BRITTON LINDSEY

speveto

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1118240" timestamp="1321318535"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=91541.msg1118214#msg1118214 date=1321317357]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=91541.msg1118211#msg1118211 date=1321317188]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=91541.msg1118191#msg1118191 date=1321315391]

Britton Lindsey is truely the most electrifying back in the SE Texas.  He has had a few nagging injuries during the season, but the coaches have held back the reins for the better part of the season.  If WOS is to go deep into the playoff they will need to drop the reins and pick up the whip.  This kid can run with great vision! 
Small guys will always be questioned, but this kid has the answers.  I hope someone at the next level gives Britton a chance to continue to prove himself.
Great kid.
[/quote]Have not got to see Gilbert run.

Sherman Gilbert is more electrifying than Britton but he is a good back. There you have it. Stirred the pot. Let's hear it.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I know this is a thread about Britton I apologize about bringing up Gilbert, but he is something to see. Does Britton have a highlight tape? If so I would love to check it out. Sherman's highlight tape of some games this year is on rivals.com. He is being recruted as a WR. Good year Britton and hopefully they will go head to head in a few weeks. Would be special to to see 2 backs like that in 1 game.
[/quote]Have not seen Gilbert run this year.

Darren Sproles actually was an every down back in high school @ Olathe North HS. He rushed for 2000 yards as a junior in only 9 games. 2400, 49 touchdowns, and a 6A state title in Kansas his senior year. You guys are comparing the way Sproles plays against NFL defenses to the way Lindsey plays against 3A HS defenses. As far as where Darren Sproles was at this point in Lindsey's life the two are incomparable. Good luck to WOS, and Britton Lindsey, I would love to see the kid play at a division 1 school in college.

[quote name="speveto" post="1117625" timestamp="1321281750"]
If you like High-school Football and you haven`t  seen this young man run with the football, give yourself a "TREAT" and go to Conroe Friday night.  Britton looks like he is 100% now. He zips around the field like nothing that I have ever seen. Saturday he was running a "SWEEP". He kept looking "BACKWARD".  He was wanting to run to the other side of the field.  He is so fast that he can get away with it.  It`s  even exciting when he gets tackled.  When he gets tackled he usually turns a flip and tries to land on his feet.  He just never gives up.
[/quote]

SPeveto Lindsey is so cool to watch I am champing at the bits for Friday night football. I'm taking the Cadillac want to ride.  ;)

[quote name="Ritchard" post="1120148" timestamp="1321466222"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=91541.msg1117625#msg1117625 date=1321281750]
If you like High-school Football and you haven`t  seen this young man run with the football, give yourself a "TREAT" and go to Conroe Friday night.  Britton looks like he is 100% now. He zips around the field like nothing that I have ever seen. Saturday he was running a "SWEEP". He kept looking "BACKWARD".  He was wanting to run to the other side of the field.  He is so fast that he can get away with it.  It`s  even exciting when he gets tackled.  When he gets tackled he usually turns a flip and tries to land on his feet.  He just never gives up.
[/quote]

SPeveto Lindsey is so cool to watch I am champing at the bits for Friday night football. I'm taking the Cadillac want to ride.  ;)
[/quote]Of-course I would like to ride in your cadillac. You are the smartest person I know.  You even know how to spell "CHAMPING".  Stay cool if you can.

[quote name="LP6" post="1119606" timestamp="1321415044"]
Darren Sproles actually was an every down back in high school @ Olathe North HS. He rushed for 2000 yards as a junior in only 9 games. 2400, 49 touchdowns, and a 6A state title in Kansas his senior year. You guys are comparing the way Sproles plays against NFL defenses to the way Lindsey plays against 3A HS defenses. As far as where Darren Sproles was at this point in Lindsey's life the two are incomparable. Good luck to WOS, and Britton Lindsey, I would love to see the kid play at a division 1 school in college.
[/quote]

...and Britton has been an every down back in highschool as well... We are speculating about college, no one said that Sproles wasn't an every down back in highschool. He wasn't in college and he isn't in the NFL, either. Lindsay probably will not be either. The only reason the comparison was made is because they are both short in stature, but explosive. I think it's a fair comparison.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1120226" timestamp="1321469892"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=91541.msg1119606#msg1119606 date=1321415044]
[/quote]

...and Britton has been an every down back in highschool as well... We are speculating about college, no one said that Sproles wasn't an every down back in highschool. He wasn't in college and he isn't in the NFL, either. Lindsay probably will not be either. The only reason the comparison was made is because they are both short in stature, but explosive. I think it's a fair comparison.
[/quote]
It is a very fair comparison. I was just saying when Sproles was in high school he was the type of guy you had 11 guys keying on him on ever play. 2000+ junior and senior year. Lindsey isn't on that level but he is a good player and I can see why you guys are comparing them.

You are absolutely right. Britton isn't Sproles, however the last two years, he didn't get many carries even as the starter. Just not enough balls to go around. He had double digital carries maybe twice all last year. I'm sure Sproles was the focal point. You have to play the hand you're dealt.  :-\

[quote name="studd88" post="1121469" timestamp="1321584144"]
You are absolutely right. Britton isn't Sproles, however the last two years, he didn't get many carries even as the starter. Just not enough balls to go around. He had double digital carries maybe twice all last year. I'm sure Sproles was the focal point. You have to play the hand you're dealt.  :-\
[/quote]And he is doing that very well my friend, wish him luck from me and the wife. We will be there  hopefully on time, be rollin in from big D. You get ole Tom to go?

[quote name="Judex" post="1118275" timestamp="1321321103"]
while we are youtubing it, you guys gotta see this, it is absolutely hysterical!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y71DRG65MyU&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y71DRG65MyU&feature=related[/url]
[/quote]

LOL........ This has to be one of the funniest videos I have seen in a long time!!!!!!!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="kicker" post="1118173" timestamp="1321314201"]
[quote author=studd88 link=topic=91541.msg1118030#msg1118030 date=1321306083]
That wasnt KV. It was Jasper and he is a good student, but he hasnt gotten alot of attention,but we hope it changes. He didnt play against Kirbyville, nagging injuries.
[/quote]

Oh..ok. I couldn't really remember who it was. Thanks for pointing that out. Was I the only one that saw that except for you? I mean seriously, who loses a shoe? LOL.
[/quote]

Usually, FAST and SHIFTY guys. ;)  Hardly ever see those big ol' linemen lose a shoe. :D ;D 

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1120226" timestamp="1321469892"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=91541.msg1119606#msg1119606 date=1321415044]
[/quote]

...and Britton has been an every down back in highschool as well... We are speculating about college, no one said that Sproles wasn't an every down back in highschool. [b]He wasn't in college[/b] and he isn't in the NFL, either. Lindsay probably will not be either. The only reason the comparison was made is because they are both short in stature, but explosive. I think it's a fair comparison.
[/quote]

Sproles started at Kansas State his junior and senior season and set over 23 school records. He was a every down back for KSU as his junior year he had over 300 carries. Here is a lot more information about Sproles and his college career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Sproles

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83