you pick the coach of the year in 5A -4A- 3A- 2A

skipper

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1102023" timestamp="1320198616"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90693.msg1101944#msg1101944 date=1320191966]
I was in high school when all of the football players signed a petition and took it to the school board to make Coach Mathews head coach and AD.  His players love him, win or lose.  I'm going with him for 4A.  He turned Vidor's football program around completely in the time since he became head coach.
[/quote]

Seems like we have been playing Mathews teams forever, how long has he been HC at Vidor?
[/quote]

I believe he became head coach in the spring of '98.  That idiot from Lumberton did not even last an entire year, if I am remembering correctly.

That's a pretty good turn around - Vidor's first playoff berth in years and years and years was in the 2000 season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angleton Coach Ryan Roark has did an excellent job this year in his 1st year at Angleton. Not many knew what to expect coming into this year with the 'Cats but he took this team 10-0 for the first time since '82. Out of the 10 games only 2 were close till the end. He has took a usually one dimensional team from years past and turned them into a balanced team. Can't quite remember when was the last time Angleton had a thousand yard passer who is real accurate with 16 td's to only 3 interceptions. This will be a team to reckon with in R3, that is if they make it out of the 1st rd. Because depending what Friendswood does than they are looking at a rematch of last year 1st rd game with Dawson. But if Friendswood wins then they get Friendswood the 1st rd which will be a rematch of the first game of the year in which Angleton won 42-28

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder