Orangefield vs. Hardin-Jefferson Match Thread/Orangefield wins!

WOSgrad

Orangefield won tonight, a very emtional game!!! These kids have had to go through one of the hardest things so far in their life, losing 3 of their classmates. If they want to wear headbands to honor their fallen classmates THAT IS NOT drama!!! If their parent do not want to see them hurt anymore by this tragedy THAT IS NOT drama!!!
This group of girls work very hard everyday. They have pulled together and are not complaining about anything volleyball!!!! Let them wear their headbands and play volleyball!!!

I've heard about the headband drama, but it shoudn't effect their game in anyway.  There is so much bickering about the little things in Orangefield, I've never been more happy than when my sister graduated, no more petty bull to deal with.
Coaches need to coach, parents need to parent, and I need to coach from the stands.  ;D

If it was up to me, I'd let them wear them.  It's not against any dress code is it?

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="1080897" timestamp="1318455881"]
I've heard about the headband drama, but it shoudn't effect their game in anyway.  There is so much bickering about the little things in Orangefield, I've never been more happy than when my sister graduated, no more petty bull to deal with.
Coaches need to coach, parents need to parent, and I need to coach from the stands.  ;D

If it was up to me, I'd let them wear them.  It's not against any dress code is it?
[/quote]

I agree Bobcat. I erased my post because I thought my comment was a little harsh but I meant every word of it.  That is why Polo 10 posted. 

[quote name="mactiger" post="1080919" timestamp="1318457734"]
I believe the match went all 5 games.  What's up with the headbands?
[/quote]

From my understanding...A parent made headbands for the girls in memory of the three young men who were killed.  That's a fact. 

Here's where I'm not 100% on... They wore them in the Silsbee game and were told afterward that they would not be allowed to wear them anymore.  It wasn't the volleyball coach who decided they couldn't wear them. 

So now the players, parents, and fans are mad about them not being able to wear them.  That is also a fact.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1080671" timestamp="1318438602"]
could be a rematch in this game due to an issue with the score cap at 30 that isnt supposed to be enforced in district play.
[/quote]

When will "they" decide?
I was at the game......It seemed like both sides were surprised that the game ended. 
This was a great match: OF takes game 1, Game 2 goes to 29-30 (with goofy surprise ending)OF wins, Game 3, OF gets up 20 - 12, HJ comes back and wins, Game 4 HJ wins, Game 5....literally each point traded back and forth and OF wins 16- 14 (I think). 
I think it should be replayed.  PLEASE don't give me "We're gonna see if it affects the final standings, then decide". 
That would be dumb.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="1081731" timestamp="1318541698"]
I'm sure Orangefield would like to replay it, going 5 games against the last place team.... They need to redeem themselves.
[/quote]
I'm with you......settle it on the court. If game 2 was not supposed to be called at 30 (I don't know if that is correct or not) then the outcome could have been different.
Oh you may want to ask the lady cats if they deem the "last place Hawks" a worthy opponent.  Their opinion is probably a little different than yours.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476