PAM second best defense in the AREA

Cougtalk

Here's what puts them ahead of our defense....

[b]Brenham Defense[/b]
Huntsville- 2 quarters.
Lamar Consolidated- Full game.
Lamar- Full game.
Magnolia West- 3 quarters.
Waller- 3 quarters.
Spring Woods- 1 quarter.

In other words, they have only played 2 full games out of 6.  That's 17 out of 24 quarters they have played.

With that being said, here's the Green Machine's stats...

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game- 132.5
Passing Yards Allowed Per Game- 73.0
Total Yards Allowed Per Game- 204.5
Points Allowed Per Game- 10.3

Well Cub fan I have you know that PAM hasn't played a whole game but last week vs North Shore. That game was played without the starting LB. So I think that all good Defense can use that same excuse. The avg score of PAM has been 43-10 needless to say it's been no need to play a whole game. I know one Defense in the area that's pretty damn good and that's Nederland they are the must underrated D I know. ( If we judging on full games played) Also the BHill defense is pretty impressive what would there numbers be if you take the Dayton game out.

[quote name="sfa87" post="1082065" timestamp="1318597829"]
lamar is the only legit team youve played bro get yall a couple hundred students and move to 5a then start talking
[/quote]

We mainly play schools with 4A enrollments. (like we have)  Heck, we would need more than a couple hundred students, cuz we only have 1,436.  We would need like 600 more kids.  No need to move to 5A, we handle 5A schools just the way we are.  BTW, Montgomery and Magnolia West are about the same skill level as Lamar.  Look at PAM's schedule....  2,460 students and playing 3 4A teams that likely won't make the playoffs.  I will say that y'all have some talent this year though.  I hope to catch a PAM playoff game.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1081749" timestamp="1318544134"]
Here's what puts them ahead of our defense....

[b]Brenham Defense[/b]
Huntsville- 2 quarters.
Lamar Consolidated- Full game.
Lamar- Full game.
Magnolia West- 3 quarters.
Waller- 3 quarters.
Spring Woods- 1 quarter.

In other words, they have only played 2 full games out of 6.  That's 17 out of 24 quarters they have played.

With that being said, here's the Green Machine's stats...

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game- 132.5
Passing Yards Allowed Per Game- 73.0
Total Yards Allowed Per Game- 204.5
Points Allowed Per Game- 10.3
[/quote]
Ah, should've known...next time I'll read down before replying.  Stats, Schmats...these guys can flat out bring it.  At least 7 of their starters will play on the next level.

Come on Cub fan we haven't played any 3A schools yet. Geesh

We mainly play schools with 4A enrollments. (like we have)  Heck, we would need more than a couple hundred students, cuz we only have 1,436.  We would need like 600 more kids.  No need to move to 5A, we handle 5A schools just the way we are.  BTW, Montgomery and Magnolia West are about the same skill level as Lamar.  Look at PAM's schedule....  2,460 students and playing 3 4A teams that likely won't make the playoffs.  I will say that y'all have some talent this year though.  I hope to catch a PAM playoff game.
[/quote]

[quote name="mypooh" post="1082341" timestamp="1318620212"]
Come on Cub fan we haven't played any 3A schools yet. Geesh

[/quote]
[/quote]

Who said anything about y'all playing 3A schools?  I said, y'all played 3 [b]4A[/b] schools that likely won't make the playoffs.

[quote name="rollinac" post="1082314" timestamp="1318617833"]
Any top 5 list of defenses that doesn't contain Brenham is null and void.
[/quote]

I'm trying not to sound like a homer, but when you don't even include us in the top 5 in the Houston area.  Rollinac, you've seen our defense play.  I would say were in the top 2 or 3 in the state, reguardless of the classification.  Our defense is legit!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1082352" timestamp="1318620710"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=89765.msg1082314#msg1082314 date=1318617833]
[/quote]

I'm trying not to sound like a homer, but when you don't even include us in the top 5 in the Houston area.  Rollinac, you've seen our defense play.  I would say were in the top 2 or 3 in the state, reguardless of the classification.  Our defense is legit!
[/quote]

Your D is legit but don't blame us that your numbers didn't impress the chronicle.LOL We all know that the Cubs are loaded this year but the are pretty good every year. We know about your D 1 prospects and the team being ranked #3 but just because you where not in the Top 5 doesn't mean that your D sucks. I think had they did a top 10 the Cubs would of been number 6. LOL just playing this will all work it's way out in Nov/Dec I can't wait to see the 4A playoff bracket and I'm from PAM. On Friday I will be at those 4A playoff games.

[quote name="mypooh" post="1082359" timestamp="1318621102"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89765.msg1082352#msg1082352 date=1318620710]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=89765.msg1082314#msg1082314 date=1318617833]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your D is legit but don't blame us that your numbers didn't impress the chronicle.LOL We all know that the Cubs are loaded this year but the are pretty good every year. We know about your D 1 prospects and the team being ranked #3 but just because you where not in the Top 5 doesn't mean that your D sucks. I think had they did a top 10 the Cubs would of been number 6. LOL just playing this will all work it's way out in Nov/Dec I can't wait to see the 4A playoff bracket and I'm from PAM. On Friday I will be at those 4A playoff games.
[/quote]

See you there...  If the games arnt at the same time, we'll have to check each others team out...  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1082364" timestamp="1318621279"]
I still think that Cub secondary is suspect at times. I have to usually say something in their game thread to get them going every Friday. Lol
[/quote]

I still think you are wrong about the secondary.  They only give up 73ypg...  That being said, Montgomery has the receiving corps to test us tonight.  So your not late scooter, game starts @ 7:30.  We'll probably need a boost in the 1st quarter. (we always start slow)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn