WHY??????????????????????????

[quote name="beechnut" post="1091984" timestamp="1319390840"]
Bottome line is Bevil is a head case and Johnson cannot pass the ball. Coach has to go find a qb this spring bc he does not have one. I hope we can beat SFA and Nichols to save face on a good season.
[/quote]
Sorry, but the BS that happened last Spring....DOTY, GONZALES, (the little guy from Hardin).....None getting an offer and u have 7 or 8 on the roster...2/3 can compete at QB, they should have pulled back the scholarships from the guys not being able to make an impact at other positions....

You red shirt Doty, Gonzales, OR the Hardin QB(whom ever)...ALL 3 are athletic enough to Play QB/WR and are play makers!!

Defensively... There are enough West Brook players???  WHO's MAKING ALL THE PLAYS?  Maybe there ISN'T enough West Brook players...Should they go to KELLY to find them???  Legacy???  OOPS...they came from the area High Schools, WB included!!

and I still say, as I have stated before...JJ as a WR can be NFL material!!!.....
I stated this after watching the Spring game, it seemed like his balls were floating...then everyone wanted to chop my comments up....I don't have to put together any numbers to compare to the QB's that are on scholarship at Lamar vs the Class of 2010 QB's from SETX high schools....I can do that in my head...NO COMPARISON...

As for the future...my money is on a JUCO transfer, Prewitt, or Louis(if he can stay healthy) to be the QB next year.

Sorry, I just feel it will take JJ a couple of more years to develop the arm strength needed to start...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui)" post="1093125" timestamp="1319488804"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=90282.msg1091984#msg1091984 date=1319390840]
Bottome line is Bevil is a head case and Johnson cannot pass the ball. Coach has to go find a qb this spring bc he does not have one. I hope we can beat SFA and Nichols to save face on a good season.
[/quote]
Sorry, but the BS that happened last Spring....DOTY, GONZALES, (the little guy from Hardin).....None getting an offer and u have 7 or 8 on the roster...2/3 can compete at QB, they should have pulled back the scholarships from the guys not being able to make an impact at other positions....

You red shirt Doty, Gonzales, OR the Hardin QB(whom ever)...ALL 3 are athletic enough to Play QB/WR and are play makers!!

Defensively... There are enough West Brook players???  WHO's MAKING ALL THE PLAYS?  Maybe there ISN'T enough West Brook players...Should they go to KELLY to find them???  Legacy???  OOPS...they came from the area High Schools, WB included!!

and I still say, as I have stated before...JJ as a WR can be NFL material!!!.....
I stated this after watching the Spring game, it seemed like his balls were floating...then everyone wanted to chop my comments up....I don't have to put together any numbers to compare to the QB's that are on scholarship at Lamar vs the Class of 2010 QB's from SETX high schools....I can do that in my head...NO COMPARISON...

As for the future...my money is on a JUCO transfer, Prewitt, or Louis(if he can stay healthy) to be the QB next year.

Sorry, I just feel it will take JJ a couple of more years to develop the arm strength needed to start...
[/quote]

From what i saw in PA, WB has 1 kid on defense LU could use...Kelly has 3------just saying......you seen legacy?  might have some good players there also,

PAM qb is college material for sure..but not at qb

5A vs 2a vs Tapps doesnt always mean sucess in college...best rb i've seen this year is Tapps--Barrow at Pius, with Barber being up there pretty hi also

what you want sarge, the whole def from WB?  I could care less if they come from Brarrow,Alaska ..5A, 4A Tapps, 6 man) if they can tackle....I'm glad we have local kids, dont get me wrong...but dont rely on just local

agree with you on the qb.., i think at least 10 of em at LU were high school qb

LOUIS?????  he's gone

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1093174" timestamp="1319490452"]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1093125#msg1093125 date=1319488804]
[/quote]

[/quote]

From what i saw in PA, WB has 1 kid on defense LU could use...Kelly has 3------just saying......you seen legacy?  might have some good players there also,

5A vs 2a vs Tapps doesnt always mean sucess in college...best rb i've seen this year is Tapps--Barrow at Pius, with Barber being up there pretty hi also

what you want sarge, the whole def from WB?  I could care less if they come from Brarrow,Alaska ..5A, 4A Tapps, 6 man) if they can tackle....I'm glad we have local kids, dont get me wrong...but dont rely on just local

LOUIS?????  he's gone
[/quote]
Didn't know Louis was gone...

IMO the difference from pvt-5A is huge!!...especially for QB... 5A, IMO, is closest to College Ball...then it becomes coaching/off-season programs...but that's just my opinion..I don't sit behind a computer, having never played this sport, etc... and rate football PLAYERS because of their physical presence...I measure football players by their on field performance first, then efforts in practice, then work ethic during off season, and FINALLY heart ALL YEAR ROUND!...

We forgot about some of these qualities....don't worry I'm going to bring them back. ;)

[quote name="LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui)" post="1093233" timestamp="1319492413"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=90282.msg1093174#msg1093174 date=1319490452]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1093125#msg1093125 date=1319488804]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOUIS?????  he's gone
[/quote]
Didn't know Louis was gone...

IMO the difference from pvt-5A is huge!!...especially for QB... 5A, IMO, is closest to College Ball...then it becomes coaching/off-season programs...but that's just my opinion..I don't sit behind a computer, having never played this sport, etc... and rate football PLAYERS because of their physical presence...I measure football players by their on field performance first, then efforts in practice, then work ethic during off season, and FINALLY heart ALL YEAR ROUND!...

We forgot about some of these qualities....don't worry I'm going to bring them back. ;)
[/quote]

of course there is a huge diff in 5A vs small private ..what i'm saying is dont immediately dump on a kid cuz he's not 5A

There are a few kids at local HS's that are possible recruits but PA Memorial QB has committed to Baylor.

The Tezeno kid at WO-S is a junior and Lamar should be recruiting him now.

I like the WR at Kelly but I heard he likes UNT.

Lamar has commitments from a kids at HJ and Silsbee. There are a couple of lineman at West Brook I like but their best player in a UT commit.

There are other kids a PA Memorial that are talented but Lamar has never has much success recruiting Port Arthur.

There is a WR from PN-G Lamar is recruiting and the RB is talented but I'm not sure he is a college RB. He may need to change positions at the next level.

I'm sure there a more locals but I haven't seen a lot of HS football this year.

[quote name="DJG24" post="1091548" timestamp="1319337021"]
I Gotta Agree Wit U It Was The Coaches That Caused Them The Game Tonite. Andre Bevil Did A Good Job Out There Tonite And He Hurt His Foot So Thats Why Jeremy Entered The Game, But Jeremy Did An Awesome Job Out There Tonite To Me. Yea He Had His Mistakes But Thats Part Of Being A Freshman QB. Lamar And Its Fans Should Expect Great Things From Him In The Future!!!
[/quote]

whY diD yoU starT everY worD witH aN uppeR casE letteR ???

[quote name="Campee" post="1094034" timestamp="1319569801"]
[quote author=DJG24 link=topic=90282.msg1091548#msg1091548 date=1319337021]
I Gotta Agree Wit U It Was The Coaches That Caused Them The Game Tonite. Andre Bevil Did A Good Job Out There Tonite And He Hurt His Foot So Thats Why Jeremy Entered The Game, But Jeremy Did An Awesome Job Out There Tonite To Me. Yea He Had His Mistakes But Thats Part Of Being A Freshman QB. Lamar And Its Fans Should Expect Great Things From Him In The Future!!!
[/quote]

whY diD yoU starT everY worD witH aN uppeR casE letteR ???
[/quote]

Very funny!!!!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1092784" timestamp="1319468925"]
One minute yall hollering for Johnson to start and dogg'n Bevil. Make your minds up
[/quote]
I don't think Puddin has EVER hollered for Johnson to start.  Not one single time.  And I know I haven't.  The best QB they have sits on the bench the whole game...well, except to hold for a field goal.

[quote name="LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui)" post="1093234" timestamp="1319492452"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=90282.msg1093215#msg1093215 date=1319491993]
and I'm not bashing West Brook...but the leading tacklers are from New Jersey and Lumberton
[/quote]
Good, I'm glad WB players are getting help  ;D
[/quote]
Man, you need to stay away from that West Brook Koolaid.  They aren't that good.  This year, they probably are only the 4th or 5th best team in the Golden Triangle, and they constantly get stomped once they go to Houston.

I would love to know which talented WB kids wanted to go to LU but LU didn't recruit?  I am talking kids that have the ability to play 1-AA football (I know it isn't 1 AA anymore but I can't ever remember who is FBS and who is FCS).  For some reason, I doubt that LU would not recruit WB or ANY other local school regardless of their level/size if they have someone worth recruiting.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1093320" timestamp="1319499035"]
There are a few kids at local HS's that are possible recruits but PA Memorial QB has committed to Baylor.

Lamar has commitments from a kids at HJ and Silsbee. There are a couple of lineman at West Brook I like but their best player in a UT commit.

There are other kids a PA Memorial that are talented but Lamar has never has much success recruiting Port Arthur.

There is a WR from PN-G Lamar is recruiting and the RB is talented but I'm not sure he is a college RB. He may need to change positions at the next level.

[/quote]

I've seen the PNG receiver on the Friday night experience games a couple of times.  If he plays like that all the time, he is a VERY talented receiver.  The two games I watched, he seemed to always be open and to never drop a pass.  I have no idea how fast or big he is as it is hard to tell on tv but if getting open and catching are any indication, he defintely will be playing at the next level.  I think there are definitely a few kids at PNG, Nederland, WB, and Memorial that would be great recruits.  I'm sure there are others at all of the local schools.  I haven't seen Vidor play, but judging by how well they are doing, the should have someone playing at the next level.  Also, I'm wondering about a couple of those kids at Bridge City.  Their QB and Dishon (any others?).  I'm not sure if their QB is college QB material but he seems to be heck of an athlete.

[quote name="LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui)" post="1093125" timestamp="1319488804"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh, one last thing...I am still shocked with the Doty deal.  What happened with that?  Was he offered scholarships and just turned them down or what?  No idea who Gonzalez is.  But, we have numerous QB's on the roster at LU.  So, that might be why LU didn't offer them anything.  I think we had 5 or 6 at one point.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1095975" timestamp="1319741420"]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1093234#msg1093234 date=1319492452]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=90282.msg1093215#msg1093215 date=1319491993]
and I'm not bashing West Brook...but the leading tacklers are from New Jersey and Lumberton
[/quote]
[/quote]
Man, you need to stay away from that West Brook Koolaid.  They aren't that good.  This year, they probably are only the 4th or 5th best team in the Golden Triangle, and they constantly get stomped once they go to Houston.

I would love to know which talented WB kids wanted to go to LU but LU didn't recruit?  I am talking kids that have the ability to play 1-AA football (I know it isn't 1 AA anymore but I can't ever remember who is FBS and who is FCS).  For some reason, I doubt that LU would not recruit WB or ANY other local school regardless of their level/size if they have someone worth recruiting.
[/quote]
LOL... U don't want to go there...West Brook Kool-Aid?  EVERY STARTER ON DEFENSE FROM THE CLASS OF 2011 earned an athetic scholarship MR Kool-aid man... ;)  the ones that wanted to be at Lamar and could have played there...two that I know of WANTED to go to Lamar.

Justin Jackson, 5' 9" 185lbs safety:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wbjNtBq8_o&feature=related

Bruce Reyes Jr 5' 11" 195 QB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXKbtAcb0M

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1095985" timestamp="1319742416"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh, one last thing...I am still shocked with the Doty deal.  What happened with that?  Was he offered scholarships and just turned them down or what?  No idea who Gonzalez is.  But, we have numerous QB's on the roster at LU.  So, that might be why LU didn't offer them anything.  I think we had 5 or 6 at one point.
[/quote]
Yes there was several QB's on the roster...one of the scholarships went to a 6-5 QB from Nederalnd that wasn't even 2nd TEam all district... :-\

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1095983" timestamp="1319742286"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90282.msg1093320#msg1093320 date=1319499035]

[/quote]

I've seen the PNG receiver on the Friday night experience games a couple of times.  If he plays like that all the time, he is a VERY talented receiver.  The two games I watched, he seemed to always be open and to never drop a pass.  I have no idea how fast or big he is as it is hard to tell on tv but if getting open and catching are any indication, he defintely will be playing at the next level.  I think there are definitely a few kids at PNG, Nederland, WB, and Memorial that would be great recruits.  I'm sure there are others at all of the local schools.  I haven't seen Vidor play, but judging by how well they are doing, the should have someone playing at the next level.  Also, I'm wondering about a couple of those kids at Bridge City.  Their QB and Dishon (any others?).  I'm not sure if their QB is college QB material but he seems to be heck of an athlete.
[/quote]

Menard (QB for BC) and Dishon have already committed to play baseball at the DI level.

[quote name="LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui)" post="1096004" timestamp="1319744223"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=90282.msg1095975#msg1095975 date=1319741420]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1093234#msg1093234 date=1319492452]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL... U don't want to go there...West Brook Kool-Aid?  EVERY STARTER ON DEFENSE FROM THE CLASS OF 2011 earned an athetic scholarship MR Kool-aid man... ;)  the ones that wanted to be at Lamar and could have played there...two that I know of WANTED to go to Lamar.

[/quote]

WB lover-

Reyes signed with an NAIA school so I don't understand why you think Lamar sholuld have given him a scholarship.  I am pretty certain, from other posts, that he is your son so I am not trying to dirsrespect him or you.  He is a very good athlete and was a very good 5A quarterback.  I would have loved for him to have walked on like Prewitt did and see if he could prove the naysayers wrong but he was smart and went with the money.  Also, I thought Lamar did recruit him but as a safety or defensive back?

That is nice that every defensive player earned a scholarship.  But, to where?  There are thousands of football scholarships available.  Just because they got scholarships doesn't mean LU should have recruited them.

Where did Justin Jackson end up signing?  If it was a 1-AA school or higher, then I am with you.  LU should have been all over him.  If it was JUCO or Division II or III or NAIA then they probably shouldn't have signed him.

Do you even know who LU has on its roster?

Oh, off the subject, why do you have naked dudes as your profile picture? 

No offense taken...junior proved he was a player...if he was 6' 1"/6' 2", we aren't having this discussion ...and he'd be playing at UH...The fact that I was told he was NOT going to be offered because he was under 6' is the matter here...can he play at this level? Absolutetly .. Yes he plays NAIA...are u familiar with that?

As for the pic, me and my two sons

Yes I am aware who is on lamars roster...but also know these guys I talked about could have been red shirted and bulked up .. And competed as red shirt frosh

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1097165" timestamp="1319821873"]
[quote author=LE SARGE REY (Oui-Oui) link=topic=90282.msg1096004#msg1096004 date=1319744223]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=90282.msg1095975#msg1095975 date=1319741420]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

WB lover-

Reyes signed with an NAIA school so I don't understand why you think Lamar sholuld have given him a scholarship.  I am pretty certain, from other posts, that he is your son so I am not trying to dirsrespect him or you.  He is a very good athlete and was a very good 5A quarterback.  I would have loved for him to have walked on like Prewitt did and see if he could prove the naysayers wrong but he was smart and went with the money.  Also, I thought Lamar did recruit him but as a safety or defensive back?

That is nice that every defensive player earned a scholarship.  But, to where?  There are thousands of football scholarships available.  Just because they got scholarships doesn't mean LU should have recruited them.

Where did Justin Jackson end up signing?  If it was a 1-AA school or higher, then I am with you.  LU should have been all over him.  [b]If it was JUCO or Division II or III or NAIA then they probably shouldn't have signed him.[/b]

Do you even know who LU has on its roster?

Oh, off the subject, why do you have naked dudes as your profile picture?
[/quote]Just reading back..that was a dumb statement...lol..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124