Playoffs

AOO7

[quote name="AOO7" post="1118280" timestamp="1321321342"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91536.msg1118218#msg1118218 date=1321317652]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=91536.msg1117518#msg1117518 date=1321252789]
And VP32, I have seen Vidor play twice this season, once early on and then again against Crosby. I am very impressed with the way they play football. Hard hitting defense, straight ground and pound offense. Who says you need a 5 WR flashy offense, and 11 Deion Sanders on defense. Very disciplined, controlled themselves against after the play nonsense against Crosby, won with class.
[/quote]

It's just the first round and Vidor had trouble with Crosby...each week the competition not only gets harder but the depth of each team becomes more athletic.  It's not, well this team has 1 or 2 studs to watch out for, it's the whole defense and offense you have to game plan for.  Eg. Lake Travis, Brenham etc etc.  Vidor won't win unless they throw.  Period.
[/quote]
Then they won't win? They are in the 2nd round without throwing so far. Euless Trinity, 5A played for a state title last year and very good this year, 3500 rushing yards, less than 1000 passing. Yeah you are right if you don't throw you lose, lol.
[/quote]
But they say defense wins championships.... I'm confused...LOL  ::)

I was impressed with the way Bridge City hung with Coldspring (tough draw for a first game) I think to say coldspring stumbled against BC is a disservice to the Cardinals excellent effort. I was'nt there either I just know coldspring got a taste of a team from a different district and were not able to push em around like they did in their own district.  I say Bridge City Cardinals did well.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1118280" timestamp="1321321342"]
And VP32, I have seen Vidor play twice this season, once early on and then again against Crosby. I am very impressed with the way they play football. Hard hitting defense, straight ground and pound offense. Who says you need a 5 WR flashy offense, and 11 Deion Sanders on defense. Very disciplined, controlled themselves against after the play nonsense against Crosby, won with class.
[/quote]

It's just the first round and Vidor had trouble with Crosby...each week the competition not only gets harder but the depth of each team becomes more athletic.  It's not, well this team has 1 or 2 studs to watch out for, it's the whole defense and offense you have to game plan for.  Eg. Lake Travis, Brenham etc etc.  Vidor won't win unless they throw.  Period.
[/quote]
Then they won't win? They are in the 2nd round without throwing so far. Euless Trinity, 5A played for a state title last year and very good this year, 3500 rushing yards, less than 1000 passing. Yeah you are right if you don't throw you lose, lol.
[/quote]

Vidor and Trinity are two different animals. I won't say they cant win without passing, but it will be very difficult when they run into a good defence. Most teams that go far in the playoffs are balanced, that way the opposing D cant key in on one thing. Trinity however is just so much bigger, so much more athletic, and has more depth than almost every team they play, Vidor dosent have any of that.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1118295" timestamp="1321322649"]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=91536.msg1118280#msg1118280 date=1321321342]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Vidor and Trinity are two different animals. I won't say they cant win without passing, but it will be very difficult when they run into a good defence. Most teams that go far in the playoffs are balanced, that way the opposing D cant key in on one thing. Trinity however is just so much bigger, so much more athletic, and has more depth than almost every team they play, Vidor dosent have any of that.
[/quote]
Very true my friend. I was simply saying that overall, no you do not have to pass to win, that is all. I know Vidor is no Trinity, I am not saying that by any means, I was just saying you do not have to pass to win period. Vidor has been through a lot this season, and if you haven't seen them play you may just think  this boring offense will be halted soon. However, it's more than just their effective run game. Every back they have runs hard on every play, every single o-linemen is blocking like his life depends on it, and they play hard nosed defense for 4 quarters. Well disciplined and well coached. They have all the qualities of a very good football team, and seems to me they are underestimated simply because of their offensive playbook.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1118442" timestamp="1321330907"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91536.msg1118295#msg1118295 date=1321322649]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Very true my friend. I was simply saying that overall, no you do not have to pass to win, that is all. I know Vidor is no Trinity, I am not saying that by any means, I was just saying you do not have to pass to win period. Vidor has been through a lot this season, and if you haven't seen them play you may just think  this boring offense will be halted soon. However, it's more than just their effective run game. Every back they have runs hard on every play, every single o-linemen is blocking like his life depends on it, and they play hard nosed defense for 4 quarters. Well disciplined and well coached. They have all the qualities of a very good football team, and seems to me they are underestimated simply because of their offensive playbook.
[/quote]

I don't think it is a boring offence, it can be a very effective one, but when you are one dimensional it is easier for a D to stop idc how good you're run game is. In the playoff they will have to rely on sustained drives to score and play outstanding defense. I have no doubt that vidor can do this, it will just be more difficult.

With that said idt think there is a team that I am routing for more than vidor (other than Huffman) with the things they have been through this year it would be great to see them go on a run. Vidor is a team that dosent have the best athletes, dosent have the biggest kids, dosent have the most depth, dosent have 74 D1 players (brenham), but you will be hard pressed to find a team with more heart. With the offence they run they don't have to be the most talented, they have to excute to perfection, and simply out hustle the other team. I would love to see a team like Vidor win a state championship, no matter how unlikely it may seem right now.

Well I guess we'll see then.  I forgot the win over Crosby automatically put Vidor in contention for the state title.  Man you described every team thats in the playoffs (playing hard all 4 qtrs etc etc).  Vidor & their fans should have a chip on their shoulder and congrats to the kids they deserve it.  Still have to pass in the playoffs and the coach knows that.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1118496" timestamp="1321334494"]
Well I guess we'll see then.  I forgot the win over Crosby automatically put Vidor in contention for the state title.  Man you described every team thats in the playoffs (playing hard all 4 qtrs etc etc).  Vidor & their fans should have a chip on their shoulder and congrats to the kids they deserve it.  Still have to pass in the playoffs and the coach knows that.
[/quote]

I didnt say they would win state, I said I would love to see it. I realize every team in the playoffs is dedicated and has heart and all, but vidor has something else, they are playing for a fallen team mate. They have dedicated the season to him, and will not quit period. Teams like that always have a chance.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1118063" timestamp="1321307235"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91536.msg1117994#msg1117994 date=1321304018]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=91536.msg1117986#msg1117986 date=1321303617]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91536.msg1117825#msg1117825 date=1321293358]
[quote author=Boogie409 link=topic=91536.msg1117535#msg1117535 date=1321259415]
What ABOUT PAM? Have a really good shot of going deep
[/quote]That's true.  they have the chance of going the farthest of all SETX teams, especially seeing Coldspring stumble somewhat to Bridge City.
[/quote]

hhhmmmm did Coldspring stumble.... or did BC coaching staff do their homework and prepare the team and game plan that stumped Coldsprings team and coaches..... or was Bridge City just under estimated...
[/quote]I have no idea.  I wasn't there.  I do know that Coldspring have been puttin gup ridiculous numbers all year and Bridge City came in and gave them probably their first real game of the season.  I have to say that Coldspring stumbled, becuase if Bridge City raised their level of play that much, they would have wond the district title with little or no friction.
[/quote]

Huffman gave them a pretty dang good game. We gave up less rushing yards and score more points than bc did, heck some of the coldspring fans will even tell you we probably shoulda score a couple of tds if it wasn't for dropped td passes, but oh well. Coldspring is a great team and the only thing that will stop them is coldspring.

And no offence to Pam, but they will only go until they meet katy. I really don't think anybody will stop them this year. They are on a different level.
[/quote]Ok.  I understand.  8)

[quote name="7mary3" post="1118218" timestamp="1321317652"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Vidor had trouble with Crosby?  I was there and it appeard that Vidor gave Crosby more trouble than vise versa.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1118291" timestamp="1321322586"]
I was impressed with the way Bridge City hung with Coldspring (tough draw for a first game) I think to say coldspring stumbled against BC is a disservice to the Cardinals excellent effort. I was'nt there either I just know coldspring got a taste of a team from a different district and were not able to push em around like they did in their own district.  I say Bridge City Cardinals did well.
[/quote]I stated that Coldspring stumbled for a reason.  See my discussion with Kicker a few posts back.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1118295" timestamp="1321322649"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Don't get it twisted.  Vidor does have a legit passing attack when they do pass.  If faced with 3rd and 7, and you have been holding their running game, the other team comes out palm playing Vidor and say 'they're going to pass', then they run the same play that you've stopped, this time, getting 15 yards and the first down becuase you were not expecting it.  Then you have to brace for the run, run run all over again.  This is VERY frustrating to an opposing defense.  This is what makes Vidor good.  Then, they don't turn the ball over this year.  Vidor will and have been doing some good things this year.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1118442" timestamp="1321330907"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91536.msg1118295#msg1118295 date=1321322649]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]A 'boring' offense wins playoff games.  You have to be a true fan of football to understand what you are looking at when  you see a team like Vidor plays.  The blocking techniques are flawless.  The playcalling is excellent.  Opposing teams have yet to stop it except when Vidor puts the ball on the grass, which hardly happens.  Seeing all the great fakes in the backfield with no fumbles shows that this team have caught hold to this tricky offense.  I like it. If it's not broke, dont fix it.  BTW, the 2008 Central team used a wishbone run offense and marched 4 rounds deep only to lose to a team that relied on a fumble return for a TD that was called down.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1118496" timestamp="1321334494"]
[/quote]
Yeah the Coach knows you may have to pass if its 3rd and 60 lol. You do not have to pass to win, it's that simple. They are a good team, it's not like they are a terrible team living off of running the clock and playing good defense. They are good, fast, athletic, and they do run an offense that lets their defense rest longer, they don't turn the ball over, and they are playing for a fallen teammate as well. Every team left is " in contention for a state title. "

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed