Ozen vs Hardin Jefferson Scrimmage?

Trey Green, Jakobi Jones, Kourtney williams, Terran Vaughn, all have a good chance of starting when they are done with football. and i may be wrong but its about 4 more other guys on the football team who may get varsity minutes. Hj is usually know for its basketball team should be a good scrimmage.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WILL I AM" post="1110726" timestamp="1320938654"]
Trey Green, Jakobi Jones, Kourtney williams, Terran Vaughn, all have a good chance of starting when they are done with football. and i may be wrong but its about 4 more other guys on the football team who may get varsity minutes. Hj is usually know for its basketball team should be a good scrimmage.
[/quote] Will be fun to watch this year.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1111722" timestamp="1320979233"]
LMAO!!!!!

Easy there Dove......Would love to see HJ and Ozen play with both teams at full strength!!!!  Hopefully if both teams make the playoffs ;) ;) we can get the two of them for a warm up game at the Montagne!!!!!
[/quote]Montagne? Sounds good to me.  Hopefully Silsbee won't have a say so in this ;D

[quote name="utfan06" post="1111815" timestamp="1320981188"]
True blue I seriously doubt Kountze was the weakest team and this was just a scrimmage and 25 points ... we lost by 12... and scrimmages mean nothing starters play very little ...
[/quote]I like Kountze's little point guard. Nice skill set.

Guys, Don't read more into this than it was , just a scrimmage.The running clock and the 5 minute substitutions make a flow hard to get in to.I saw what I figured I would and that is good hustle by all 5 clubs,good pressure defense and not a whole lot of offense.The biggest surprise I saw was the left handed big kid(#42) for HJ,he is gonna give them some productive minutes in the long run and #3 for HJ had a pretty good game as well.The rest of the Hawks I saw play a lot last year and knew they would be solid.Kountze is not real big but they will win a lot of games with their pressure.Goodrich didn't have any depth but will be very competetive in the 1-a ranks.None of the clubs shot the ball very well from the perimeter but it's awful early, that will get better.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1111829" timestamp="1320981320"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=91219.msg1111815#msg1111815 date=1320981188]
True blue I seriously doubt Kountze was the weakest team and this was just a scrimmage and 25 points ... we lost by 12... and scrimmages mean nothing starters play very little ...
[/quote]

I like him too Dove, when he gets hot from behind the arc he can be dangerous for other teams...And it was good to finally get to meet you....

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1112114" timestamp="1320985075"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=91219.msg1111829#msg1111829 date=1320981320]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=91219.msg1111815#msg1111815 date=1320981188]
[/quote]

I like him too Dove, when he gets hot from behind the arc he can be dangerous for other teams...And it was good to finally get to meet you....
[/quote]Same here Poppa. As you can see, I don't bite :D

[quote name="utfan06" post="1111815" timestamp="1320981188"]
[/quote] Just going by what I was told, by some that was there. And a 12 point game ,with a running clock is a big lead. But we will just have to wait untill next week ;D ;D Like I said , not dogging Kountze, just saying HJ is going to be that strong...

[quote name="utfan06" post="1112440" timestamp="1321021398"]
HJ is strong ... just don't think we will lose by 25 and I know we are better than Goodrich and shepherd .... and we only lost to dozen by 2... we also have a key starter out..
[/quote] Thats the reason I asked , if they had someone out?? And 25 points is not that much, Its just 6 points a Quarter

[quote name="True Blue" post="1112441" timestamp="1321021464"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=91219.msg1112440#msg1112440 date=1321021398]
HJ is strong ... just don't think we will lose by 25 and I know we are better than Goodrich and shepherd .... and we only lost to dozen by 2... we also have a key starter out..
[/quote] Thats the reason I asked , if they had someone out?? And 25 points is not that much, Its just 6 points a Quarter
[/quote]

I see your point, but I believe these scores were just from a half, right? Either way, I would not get too excited or discouraged about these scores regardless of what side you are on. Ask yourself how much stock you put into pre-season NFL football? Play your starters a bit, but then put in other kids to see what they can do against Varsity level talent. Coaches are NOT too concerned about scores in scrimmages like this.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami