20-4A District Stats and Standings Thru Week 10...

Guest Pirate_pride_07

[quote name="baddog" post="1094017" timestamp="1319568536"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=89636.msg1093975#msg1093975 date=1319566717]
mytwocents, it will be a battle to the end, no doubt about that. Neither team is going to give an inch. All joking aside...Vidor has an outstanding team this year, and you guys have made this district a lot more interesting. Cant wait till Friday!

[b]P.S. Dont it suck to lose to Nederland? [/b] :D
[/quote]

It shouldn't. What sucks is losing to a bad team.
[/quote]

trying to find some common ground with an upcoming opponent....ah shucks...now Ive teed off the neighbors. Nederland is awesome this year...There is no SHAME in losing to Nederland....but it sucks just the same.   

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="NDNation" post="1094021" timestamp="1319568949"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89636.msg1094017#msg1094017 date=1319568536]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=89636.msg1093975#msg1093975 date=1319566717]
mytwocents, it will be a battle to the end, no doubt about that. Neither team is going to give an inch. All joking aside...Vidor has an outstanding team this year, and you guys have made this district a lot more interesting. Cant wait till Friday!

[b]P.S. Dont it suck to lose to Nederland? [/b] :D
[/quote]

It shouldn't. What sucks is losing to a bad team.
[/quote]

trying to find some common ground with an upcoming opponent....ah shucks...now Ive teed off the neighbors. Nederland is awesome this year...There is no SHAME in losing to Nederland....but it sucks just the same. 
[/quote]
LMAO

You know baddog is right in a way but in another way he isn't right. A lose sucks weather its to a good team or a bad team or  a terrible team. Its a lose and no matter what way it happened it still sucks. Especially if its to a rival.

I am not teed off. Just making an observation. All losses suck, but when you look back at them and can say you lost to a bad team, it is much worse. Our record and stats show we are not bad at all.

Like when you lose out in the playoffs, you hope the team that beat you wins state.

[quote name="baddog" post="1094045" timestamp="1319570455"]
I am not teed off. Just making an observation. All losses suck, but when you look back at them and can say you lost to a bad team, it is much worse. Our record and stats show we are not bad at all.

Like when you lose out in the playoffs, you hope the team that beat you wins state.
[/quote]
Unless they win cheaply because the officials didn't see the pylon laying over out of bounds indicating your guy was in the endzone! (circa 2000). But yes, lol you're generally right.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1094114" timestamp="1319573928"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89636.msg1094045#msg1094045 date=1319570455]

[/quote]
Unless they win cheaply because the officials didn't see the pylon laying over out of bounds indicating your guy was in the endzone! (circa 2000). But yes, lol you're generally right.
[/quote]

That would be Joe Ramoin vs. Bay City?

To proove nothing other than the fact that the PNG defense has been pretty salty since the Bull and Livingston compared to Vidor.
Again against the same four district opponents (Ned, LCM, Lum, Ozen)
yds/carry against
PNG  5.4
Vid  5.3

Before the tirade about the backups ensues, PNG played backups against LCM, Lum, and Ozen alot. Vidor against LCM (without Sezar) and Lum (so says Vidor fan, Final score 30-26).

I think Dog fans will agree the PNG D were no push overs. Take out the last 2 minutes of the game (80 yard buldog TD run and long drive by PNG to score) and both teams played stellar defense.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1095770" timestamp="1319727965"]
To proove nothing other than the fact that the PNG defense has been pretty salty since the Bull and Livingston compared to Vidor.
Again against the same four district opponents (Ned, LCM, Lum, Ozen)
yds/carry against
PNG  5.4
Vid  5.3

Before the tirade about the backups ensues, PNG played backups against LCM, Lum, and Ozen alot. Vidor against LCM (without Sezar) and Lum (so says Vidor fan, Final score 30-26).

I think Dog fans will agree the PNG D were no push overs. Take out the last 2 minutes of the game (80 yard buldog TD run and long drive by PNG to score) and both teams played stellar defense.
[/quote]
Okay. You may be right. You did play great defense in that game but look at all your other games. I mean the stats don't lie man. You have the second WORSE run defense in the district. You don't get that from playing great defense. And i know you say that we haven't played the best but there is one team yall have played that we haven't. Livingston. If Livingston is good enough to make a defense that is "so good" be next to last in the stats then why are they not the best team around? Livingston isn't the reason your defense is so bad on paper.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="outanup" post="1100251" timestamp="1320023800"]
NED          15.8          236.3          146.5            73.2
Shouldnt  Neds  avg. yds per game be  219.7 ???  just sayin...... ;D ;D
[/quote]
No. Your looking at it the wrong way. Just because they average that many yards in rushing and passing doesn't mean that's all the yards that a team earned against them in the game. Here are the games has had so far with the total yards the other team gained
Ned - vidor - 203
ned - png - 285
ned - cen - 93
ned - lum - 84
ned - liv - 266
and ned - ozen - 487

now total those up and divide by 6 district games and you get there average of total yards per game.

for purposes of defensive stats it's rushing and passing only, not kick returns, fumbles would come off of the yds gained on the play either rushing or recieving, if your adding these to defensive stats you do not have the correct numbers. defensive stats come directly from snapping the ball against the defense, a fake punt would count against the defense as positive or negative yds. All these other things do not count against your defensive stats.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="football04" post="1100385" timestamp="1320033637"]
for purposes of defensive stats it's rushing and passing only, not kick returns, fumbles would come off of the yds gained on the play either rushing or recieving, if your adding these to defensive stats you do not have the correct numbers. defensive stats come directly from snapping the ball against the defense, a fake punt would count against the defense as positive or negative yds. All these other things do not count against your defensive stats.
[/quote]
Hey man i'm just doing what i can. I don't go to every game or look at the complete break down of the games. I go off of what the Coaches report as there yardage. That's it.

twocents, I have no problem with your stats, just noticed they didn't add up and was curious, it''s hard to get actual numbers because most of the time the papers are diiferent from one to another, I've done the stats before, I know how time consuming it is, my hats off to you for doing what you have done to this point and good luck to your pirates in the playoffs. Didn't mean to offend, my bad.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="football04" post="1100393" timestamp="1320034580"]
twocents, I have no problem with your stats, just noticed they didn't add up and was curious, it''s hard to get actual numbers because most of the time the papers are diiferent from one to another, I've done the stats before, I know how time consuming it is, my hats off to you for doing what you have done to this point and good luck to your pirates in the playoffs. Didn't mean to offend, my bad.
[/quote]
Its all good. You didn't offend me. I know there are holes in my stats but its close to impossible to keep accurate stats of all games in 20-4A. And thanks its not that bad lol. I actually like it sometimes. Gives me an edge on the trash talking  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83