TABC Preseason rankings, all classifications

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1085849" timestamp="1318859808"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=89953.msg1085687#msg1085687 date=1318820213]
Nederland is exactly where we want to be-under the radar...  8)
[/quote]I concur  ;D
[/quote]    No N.S. In Top 25 Blue.U Told Me They Where A Power House. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1086111" timestamp="1318875839"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=89953.msg1085849#msg1085849 date=1318859808]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=89953.msg1085687#msg1085687 date=1318820213]
Nederland is exactly where we want to be-under the radar...  8)
[/quote]I concur  ;D
[/quote]    No N.S. In Top 25 Blue.U Told Me They Where A Power House. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]CAT, in Houston they will be a force to contend with this season. They will make playoffs but not sure how deep they will go.

Evadale's #17 ranking is a good place to start. The Rebels will return three starters from last years State Runner Up team in shooting guard, Devon Murphy; small forward, Shawn Totten and point guard, Brandon Bruce.

The Rebels lost the big senior class in numbers and height, but a couple of other players from last years team can be looked on to fill those wholes. Post, Kyle Taylor got plenty of playing time last season and playoff experience as well. Bradien Burford also was brought up from the JV by coach Laurence Williams so there are five players (four of those are seniors) who bring plenty of experience and knowledge of the system into this season.

There are some talented players that will make the move up from the JV squad too! 

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1086171" timestamp="1318880464"]
Evadale's #17 ranking is a good place to start. The Rebels will return three starters from last years State Runner Up team in shooting guard, Devon Murphy; small forward, Shawn Totten and point guard, Brandon Bruce.

The Rebels lost the big senior class in numbers and height, but a couple of other players from last years team can be looked on to fill those wholes. Post, Kyle Taylor got plenty of playing time last season and playoff experience as well. Bradien Burford also was brought up from the JV by coach Laurence Williams so there are five players (four of those are seniors) who bring plenty of experience and knowledge of the system into this season.

There are some talented players that will make the move up from the JV squad too!
[/quote]I do like yall gym ;D

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1086171" timestamp="1318880464"]

[/quote] Will The Rebels Win There Dist. ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1086791" timestamp="1318945023"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=89953.msg1086171#msg1086171 date=1318880464]

[/quote]

Have to say I like our chances to win district and make another run in the playoffs.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1086791" timestamp="1318945023"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=89953.msg1086171#msg1086171 date=1318880464]

[/quote] I think it will be a 3 team race this yr between Hull, BS, and the Rebs. The Rebs will be trying to replace 3 all dist big guys and learing to play a different style of ball. I look of them to strugel in predist. just like in football, but by the time dist. rolls around they should be playing good ball. The key to this yr, as in all yrs, is to limit the turnovers, and get their shooting guard open looks. They are going to be smaller than they have been in 3 yrs, so they will have to relia on speed and good shooting.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1086887" timestamp="1318954081"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=89953.msg1086791#msg1086791 date=1318945023]

[/quote] I think it will be a 3 team race this yr between Hull, BS, and the Rebs. The Rebs will be trying to replace 3 all dist big guys and learing to play a different style of ball. I look of them to strugel in predist. just like in football, but by the time dist. rolls around they should be playing good ball. The key to this yr, as in all yrs, is to limit the turnovers, and get their shooting guard open looks. They are going to be smaller than they have been in 3 yrs, so they will have to relia on speed and good shooting.
[/quote]And don't forget that weak district you're in  ;D :o

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1086894" timestamp="1318954681"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=89953.msg1086887#msg1086887 date=1318954081]

[/quote] ;D ;D Seems to me that ,that WEAK District had the ONLY local team playing in Austin last yr when the local power house ball clubs were playing BASEBALL ;D ;D

I'm sure everyone knows by now that all districts are weak unless it's a district which Dove's teams are a part of (Nash-Sorry for ending  my sentence with a preposition ;) ). 20-4A was weak last yr b/c HF was not in it. Now that he has a personal interest in the district, 20-4A is now elite (especially if Nederland doesn't win their 3rd district title in a row).  :o

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1086894" timestamp="1318954681"]

[/quote]

Superb use of the English language and I have a feeling that the Bulldogs will capture the title again.  I tend not to get too concerned about what somebody else feels about the district we are in or who we played.  We are regularly criticized for our weak schedule but that weak schedule has not stopped us from getting to the regionals each of the last 5 years( and that includes two trips to Austin).  Based upon that result, I am getting more and more convinced ( ;D) that the coaching staff may actually know and be better qualified to handle the details than posters on this board.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1086949" timestamp="1318959126"]
I'm sure everyone knows by now that all districts are weak unless it's a district which Dove's teams are a part of (Nash-Sorry for ending  my sentence with a preposition ;) ). 20-4A was weak last yr b/c HF was not in it. Now that he has a personal interest in the district, 20-4A is now elite (especially if Nederland doesn't win their 3rd district title in a row).  :o

[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=89953.msg1086894#msg1086894 date=1318954681]

[/quote]
[/quote]Oh yeah, I was dogging out the district last year with Nederland and Ozen ;)

[quote name="stevenash" post="1086960" timestamp="1318959845"]
Superb use of the English language and I have a feeling that the Bulldogs will capture the title again.  I tend not to get too concerned about what somebody else feels about the district we are in or who we played.  We are regularly criticized for our weak schedule but that weak schedule has not stopped us from getting to the regionals each of the last 5 years.  Based upon that result, I am getting more and more convinced ( ;D) that the coaching staff may actually know and be better qualified to handle the details than posters on this board.
[/quote]Must be weak regionals ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01