The DIFFERENCE.....

PNG Proud

#7,  #8  and 3 turnovers.

#7  Never seen a high school kicker so accurate, with such long range.  Impressive!

#8  One tuff little guy.  Not very big, but quick, and can flat throw a rope.  He found the holes in our defense and made us look like Swiss Cheese!

Turnovers... 2 interceptions were converted for 6 points (difference in the game)  and the one at the end that killed our comeback chances.

For the life of me,  I can't figure out why we threw for the end zone w/ 2 minutes left as we were being successful moving the ball down the field.  But,  that's why I'm not the coach.

Congrats to Dayton.  Great game plan tonight.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1116261" timestamp="1321158317"]
#7,  #8  and 3 turnovers.

#7  Never seen a high school kicker so accurate, with such long range.  Impressive!

#8  One tuff little guy.  Not very big, but quick, and can flat throw a rope.  He found the holes in our defense and made us look like Swiss Cheese!

Turnovers... 2 interceptions were converted for 6 points (difference in the game)  and the one at the end that killed our comeback chances.

For the life of me,  I can't figure out why we threw for the end zone w/ 2 minutes left as we were being successful moving the ball down the field.  But,  that's why I'm not the coach.

Congrats to Dayton.  Great game plan tonight.
[/quote]

well said.... i was worried on the last PNG drive. PNG has great fans, tradition and that Offense was finely tuned, IMO. Both teams should be proud. The Broncos have seemed to win like this a lot this year by taking advantage of their opportunities. I wish Andres, #8, was taller, for his own sake, he'd be playing on saturdays somewhere.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1116286" timestamp="1321158857"]
You guys must have peaked late in the season,  because I just can't see Dayton finishing #3 in 19.  That's a head scratcher.
[/quote]

Been a crazy year man... lots of changes in bronco land and the adjustment just took some time. We always seem to peak when we need to, this year just took a little longer. The loss to BH was a tough one and dinged us up a little. GCM capitalized on some poor play and played very well themselves. We started coming together and getting a little healthier after that. It was a fun game tonight... tough for the PNG kids though. They'll have some great memories though. The PNG tradition is unbelievable.

[quote name="dayton" post="1116296" timestamp="1321159115"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=91477.msg1116286#msg1116286 date=1321158857]
You guys must have peaked late in the season,  because I just can't see Dayton finishing #3 in 19.  That's a head scratcher.
[/quote]

Been a crazy year man... lots of changes in bronco land and the adjustment just took some time. We always seem to peak when we need to, this year just took a little longer. The loss to BH was a tough one and dinged us up a little. GCM capitalized on some poor play and played very well themselves. We started coming together and getting a little healthier after that. It was a fun game tonight... tough for the PNG kids though. They'll have some great memories though. The PNG tradition is unbelievable.
[/quote]

Yeah,  I feel bad for the kids, but someone has to lose.  Helluva game though, wasn't it!

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1116301" timestamp="1321159231"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=91477.msg1116296#msg1116296 date=1321159115]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=91477.msg1116286#msg1116286 date=1321158857]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah,  I feel bad for the kids, but someone has to lose.  [b]Helluva game though, wasn't it[/b]!
[/quote]

Instant classic in my book.

Seriously I was thinking what is this OK it's your turn to score now it's our turn the whole NAIL BITING GAME! Awesome game. Our kicker is unbeleavable he was spot on tonight

[quote name="octfeb" post="1116322" timestamp="1321159639"]
Seriously I was thinking what is this OK it's your turn to score now it's our turn the whole NAIL BITING GAME! Awesome game.[b] Our kicker is unbeleavable he was spot on tonight[/b]
[/quote]

Now THAT is an understatement.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1116331" timestamp="1321160031"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91477.msg1116322#msg1116322 date=1321159639]
Seriously I was thinking what is this OK it's your turn to score now it's our turn the whole NAIL BITING GAME! Awesome game.[b] Our kicker is unbeleavable he was spot on tonight[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No doubt he's a tremendous asset. Those 3 turnovers didn't hurt either! ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1116344" timestamp="1321160201"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=91477.msg1116331#msg1116331 date=1321160031]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91477.msg1116322#msg1116322 date=1321159639]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No doubt he's a tremendous asset. Those 3 turnovers didn't hurt either! ;D
[/quote]

Don't get me started.  :(

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1116355" timestamp="1321160369"]
Your kicker is the best I've seen in all my years of watching High School Football.

[b]PNGProud I was thinking the same thing with that last offensive play call. Why throw that ball when Nelson was double covered?[/b]
[/quote]

Because he was making plays... dance with the one who brung ya....

DAY -- Juan Carranco 42-yard field goal, 01:21, 1st. 
DAY -- Juan Carranco 48-yard field goal, 04:30, 3rd.
DAY -- Juan Carranco 41-yard field goal, 11:12, 4th.
DAY -- Juan Carranco 33-yard field goal, 06:32, 4th.
DAY -- Juan Carranco 39-yard field goal, 02:24, 4th

Pretty amazing night for a HS kicker.  Definately the difference in the game.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1116286" timestamp="1321158857"]
[/quote]
The season dont start till da playoffs  ;) 19-4A is Dayton and if there were any doubts  ;D ;D

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1116410" timestamp="1321162296"]
DAY -- Juan Carranco 42-yard field goal, 01:21, 1st. 
DAY -- Juan Carranco 48-yard field goal, 04:30, 3rd.
DAY -- Juan Carranco 41-yard field goal, 11:12, 4th.
DAY -- Juan Carranco 33-yard field goal, 06:32, 4th.
DAY -- Juan Carranco 39-yard field goal, 02:24, 4th

Pretty amazing night for a HS kicker.  Definitely the difference in the game.
[/quote]Player of the game. Juan Carranco
Great game PNG-- To all of the players You all were very well mannered on the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder