skipper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jlc2010" post="1099888" timestamp="1319997780"]
2a donald hubbard san augustine
[/quote]
I agree not only has he turned the team completely around from last year, he is also an awesome person and a heck of a role model for our kids. We are very fortunate to have him.

[color=red][size=14pt]GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!![/size][/color]

i agree with most of the posters on here the coldsprings coach barbe is is a very very good coach and i do understand where you all are comming from and i do belive thay have not lost a game and are in the top 10 teams in the state but on the other hand you might  take a look at coach thompson at wo-s he took over the  this program from coach hooks and put in a new type (O) with a almost a complet new coaching staff and with kids getting hurt all season he keep them togather somehow.his mustangs played some of the best teams around friendswood who was rated in the state at that time oh i should have put nederland in first dis champs in 4A and then came giddings who are  still rated in the top 10 in class 4A  so being a mustang fan i will cast my vote for coach thompson IMO PS SORRY FOR THE SPELLING

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1099836" timestamp="1319994455"]
5A  Harrison    PAM

4A  Neuman    Nederland

3A  Barbay      Coldspring

2A  Sutherland  East Chambers

1A  Jones      High Island
[/quote]
I'm with you on this one. Looks dead on. Not sure about 1A. Just don't see much of it.

[quote name="skipper" post="1100511" timestamp="1320069999"]
i agree with most of the posters on here the coldsprings coach barbe is is a very very good coach and i do understand where you all are comming from and i do belive thay have not lost a game and are in the top 10 teams in the state but on the other hand you might  take a look at coach thompson at wo-s he took over the  this program from coach hooks and put in a new type (O) with a almost a complet new coaching staff and with kids getting hurt all season he keep them togather somehow.his mustangs played some of the best teams around friendswood who was rated in the state at that time oh i should have put nederland in first dis champs in 4A and then came giddings who are  still rated in the top 10 in class 4A  so being a mustang fan i will cast my vote for coach thompson IMO PS SORRY FOR THE SPELLING
[/quote]
I think it may be more remarkable in that District that Price has gotten HF to be competitive again!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1100434" timestamp="1320062375"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=90693.msg1100034#msg1100034 date=1320008605]
5A- Port Arthur Memorial

4A- Vidor

3A- Coldspring

2A- East Chambers

1A- High Island

[/quote]I agree
[/quote]

I agree too. Congrats to COY Russ Sutherland!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Most of yall gotta remember. Jeff Mathews took a team that was 2-8 last year and basically with the same players except for a few lineman made them a 7-2 team this year. That takes skill right there.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="vpride" post="1100835" timestamp="1320087854"]
I always catch heat from the vidor folk for saying this, but Jeff Matthews does more woth less less that the others in 20-4A every year.
[/quote]
You won't catch heat from me. That's a very true statement.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1100792" timestamp="1320085591"]
Most of yall gotta remember. Jeff Mathews took a team that was 2-8 last year and basically with the same players except for a few lineman made them a 7-2 team this year. That takes skill right there.
[/quote]
If you have the same players, you should win. He took a bunch of returners and they finished either tied for second or in fourth place. Gotta say Neuman on this one. Nederland has a boat load of Sophomores and they should go through undefeated. Thought Neuman should have had it last season, but they gave it to Crouch at LCM, who didn't even make it to the Playoffs!

I will agree that Mathews would be my second choice.

[quote name="BDog95" post="1101089" timestamp="1320101790"]
5a  PAM

4a  Nederland

3a  Bridge City

2a  East Chambers

1a  High Island
[/quote]

why would you put bc coach as coach of the year....and i am from bridge city....they havent even clinched a playoff spot and they were loaded this year....if orangefield beats them which is a great possibility then huckaby would get my vote hands down he would finish what 7-3 and make the playoffs with in my opinion a much weaker team than last year....

I was in high school when all of the football players signed a petition and took it to the school board to make Coach Mathews head coach and AD.  His players love him, win or lose.  I'm going with him for 4A.  He turned Vidor's football program around completely in the time since he became head coach.

[quote name="invictus" post="1101944" timestamp="1320191966"]
I was in high school when all of the football players signed a petition and took it to the school board to make Coach Mathews head coach and AD.  His players love him, win or lose.  I'm going with him for 4A.  He turned Vidor's football program around completely in the time since he became head coach.
[/quote]

Seems like we have been playing Mathews teams forever, how long has he been HC at Vidor?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1102023" timestamp="1320198616"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90693.msg1101944#msg1101944 date=1320191966]
[/quote]

Seems like we have been playing Mathews teams forever, how long has he been HC at Vidor?
[/quote]
I think he's going on his 10th or 11th year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu