Todays comments from Coach Woodards weekly presser

cmdabe Christopher Dabe
Lamar's Doug Prewitt getting more practice reps w/ injuries to Andre Bevil (ankle) & Jeremy Johnson (ribs). Starter TBD.

Courtesy of Fox 4's Nick Canizales:

Todd Whitten on Doug Prewitt: He had not taken snaps in 8-9 weeks. If we end up going with Doug I have confidence he will do well

Also, Lamar LT Anthony Oden (ankle) is practicing and will play Saturday, coach Ray Woodard said.

Ray Woodard on SFA Offense: Most improved team the last 4-6 weeks. Really playing well with a lot of confidence. Have to slow them down

Woodard on last year's game vs SFA: Our team realizes what the score was and we are playing a good football team.

Woodard on not giving up big plays: Can't afford 2 do that against anyone. It makes u question about what your doing & just try 2 get better

Woodard: It's really important we play well these last 3 games for recruiting.

Doug Prewitt seems like a very smart young man. He may not have taken "live" reps but I'm sure he did what is called mental reps. Plus, he has thrown the ball in drills and probably ran the scout team offense. So, he has thrown the ball the last 8 weeks. Per NCAA rules there is only so much time on the field with the players so it is hard to get 3 QB's ready for games.

He just has to get down the gameplan for Saturday and if he plays well he'll deserve another start next week.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1103539" timestamp="1320353883"]
Doug Prewitt seems like a very smart young man. He may not have taken "live" reps but I'm sure he did what is called mental reps. Plus, he has thrown the ball in drills and probably ran the scout team offense. So, he has thrown the ball the last 8 weeks. Per [b]NCAA rules there is only so much time on the field with the players so it is hard to get 3 QB's ready for games.
[/b]
He just has to get down the gameplan for Saturday and if he plays well he'll deserve another start next week.
[/quote]

That's correct. I don't know of any team at any level( HS to NFL) that has their 3rd string QB taking reps during the week other than during drills.

I don't know how they do it at West Brook now days or Missouri Valley College but Monday is a off day for Lamar players. Then they go hard Tuesday, Wednesday and pull back Thursday. Friday is a walk through practice and Saturday is the game.

I've never been around a HS, College or Pro team that has 3rd string QB's getting reps on a regular basis.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1103572" timestamp="1320356764"]
I don't know how they do it at West Brook now days or Missouri Valley College but Monday is a off day for Lamar players. Then they go hard Tuesday, Wednesday and pull back Thursday. Friday is a walk through practice and Saturday is the game.

I've never been around a HS, College or Pro team that has 3rd string QB's getting reps on a regular basis.
[/quote]
Same schedule

[quote name="DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS)" post="1103566" timestamp="1320356196"]
QB reps should go...1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3 etc...Until script is made on Thursday/Friday then u split 1's  and 2's w/ 3's alternate facing the opposite directions.... 8)
[/quote]

Then how is this...Until script is made on Thursday/Friday. The defensive, offensive and special teams game plan at Lamar are put in place by Tuesday at the latest.

BTW, my brother was a WR coach at West Brook during the Chip Ambres days. He lead the Bruins to the 5A quarterfinals and was a ATM signee that went pro baseball after being drafted out of HS. Most people don't know this, Chip suffered a knee injury half way through the season and the MRI showed he was born without one of his knee ligaments. He was a stud and they didn't share too many reps between Chip and his backup younger brother Rick.

You might enjoy the article as it mentions Chip passed for 320 yards. But what it doesn't state, he rushed for about 120. West Brook would have won that game IMHO if there wasn't 5 TO's.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1997_3020167/fast-start-propels-hastings-bears-race-past-west-b.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Ambres

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1997_3008712/highlight-reel-athletes-suffering-short-subject-se.html

[quote name="bigred360" post="1103625" timestamp="1320360799"]
[quote author=DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS) link=topic=90879.msg1103566#msg1103566 date=1320356196]
QB reps should go...1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3 etc...Until script is made on Thursday/Friday then u split 1's  and 2's w/ 3's alternate facing the opposite directions.... 8)
[/quote]

Then how is this...Until script is made on Thursday/Friday. The defensive, offensive and special teams game plan at Lamar are put in place by Tuesday at the latest.

BTW, my brother was a WR coach at West Brook during the Chip Ambres days. He lead the Bruins to the 5A quarterfinals and was a ATM signee that went pro baseball after being drafted out of HS. Most people don't know this, Chip suffered a knee injury half way through the season and the MRI showed he was born without one of his knee ligaments. He was a stud and they didn't share too many reps between Chip and his backup younger brother Rick.

You might enjoy the article as it mentions Chip passed for 320 yards. But what it doesn't state, he rushed for about 120. West Brook would have won that game IMHO if there wasn't 5 TO's.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1997_3020167/fast-start-propels-hastings-bears-race-past-west-b.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Ambres

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1997_3008712/highlight-reel-athletes-suffering-short-subject-se.html
[/quote]
That's awesome...heard nothing but good things about Ambres...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1103530" timestamp="1320353581"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=90879.msg1103519#msg1103519 date=1320353046]
Head Coach 'AgAreWe' has already announced prewitt as starter
[/quote]

That's my story and I am sticking to it. ;)
[/quote]

I think (after weeks of "jerijohn will be starter by game 5" ;) ;) ;))...you may be right on this one

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1103881" timestamp="1320380435"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90879.msg1103530#msg1103530 date=1320353581]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=90879.msg1103519#msg1103519 date=1320353046]
Head Coach 'AgAreWe' has already announced prewitt as starter
[/quote]

That's my story and I am sticking to it. ;)
[/quote]

I think ([b]after weeks of "jerijohn will be starter by game 5"[/b] ;) ;) ;))...you may be right on this one
[/quote]

Personally, I think it was coming. Based on what I was being told. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami