Stratford @ Brenham: Predictions?

A couple things depend on this game...

1. If Stratford wins, 17-4A will have co-champs. (Brenham & Stratford) If Brenham wins, they will win 17-4A outright.

2. I know Montgomery will have an eye on this game, as should Nederland, Vidor, Crosby & GCM/Baytown Lee.  This game will determine who is 17-4A's #1 seed for D1.  If Brenham wins, Stratford would fall to 5-2 in district play.  Montgomery will likely beat Magnolia, which would make them 5-2 in district also.  Montgomery beat Stratford, so they own the tie-breaker.  Bottom line, Stratford will be the D1 #1 seed with a win.

My prediction...

Brenham 35
Stratford 14

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1099820" timestamp="1319993287"]
so basically what your saying is you beat stratford, they go to D1?
[/quote]

Montgomery & Stratford will both be D1.  If Brenham beats Stratford, Montgomery is the D1 #1 seed.  If Stratford beats Brenham, they are the D1 #1 seed. 

*If I were Vidor, I would be pulling for Stratford.  They would be an easier game than Montgomery.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1099852" timestamp="1319995472"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90689.msg1099820#msg1099820 date=1319993287]
[/quote]

Montgomery & Stratford will both be D1.  If Brenham beats Stratford, Montgomery is the D1 #1 seed.  If Stratford beats Brenham, they are the D1 #1 seed. 

*If I were Vidor, I would be pulling for Stratford.  They would be an easier game than Montgomery.
[/quote]
lol okay. Thanx for the info Brenham fan.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1099858" timestamp="1319995730"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=90689.msg1099852#msg1099852 date=1319995472]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90689.msg1099820#msg1099820 date=1319993287]
[/quote]

[/quote]
lol okay. Thanx for the info Brenham fan.
[/quote]

No problem.  Lol

I'll say Brenham 41-21.  However, I'm still trying to figure out how Stratford beats Mag West 51-13, Mag West beats Montgomery and Montgomery pummels Stratford.  The D1 1 and 2 position is also in question in 18 4A where Huntsville and Willis will play to decide that.  I'll lean towards Willis, but Huntsville can definitely win that one.  Would you rather play Stratford or Montgomery in the first round?  I say neither.

Brenham-41 Stratford-14
IMO the main reason Montgomery lost to Magnolia West was the offense just lost their main starting running back and depended on the pass to much and West did not respect Montgomery to run. Montgomery has now found a few running backs to replace House but still struggles to run the ball without him. Brenham did the same thing. Montgomery will have to run better or it will be a short lived playoffs depending on a pretty good defense.

I'll be heading to Brenham to catch this game.My friend came to see Dayt/Ike 2 yrs in a row and drove to my place to catch a ride to Nederland for Setx prev show.This will be my 2nd yr.in a row to see this game.Last year Grad and a host of setx posters watched this game & it was a dandy till da buzzer ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1100516" timestamp="1320070318"]
I'll be heading to Brenham to catch this game.My friend came to see Dayt/Ike 2 yrs in a row and drove to my place to catch a ride to Nederland for Setx prev show.This will be my 2nd yr.in a row to see this game.Last year Grad and a host of setx posters watched this game & it was a dandy till da buzzer ;)
[/quote]

It was a good one!  A little closer than I liked, but a win is a win.  We gonna eat good, then watch my Cubs take it to the Spartans!

[quote name="liltex" post="1100516" timestamp="1320070318"]
[/quote]

I'll drive, but I refuse to wear green shoes.  ;) 

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1100604" timestamp="1320076525"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=90689.msg1100516#msg1100516 date=1320070318]
[/quote]

I'll drive, but I refuse to wear green shoes.  ;)
[/quote]

Lol

[quote name="Eazy" post="1100360" timestamp="1320030252"]
I'll say Brenham 41-21.  However, I'm still trying to figure out how Stratford beats Mag West 51-13, Mag West beats Montgomery and Montgomery pummels Stratford.  The D1 1 and 2 position is also in question in 18 4A where Huntsville and Willis will play to decide that.  I'll lean towards Willis, but Huntsville can definitely win that one.  Would you rather play Stratford or Montgomery in the first round?  I say neither.
[/quote]

i think a lot of times its about match ups, and sometimes teams and players rise to the occasion, and sometimes nothing goes right
    not counting on winning this game, so looks like shs will play willis in 1st round, no home field...not sure what in the middle....
    b.f. ill pm you, will get there early for food, il let you know when its set...........

[quote name="grasshopper" post="1101985" timestamp="1320194584"]
[quote author=Eazy link=topic=90689.msg1100360#msg1100360 date=1320030252]
[/quote]

i think a lot of times its about match ups, and sometimes teams and players rise to the occasion, and sometimes nothing goes right
    not counting on winning this game, so looks like shs will play willis in 1st round, no home field...not sure what in the middle....
    b.f. ill pm you, will get there early for food, il let you know when its set...........
[/quote]

My friend liltex is coming down for the game, and we were planing on going to JW's steakhouse out in the country.  You're welcome to join us if you want?  It would be an interesting pregame discussion, over some great home cooked food.  A little insight from each side, plus a nuetral fan.  Let me know if you are interested...

You'll have to keep me updated because I'll be in California from Thursday until next Friday.  Going to miss this weekend's games along with the first round of the playoffs :(!

Here's my prediction....Brenham to win for the next 5 weeks....then I'll make my pick on that next game after then.

[quote name="rollinac" post="1102229" timestamp="1320242034"]
You'll have to keep me updated because I'll be in California from Thursday until next Friday.  Going to miss this weekend's games along with the first round of the playoffs :(!

Here's my prediction....Brenham to win for the next 5 weeks....then I'll make my pick on that next game after then.
[/quote]

Will do!  This game is pretty significant when it comes to the D1 playoff bracket!

Saw Brehman play in Magnolia last Friday. They have size, speed, and are mean on defense. Big ol Malcom Brown is the real deal. They have a very good running game and solid wideouts. I predict with most of their fans I talk to, they could very well win their 1st Football state championship.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1102060" timestamp="1320200886"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90689.msg1102040#msg1102040 date=1320199635]
BrenhamFan...if Brenham wins in the first round, and I assume they will, who will they play? The 19-4A #1 vs 20-4A #2 winner or vice versa? I haven't seen a bracket.
[/quote]

Barbers Hill or 20-4's #2.
[/quote]
Thanks.....and Go Pirates! ;D

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1102367" timestamp="1320250900"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=90689.msg1102060#msg1102060 date=1320200886]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90689.msg1102040#msg1102040 date=1320199635]
BrenhamFan...if Brenham wins in the first round, and I assume they will, who will they play? The 19-4A #1 vs 20-4A #2 winner or vice versa? I haven't seen a bracket.
[/quote]

Barbers Hill or 20-4's #2.
[/quote]
Thanks.....and Go Pirates! ;D
[/quote]

Lol...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83