I hate to break everyone's hearts...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Doggy Fresh" post="1078013" timestamp="1318169129"]
That should make for a great match up for the Black and Gold of Nederland and the Gold and Black of Vidor... since a large majority of Nederland's Offense will be back and dang near all of it's Defense. Horrifying isn't it? ;D
[/quote]

Yes, I was about to type the same thing!

Going to be another great battle between the Black & Golds of SETEX.  8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="bulldawg64" post="1078194" timestamp="1318183474"]
any word on bollinger when can he return
for rb for vidor? this would help them even
more.
[/quote]
He don't really know. Depends on when his foot heals and when he feels comfortable running on it. Maybe LCM but probably Central.

Bolinger is a good back for sure, but Stephenson filled in nicely last night... When you have Brentyn Clark running the way he did against Ozen, and great QB play from Quirante, it helps cover up for the loss of a guy like Bolinger...

Vidor is going to be a good football team that makes some noise in November, and they will be even better next year...

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="1078005" timestamp="1318167527"]
Sounds as though you are already saying "Wait till next year!"  You do know Vidor is still alive this year, don't you?
[/quote]
I'm not saying "wait until next year" at all, extremely proud of the playoff bound Pirates this year. I'm saying that this team is mostly juniors and sophomores, 5 - 1 overall, and 2 -1 in district. Nine starters on the #1 defense in this district are underclassmen. Now that's scary. And, my fine, non-rivalry Nederville friends, the "Black and Gold" Bowl will be at Ivan Croak Field next year and should be another nail biter down to the wire. Just saying.....

[quote name="bigdog" post="1078460" timestamp="1318202938"]
You still have 4 games left against some of the top teams in the district.  Don't count on the playoffs just yet.  That applies to all teams with the probable exception of Lumberton.
[/quote]

^What he said.^  We have the meat of schedule coming up.  We will see what kind of "shape " we are in then.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1078460" timestamp="1318202938"]
You still have 4 games left against some of the top teams in the district.  Don't count on the playoffs just yet.  That applies to all teams with the probable exception of Lumberton.
[/quote]
[b]Yes, I said playoffs[/b]. I'm not one who lives on superstition and myth. If you want to be a winner, you have to act, feel and say you are a winner!!!! You want the big "L" stuck on your forehead, you act like it. [color=red][b]YOU GETTING THIS PIRATES!!!![/b][/color]

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="robanadana" post="1078557" timestamp="1318209691"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=89536.msg1078460#msg1078460 date=1318202938]
[/quote]
[b]Yes, I said playoffs[/b]. I'm not one who lives on superstition and myth. If you want to be a winner, you have to act, feel and say you are a winner!!!! You want the big "L" stuck on your forehead, you act like it. [color=red][b]YOU GETTING THIS PIRATES!!!![/b][/color]
[/quote]
I agree  8)

Guest blackflag
[quote name="robanadana" post="1078551" timestamp="1318209445"]
Please (yawn).....Im tired of playing three games in Nederland and then one in Vidor. If they re-align, it still needs to be at [size=8pt][b]ivan croak[/b][/size].
[/quote]

Please don't call the Boneyard that .    :-[

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="blackflag" post="1078687" timestamp="1318216845"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89536.msg1078551#msg1078551 date=1318209445]
Please (yawn).....Im tired of playing three games in Nederland and then one in Vidor. If they re-align, it still needs to be at [b]Ivan Croak[/b].
[/quote]

Please don't call the boneyard that .    :-[
[/quote]
LMAO  :D

[quote name="blackflag" post="1078687" timestamp="1318216845"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89536.msg1078551#msg1078551 date=1318209445]
Please (yawn).....Im tired of playing three games in Nederland and then one in Vidor. If they re-align, it still needs to be at [size=8pt][b]ivan croak[/b][/size].
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, the misinformed don't know it as the Boneyard. Just wanted to emphasize that the UIL needs to play some of the games in Vidor.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1078709" timestamp="1318220302"]
[quote author=blackflag link=topic=89536.msg1078687#msg1078687 date=1318216845]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, the misinformed don't know it as the Boneyard. Just wanted to emphasize that the UIL needs to play some of the games in Vidor.
[/quote]

No Rob,  This might be a shocker but I agree with you.  It is Ivan Croak field.  So somebody tell me why we shouldnt call it that?  Named after a great man in this community a couple of years ago.  Yes, after the re-alignment we should get the game at [b]Ivan Croak Stadium[/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder