The Puddin Tane post game report card

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1079402" timestamp="1318282645"]
amongst the numerous overthrows and underthrows..[b]AND RUNNING OUT OF BOUNDS A YARD SHORT OF THE 1ST DOWN IN 1ST QTR[/b]..he had one or two good throws..enuf for a D

a winner tries to get that first down
[/quote]

Do you realize Bevil has won everywhere he has played? WO-S were Bi-District champions in 2007 his senior season and at Navarro he played for the #2 juco team in the country.

I'm sure it was something like what North stated and he thought the yard marker was the distants for the first down. It was a mental mistake on his part.

Is Jackson a loser for not catching the punt in the air and not blocking the first Northwestern player who downed the ball at the Lamar 1 yard line?

Measure each player with the same yard stick.

Then have you ever thrown a football against 15-20 mile an hour winds? That is what Bevil was doing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

If you don't believe me about the wind you weren't at the game. Plus you can call any of the weather guys (Kerry Cooper since this in setxsports) and ask him how windy it was Saturday night. 

Regarding Bevil stepping out of bounds short of the 1st down marker as the qb he is expected to know what is needed to get the first down.  As for Jackson I will cut him a break only because as I recall that was the return that I first noticed him limping.  Almost immediately after that play he had his ankle retaped.

What does Ray not being happy have to do with cutting Jackson a break if he was on a gimpy leg and couldn't get to the ball?  I am not happy either and I believe we used at least three different people to not catch punts.  Although is is used a lot less now than it used to be another option is to put two back to receive punts so they don't have to cover as much ground to get under the ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124