To Lamar College

baddog

Thanks for hosting our 20-4A playoff game this week. I have a small favor to ask. Could you change your pre-game [b]music[/b] (I use the term loosely) venue to country? I know absolutely no one who likes that "Techno" stuff. I wore ear plugs last night after learning the hard way the previous night at the Vidor game.

Thank you from a fan who buys tickets and concessions.

[quote name="baddog" post="1114959" timestamp="1321122086"]
Thanks for hosting our 20-4A playoff game this week. I have a small favor to ask. Could you change your pre-game [b]music[/b] (I use the term loosely) venue to country? I know absolutely no one who likes that "Techno" stuff. I wore ear plugs last night after learning the hard way the previous night at the Vidor game.

[/quote]Agreed..... Or at the very least, turn it down a notch. just sayin ;D ;D ;D

I like all kinds of music. That repetitive stuff gets under my skin. I said play country because I figure it is more readily accepted by most people. It was a relief when the announcer came on.

That's the kind of music they play for the celebrity types in their private clubs and we all know they have no taste.  ;D

[color=purple][/color]Im 52 yoa  i like that music you need to remember  we are in a environment of young athletes that  gets pump up to that music if you had country music or elevator music would put the boys to sleep then they couldnt play well [color=purple][/color]

[quote name="baddog" post="1114986" timestamp="1321123515"]
I like all kinds of music. That repetitive stuff gets under my skin. I said play country because I figure it is more readily accepted by most people. It was a relief when the announcer came on.

That's the kind of music they play for the celebrity types in their private clubs and we all know they have no taste.  ;D
[/quote]

Unbelievable that after a game we are hearing about the music played. Wow, you think Country is the most readily accepted type of music by most people (fan's, parents, family members, kids in the band, drill team, cheerleaders and players).

I have heard plenty of stories about guys playing their music loud on the school bus and it wasn't country. So that motivates you to watch some football? LOL

Country music I've heard it all now.  8)

One more suggestion....
At the Vidor game the replay function on the jumboTron was used frequently to highlight exceptional plays (obviously not penalties/flags). At the Nederland game it seemed to be a constant live feed with no replaying. I 'm not even sure how this all works or who is responsible;but, something I noticed.

You need to contact one or both of these people at Lamar and I doubt with their scheules they are available for a HS game. Video Coordinator Clint Burges or Production Coordinator Brianna Meadows but again they may show your video guys some things about how to work the equipment but they aren't going to be there for a whole HS football game as they are already working overtime with Lamar volleyball, MBB, WBB and football going right now.

Totally agree. At least turn it down a little. Here's a few artists if Vidor plays there again: George Jones, Tracy Byrd and Clay Walker since they all are Vidor Pirates. We could finish up with Stained or Disturbed right before the game starts....thanks again to Lamar University for hosting us Thursday night. It was like playing in BONEYARD 2.

Guest beechnut
The CRAP they play now is not even music so lets play some sixties or seventies when music had some sould. Some Little Richard, Elvis, or even some wild Peter Frampton. Did you ever think that Alice Cooper would be labeled as boring?  :o

[quote name="beechnut" post="1117474" timestamp="1321246701"]
The CRAP they play now is not even music so lets play some sixties or seventies when music had some sould. Some Little Richard, Elvis, or even some wild Peter Frampton. Did you ever think that Alice Cooper would be labeled as boring?  :o
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="beechnut" post="1117474" timestamp="1321246701"]
[/quote]

Have "Love It To Death" and "Killer" in my truck now.

I guess I will continue to wear ear plugs to Lamar.

Thought they lost their University status.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1117383" timestamp="1321241700"]
You need to contact one or both of these people at Lamar and I doubt with their scheules they are available for a HS game. Video Coordinator Clint Burges or Production Coordinator Brianna Meadows but again they may show your video guys some things about how to work the equipment but they aren't going to be there for a whole HS football game as they are already working overtime with Lamar volleyball, MBB, WBB and football going right now.
[/quote]

Yeah, because Lamar sports are soooooo exciting!  *sarcasm*

[quote name="baddog" post="1114959" timestamp="1321122086"]

[/quote]  Bad Dog  the BUTCH is louder

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder