Silsbee at HF

BADSANTA

Will Silsbee be one and done in playoffs  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will Silsbee be one and done in playoffs

• Yes
    • No

I still think Drake moves the team down the field better. Reed does have his great moments,and is faster. just think Drake is more mature, doesnt get rattled easy. And I do think Reed will be a very good QB the next couple years. Im just tired of hearing how good the future is going to be . Lets play for this year every year. Not pretending to be a coach, just an opinion.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1101024" timestamp="1320095758"]
I knew starting the soph. Reed at QB this season would have it's ups and downs. Young, inexperienced and would make his share of mistakes. I also knew he would make some great plays as well to help offset some of those mistakes (not all of them though).

I have always liked the fact that if you have a soph. that can be your starting QB, then go for it, it will pay off dearly in the future. Of course, that's if you have no sufficient starter already. (that draws the question as to if Drake was sufficient enough or not). I do know that for Silsbee to reach it's potential this year, Reed needed to be the QB and allow Drake to play defense and WR. That was not just my thinking, but the Silsbee coaching staff's as well.

Reed has certainly had his troubles this season (mistakes, injuries) and is really learning a hard lesson, one that I hope will make him better in the long run.
[/quote]See, I hope yall are not listening ::)

Reed has the potential to be great. He [u]CAN[/u] make all the throws, as well as run the read option very effectively. He's a great athlete. Give him another year and he'll be good. I think Drake should start this game, and know that well before the game. He has been preparing to play qb all week so we"ll see what happens. I also think Patrick has learned a lot this year. the experience (good and bad ) have toughened him up and made him smarter. But Right now we want to make a playoff run, not develop a qb. 

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1101103" timestamp="1320102779"]
No santa most have been to every game that both have played in.....for years.  You on the other hand have been to one game this year. ;)

We can win with either QB......We can loose with either QB.  Just depends on how you play the game out.
[/quote]

I can tell you if this you won't see Drake start because he is to valuable at other positions. Yes they win as a team and lose as a team, the QB has the ball in his hand on every snap and Reed give Silsbee the best chance at winning. Neither quarterback cam get them pass thesecond round. If they beat HF.

IMO Silsbee should run more wildcat plays using Turk, Gaines, and Spearman. Those are your top playmakes. If you can't get the ball in their hands behind some decent blocking, then your season will end earlier than you want. There have been very few games this year (stats dont lie) that I think Silsbee has been able to get the ball in their playmakers hands consistantly. Haven't heard Turks name called in a while on a huge run or pass catch. Spearman's production has slowed down and Gaines hasn't had  as many oppritunities as he did earlier in the year. Get the ball in the hands of the players who can move the chains. If Drake can do that, let him have the keys.  :D

It is too late in the year to be discusssing a qb change without an injury.  The one thing Drake gives at the qb position would be a stronger arm.  One of Reeds problems this year has been that our speedy receivers are sometimes outrunning his arm.  He tries to get the ball there and it ends up running out of steam and being a floater.  Sometimes those receivers need to come back to the qb so he can make a better pass.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1101814" timestamp="1320176445"]
IMO Silsbee should run more wildcat plays using Turk, Gaines, and Spearman. Those are your top playmakes. If you can't get the ball in their hands behind some decent blocking, then your season will end earlier than you want. There have been very few games this year (stats dont lie) that I think Silsbee has been able to get the ball in their playmakers hands consistantly. Haven't heard Turks name called in a while on a huge run or pass catch. Spearman's production has slowed down and Gaines hasn't had  as many oppritunities as he did earlier in the year. Get the ball in the hands of the players who can move the chains. If Drake can do that, let him have the keys.  :D
[/quote]

I agree.  I see Coach McGallion starting Drake...It's the most logical move.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1102192" timestamp="1320239181"]
Look, all this talk about qb's is really not the major issue. You need to be more concerned about your opponent this Friday night. ;)
[/quote]

I don't think they're concerned about the opponent. After all, they've already attached a poll on here about how they're gonna do in the playoffs (they need to win just to make the playoffs).

[quote name="Englebert" post="1102196" timestamp="1320239405"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=90708.msg1102192#msg1102192 date=1320239181]
Look, all this talk about qb's is really not the major issue. You need to be more concerned about your opponent this Friday night. ;)
[/quote]

I don't think they're concerned about the opponent. After all, they've already attached a poll on here about how they're gonna do in the playoffs (they need to win just to make the playoffs).
[/quote]The thing that HF could play for is being the spoiler and keeping Silsbee out of playoffs, right? If so, thats a great motivation for HF to win this one.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1102192" timestamp="1320239181"]
[/quote]

They are going to beat their opponent by choosing the correct QB to do so.  It is a very pertinent issue.  Choosing the correct QB makes a big difference (someone should forward this post to Jerry Jones).  WHEN they beat HF (and they will), it will be nice going into the playoffs already knowing who's leading your offense onto the field.  They could beat HF with either QB though.

Know who you have and what they can do or not do.  Then get after it with what they bring to the table.  That is the answere.  If it is done I see a long drives down the field for the Tigers.  If not...out comes the D.

As far as HF.....they are good and it will be competitive.  They will bring it.  A few years ago Silsbee had a wonderful team and was lucky they left HF with the win.  Rocky C. pulled that one out....4 yards a pop.

[quote name="ATEEL07" post="1103034" timestamp="1320300179"]
I believe silsbee takes this one by 2 or 3engagement Tds then faces Huffman next week in a shootout with that one being decided in the last couple minutes of the game
[/quote]sorry didn't mean to put engagement after 3 my phone has a mind of its own lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami