Congrats Colby Price

aTmfan06

• 1 month later...
No disrespect intended to Colby but was just wondering if he was hurt last season.I saw him pitch last year 3 times agaist different clubs and he they really hit the ball well against him.Unusual to see someone get a D1 scholarship that doesn't throw smoke.Congrats the Colby on the signing.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1164395" timestamp="1327286760"]
No disrespect intended to Colby but was just wondering if he was hurt last season.I saw him pitch last year 3 times agaist different clubs and he they really hit the ball well against him.Unusual to see someone get a D1 scholarship that doesn't throw smoke.Congrats the Colby on the signing.
[/quote]

What do you consider smoke? I have seen him hit 87(not consistently)  on the gun before, which is pretty dang good for a high school lefty. Colby has a good arm, and a great pitchers body. Let him hit some weights at Lamar, and he could very easily be throwing "smoke".

Guest basketball25
I have also seem him pitch 6 times and he never got above 82, but throwing hard is overated just pitch ahead in the count and pound the fastball inside and get strike one and spot  up and he will be fine!! i have seen alot of successful pitchers at the college level throw 84 expecially from the left side do dang good at the college level!!! colby big thing is mental makeup and just needs to have that bulldog type attitude when he steps on the mound!! he has good upside as a pitcher just needs to be little bit tougher mentally and he should be fine and i think coach kirby will do a great job to get him where he needs to be!!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1165712" timestamp="1327501450"]
Never seen the kid pitch. Leftys that can throw strikes are already ahead of the game.

Congrats and good luck in your senior season.
[/quote]

Baseball25 and GCM pretty much sum it all up in a nutshell.
Never seen the kid pitch.
Best of luck and enjoy your senior season.

I was just curious if he was hurt last season.The kids I saw throw smoke in high school were throwing high 80's. Just to name a few the Douglas kid from Colmesneil and the McCabe kid from Spurger and both the Beck kids from Woodville.They consistantly hit the upper 80"s and all were legit D1 prospects.The times I saw Colby last season were a couple of times against Warren and once against Hardin.In those ballgames he looked to me like he was having arm trouble.I have no doubt the pitching coaches at Lamar will develope him and I wish him nothing but the best at LU.

• 2 months later...
[quote name="whsalum" post="1166004" timestamp="1327538074"]
I was just curious if he was hurt last season.The kids I saw throw smoke in high school were throwing high 80's. Just to name a few the Douglas kid from Colmesneil and the McCabe kid from Spurger and both the Beck kids from Woodville.They consistantly hit the upper 80"s and all were legit D1 prospects.The times I saw Colby last season were a couple of times against Warren and once against Hardin.In those ballgames he looked to me like he was having arm trouble.I have no doubt the pitching coaches at Lamar will develope him and I wish him nothing but the best at LU.
[/quote]
Gilligan will get him straight. And the Douglass kid and Casey Beck (the younger Beck brother) were both consistently low 90's easily. Beck topped out at 96 and Douglass at 98 is what i was told by someone who coached both of them.

Wow...when folks get around a radar gun they get increasitis...lol...Colby is a very good pitcher, his velocity is well into the 80's...he hoovers around 83-85 and he has great movement and speed change and thats all it takes when you come from the left. Colby Price will go to Lamar and they will put him through the paces and add 5 mph to him in the first two years and maybe squeeze another two out by his senior year.  The key will be to teach him use his entire body, increase arm strength, and maintain arm health.  He will do a fine job at Lamar...Congrats Colby on signing...look forward to watching you pitch! P.S. Alot changes between a kids junior year and senior year of high school.

Well, I saw Colby pitch against HJ this year and the kid was awesome. I didnt have a gun on him but I would guess he was somewhere between 80 - 85. Curveball looked nasty. I've met Colby once or twice and he is just an all around great kid. He has worked hard and deserves everything good that comes his way. Congrats Colby.

Barry Edelmon

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics