dline-F
d secondary-FFFFFFFFFF
linebackers-C
special teams-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
punt returners-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
punter-A
McVey-A
JJ-A

Cardinal fans-[b]FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/b]..why buy a ticket if you plan to leave at half?

Band- D-same songs as last week..lose the dude flagboys

Just a little over the top puddin.  I would say that our offensive scheme was not as well thought out as NWST.  They ran a myriad of plays designed to get 5-15 yards a pop.  They wore down our defense in the 2nd qtr.  We came out strong in the 3rd but we are not a good red zone offensive team,  Bevil for sure is not up to the task when we are playing stonger oppostion, although he was not horrible.  The last intercepion was not really his fault.  He still wants to throw the home run ball too much.  We don't use our TE's enough or run enough possesion routes.  Defense is spotty, and we are soft in the secondary.  My gut continues to nag at me that our biggest problem is game preparation, personnel management and decision making during a game.

well, I'm piss-ed

we can make any qb look like a heisman qb and any rb look like earl campbell

notes to Ray
----get chavis off the field and figure out how to get hanna and mcvey on at the same time
----was like watching a grey giovanne bball game with all the subbing on def...just stupid
----bevil ...is bevil..enuf said
----the offense scheme?  what offensive scheme
---cant figure out the defensive plan....except to see how many times they can run in an out?...bet Beard logged close to a mile running in and out
----our 'big guys' are just plain fat and slow
[b]thank God for JJ[/b] or this would have been a total disaster

oh yeah---our twirlers...F..catch the dam-n thing

AND OUR CROWD SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1077874" timestamp="1318134810"]
Just a little over the top puddin.  I would say that our offensive scheme was not as well thought out as NWST.  They ran a myriad of plays designed to get 5-15 yards a pop.  They wore down our defense in the 2nd qtr.  We came out strong in the 3rd but we are not a good red zone offensive team,  Bevil for sure is not up to the task when we are playing stonger oppostion, although he was not horrible.  The last intercepion was not really his fault.  He still wants to throw the home run ball too much.  We don't use our TE's enough or run enough possesion routes.  Defense is spotty, and we are soft in the secondary.  My gut continues to nag at me that our biggest problem is game preparation, personnel management and decision making during a game.
[/quote]

over the top?  if anything, i was too generous

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1077879" timestamp="1318135157"]
well, I'm piss-ed

we can make any qb look like a heisman qb and any rb look like earl campbell

notes to Ray
----get chavis off the field and figure out how to get hanna and mcvey on at the same time
----was like watching a grey giovanne bball game with all the subbing on def...just stupid
----bevil ...is bevil..enuf said
----the offense scheme?  what offensive scheme
---cant figure out the defensive plan....except to see how many times they can run in an out?...bet Beard logged close to a mile running in and out
----our 'big guys' are just plain fat and slow
[b]thank God for JJ[/b] or this would have been a total disaster

oh yeah---our twirlers...F..catch the dam-n thing

AND OUR CROWD SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
[/quote]

Look at the bright side, at least the band quit doing that stupid little love song deal where the large chick and the 'questionable' dude did a little romantic dance at the 50 yd line. 

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1077862" timestamp="1318133658"]
Coaching -F
Off Coord-F
Def Coord (Woodard?)-whats lower than F?..i'll give him a Z
QB-FFFFFFFFFFFF
o line-F
dline-F
d secondary-FFFFFFFFFF
linebackers-C
special teams-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
punt returners-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
punter-A
McVey-A
JJ-A

Cardinal fans-[b]FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/b]..why buy a ticket if you plan to leave at half?

Band- D-same songs as last week..lose the dude flagboys
[/quote]

I will mimic your post with my own grades:
Coaching - F
Offensive Coordinator - F (Last week I thought that maybe Whitten finally figured out that it is legal to use play action and it is legal to throw to the tight end in college football.  Apparenlty I was wrong)
Defensive Coordinator - F, like Puddin...what the hell were they doing?!!!  Ok, I know what they were trying to do - put Beard in on running downs and take him out on passing downs but that was just plain stupid to do that one EVERY single potential passing down.  Good lord, friggin Beard is going to drop dead from having to run 80 wind sprints during the game and still having to play linebacker.
QB - FFFFFFFFF - Welcome back Andre.  I knew you would return when the competition got better.  How many wide open receivers did he miss?  Even on some wide open completions his passes were woefully innacurate.  He did do a fair job of scrambling.  But, absolutely killed us with the same issue he had last year:  very poor decision making, way too inconsistent/innacurate, and too many turnovers.
O-line - D-  Campbell is a freak athlete...but dang, does he know what gluttony is?  Get out of the buffet line and into the weight room and you will be a multi millionaire in a couple of years young man!!!  I didn't fail them because we did somehow put up over 400 yds. Of course, I think 200+ of those came in the fourth quarter when the game was over.
D - line - Many of them have the opposite problem of the o line.  The other Chavis and Malbrough need to find the buffet line AND get in the weight room.  Murrill could use another 20lbs as well but he plays his tail off.  33 plays hard too but, damn, if he's 220 lbs I'd be shocked.  That aint gonna cut it for a defensive lineman.
Linebackers - I thought they played ok, but we did give up some big plays to running backs.  If those were the linebackers fault they get an F.  If they weren't, then they get a B-.  I swear every running play that Beard was in he either made the tackle or was in on it.
Secondary - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, what secondary??!!!  How awful.
Special Teams, can you fail them with the way the punter kicked?  Well, in spite of his great punts the answer is yes.  FFFFFFFF.  I wonder if our guys actually know they are supposed to catch a punt?  Normally our field goal kicker is a bright spot but he missed one last night so no help from him.
McVey - that kid has a chance to be awfully good.  Perhaps you should throw him the ball??!
Hanna - he really looks like he could be a very good player.  Get him the damn ball too!!!!!!!!!!!
JJ Hayes - A++++, just damn awesome.  And did you see him lay it on the line on the onside kick?!!!  That young man is a competitor.  We need more kids like that.  He's not just good he puts out the effort to go with it.
Chavis - what in the world has happened to him.  I'm glad to see a young man transfer back here from a school like ATM but damn.  He does not have near the skills necessary to play tight end.  Maybe we could/should try him at O-line or D-line?  But when you have McVey and Hanna...please DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PUTTING IN CHAVIS!!!!
Harmon - looked like he got a little 'Prewitt-like" carrot last night.  Put him in with the game over and have him block on a couple of plays.

Fans...well this is a tought one.  On the one hand, it looked like we had quite a bit of tailgating and good ticket sales again.  But, being a fan is about more than that so....I give them a BIG FAT F as well!!!

I am at the 50 yd line in the red section.  The fans in my section are absolutely AWFUL.  For starters, only about 20% of them (and with 20% I am being generous) show up and the ones that do don't even cheer.  That is why I am proposing a name for our field...and it is a dandy!

You have stadium names like War Memorial, and Death Valley, and The Swamp!  Well, we can one up them...welcome to "THE LIBRARY"!  Ok, it doesn't tie in with our mascot but we are a college and you do have to be quiet in a library.  My runner up name is "THE BIRD SANCTUARY".  You know, you have to be really quiet so you won't scare off the birds.

Oh, the other pathetic thing about our fans...they don't sit in their own damn seat.  You see, although my section only had about 20% of the season ticket holders present, the seats were about 60+70% full.  On the bright side, I did get to enjoy a little college boy and girl make out the whole time...only watching the game when they needed a break to breath.

ok..i've calmed down..and will attempt to revise my report card

coaching-F
Off Coord-F
Def coord (woodard?)-Z
QB-D
Oline-D
D-Line-F
Linebackers- C- (unless -in that whack def scheme, those underneath routes were theirs)
special teams (coverage)-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
punt returners-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
punter-A
JJ Hayes -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--the NW db was a heck of a db, and JJ still came out on top

Cardinal "fans"----dont get or deserve a grade--[b]I[/b] for incomplete 

we are just not a very good SLC team right now...smite me all day long..i tell it like it is

so--we sucked, got manhandled..but it beats the hell outta not having a team! 

[quote name="geezer" post="1077938" timestamp="1318159124"]
I suspect SEL will be our last win this season, with Nicholls and SFA potentially being competive.  Need more size at defensive back and running back and more speed on the line.  Potential Good News is basketball is around the corner.
[/quote]

[b]we finally have football and you are wishing for basketball[/b]?

I think we--[u]coaching allowed[/u]-can hang with Cen ark, SEL, SFA possibly (they are laying an egg)--not predicitng win or lose..just competing well

i am worried Slam will hang 60 on us.......

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1078315" timestamp="1318195104"]
[quote author=geezer link=topic=89532.msg1077938#msg1077938 date=1318159124]
I suspect SEL will be our last win this season, with Nicholls and SFA potentially being competive.  Need more size at defensive back and running back and more speed on the line.  Potential Good News is basketball is around the corner.
[/quote]

I think we--[u]coaching allowed[/u]-can hang with Cen ark, SEL, SFA possibly (they are laying an egg)--not predicitng win or lose..just competing well

[/quote]

At this point, that could be a possibility.  They will grind us if they can.  I am still hopefull, but not as enthusiastic as I was at the beginning of last season.  We need a healthy JJ and Marcus Jackson to be competitive in the SLC.  Also Barry Ford and Josh Powdrill did not play last night.  We are definately hurting at the WR position.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1078315" timestamp="1318195104"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just reacting to everyone gets an F or worse so I assumed this years football team was a failure in your view and wanted you to have something to look forward to.  I am watching for improvement from game to game and year to year.  What did we do last year against FCS teams and how do we compare so far this year?  IMO we are better but still have a very long way to go.  As for my thoughts that we may not win another game this year just look at this weeks SLC scores.  Tx State beat McNeese who already has a victory of Nwst.  Sam demolished SFA and CA and Nicholls played a competive game which CA won on the road.

[quote name="geezer" post="1078541" timestamp="1318209131"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=89532.msg1078315#msg1078315 date=1318195104]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just reacting to everyone gets an F or worse so I assumed this years football team was a failure in your view and wanted you to have something to look forward to.  I am watching for improvement from game to game and year to year.  What did we do last year against FCS teams and how do we compare so far this year?  IMO we are better but still have a very long way to go.  As for my thoughts that we may not win another game this year just look at this weeks SLC scores.  Tx State beat McNeese who already has a victory of Nwst.  Sam demolished SFA and CA and Nicholls played a competive game which CA won on the road.
[/quote]

my report card was last nights game only...and yes, last nights game was pretty much an all around failure

when ya gotta call timeouts to get punt teams on.......

I hope we are learning what type of player it is going to take to compete at this or a higher level which is some size and depth at all positions.  Saw it in the game and then looked at the rosters, Nwst had us outmanned size wise at both qb and rb by an average of about 30#.  Our biggest db is listed at 195 and their qb was listed at 220.  The linesm receivers and lb were overall closer to equal but on average I believe they were bigger accross the board.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1078305" timestamp="1318194440"]

coaching-F
Off Coord-F
Def coord (woodard?)-Z
QB-D
Oline-D
D-Line-F
Linebackers- C- (unless -in that whack def scheme, those underneath routes were theirs)
punter-A
JJ Hayes -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--the NW db was a heck of a db, and JJ still came out on top

we are just not a very good SLC team right now...smite me all day long..i tell it like it is

so--we sucked, got manhandled..but it beats the heck outta not having a team!
[/quote]

I don't know what QB you were watching.  I've decided that Bevil would be great in a sandlot game.  Just don't confuse him with actual plays and real routes.  Just a)don't block for him and b) tell the receivers to all run deep.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1079402" timestamp="1318282645"]

a winner tries to get that first down
[/quote]

Now thats a quote I agree with.  While I believe overall Nwst probably is the better team week in and week out, IMO the first interception and failing to fight for that first down made a big difference.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1079504" timestamp="1318292925"]
huge!..i couldnt believe it..just sauntered out of bounds...........
[/quote]
In Bevil's defense he ran past the marker.  The problem with that was it was the marker on the home side for the line of scrimmage.  DOH!!! I'm sure he thought it was the stick for the first down.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1079195" timestamp="1318273659"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=89532.msg1078305#msg1078305 date=1318194440]

coaching-F
Off Coord-F
Def coord (woodard?)-Z
QB-D
Oline-D
D-Line-F
punter-A

so--we sucked, got manhandled..but it beats the heck outta not having a team!
[/quote]

I don't know what QB you were watching.  I've decided that Bevil would be great in a sandlot game.  Just don't confuse him with actual plays and real routes.  Just a)don't block for him and b) tell the receivers to all run deep.
[/quote]

Were you even at the game Saturday? Only one of those INT'S were Bevils fault with that being the first one in which he under threw the ball to the receiver. The other two a Lamar receiver had their hands on the ball but a Northwestern State defender took the ball away. Especially the one that the safety returned for a TD but was called but for an illegal block.

You don't have to believe me, ask those on the sideline or one of the coaches.

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="1079571" timestamp="1318297645"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=89532.msg1079504#msg1079504 date=1318292925]
huge!..i couldnt believe it..just sauntered out of bounds...........
[/quote]
In Bevil's defense he ran past the marker.  The problem with that was it was the marker on the home side for the line of scrimmage.  DOH!!! I'm sure he thought it was the stick for the first down.
[/quote]

I didn't know that either, but then I don't play college ball.  Maybe I should have known that.  I was a little put out when I saw it but I will give him a break.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn