Silsbee vs Bridge City predictions

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1079852" timestamp="1318350927"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=89501.msg1079822#msg1079822 date=1318347265]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89501.msg1079803#msg1079803 date=1318345410]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=89501.msg1079757#msg1079757 date=1318340186]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=89501.msg1079735#msg1079735 date=1318337250]
Is Dishon playing for BC???
[/quote]

Why wouldn't he?  Did I miss something?
[/quote]

There was a question about him being eligible to play this week after he got ejected from last week's game. Not sure of the UIL rule in regards to being ejected.
[/quote]

This is from the UIL website:

[u][b]Disqualified Players[/b][/u]
ARTICLE 6. a. Any player or identified squad member in uniform who commits
two unsportsmanlike conduct fouls in the same game shall be disqualified.
FR-90 Rule 9 / Conduct of Players and Others Subject to the Rules
b. A disqualified player must leave the playing enclosure within a reasonable
amount of time after his disqualification. He must remain out of view of the
field of play under team supervision for the duration of the game.
[/quote]

The question was about would he be able to play this week because of his ejection (be it warranted or not) from last week. The rule in high school basketball is if you are ejected from a game, you must sit out the next game.

Not sure if the same rule applies with football.
[/quote]

That was straight off of the UIL football site...... So if there was anything else that happened I don't see him not playing.....

[quote name="stigers12" post="1080504" timestamp="1318424732"]
Silsbee has the edge in running back, recievers, and defense. Menard may be a better qb due to experience but not good enough to make up for silsbee's depth.
[/quote]

Absolutely no disrespect to the Tigers but I think the comparison with RB, Defense, and Receivers is MUCH CLOSER than you think. BC's Hunter Clark is a very good back, don't let stats fool ya. BC throws the ball around 50% of the time which takes away from Clark's carries, add in the fact that Menard and Dishon get a fair share of carries as well. As far as receivers go it's tough to discount Dishon, Mitchell Hubbard, and Tyler Roberts. Dishon's accomplishments have been well documented, Hubbard is very fast as well (finished in the top of the district in 100M I believe last year but I could be mistaken) and has good hands. Tyler Roberts is a big, athletic reciever that presents some match up problems and he runs well also. Defensively BC has an outstanding secondary and some solid linebackers. The Defensive line has really made strides since earlier in the season. These 2 teams are much closer in comparison than it sounds like you give them credit for. Now I want to apologize ahead of time if I misinterpreted your post or read something into it that was not there.

I know AAW has the stats somewhere, would like to see the comparisons between the teams. I would bet you something shiny that BC has a much larger total for pass attempts and is really close to being split 50/50 on run vs pass. Silsbee more than likely has a higher total of rushes vs passes while taking advantage of Spearman's talent in the backfield, which they should. Too close to call but very highly anticipated.

Good Luck to all.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1080581" timestamp="1318430658"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=89501.msg1080504#msg1080504 date=1318424732]
Silsbee has the edge in running back, recievers, and defense. Menard may be a better qb due to experience but not good enough to make up for silsbee's depth.
[/quote]

Absolutely no disrespect to the Tigers but I think the comparison with RB, Defense, and Receivers is MUCH CLOSER than you think. BC's Hunter Clark is a very good back, don't let stats fool ya. BC throws the ball around 50% of the time which takes away from Clark's carries, add in the fact that Menard and Dishon get a fair share of carries as well. As far as receivers go it's tough to discount Dishon, Mitchell Hubbard, and Tyler Roberts. Dishon's accomplishments have been well documented, Hubbard is very fast as well (finished in the top of the district in 100M I believe last year but I could be mistaken) and has good hands. Tyler Roberts is a big, athletic reciever that presents some match up problems and he runs well also. Defensively BC has an outstanding secondary and some solid linebackers. The Defensive line has really made strides since earlier in the season. These 2 teams are much closer in comparison than it sounds like you give them credit for. Now I want to apologize ahead of time if I misinterpreted your post or read something into it that was not there.

I know AAW has the stats somewhere, would like to see the comparisons between the teams. I would bet you something shiny that BC has a much larger total for pass attempts and is really close to being split 50/50 on run vs pass. Silsbee more than likely has a higher total of rushes vs passes while taking advantage of Spearman's talent in the backfield, which they should. Too close to call but very highly anticipated.

Good Luck to all.

Rake1
[/quote]
I have been watching the film and i agree that it isn't a landslide by any means. Bridge City likes to air it out and i saw some pretty Impressive catches by dishon and #11, but i haven't seen Hubbard do much besides cheapshotting an hj reciever. The running back is big and fast and runs hard, much like spearman does, but spearman has just impressed me too much to think that bridge city's is better. And Bridge city's defense is pretty solid, silsbee's just always seems to come up clutch. But yes i would have to say both teams play very similar football and match up pretty well.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1080664" timestamp="1318437996"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89501.msg1080581#msg1080581 date=1318430658]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=89501.msg1080504#msg1080504 date=1318424732]
[/quote]

Good Luck to all.

Rake1
[/quote]
I have been watching the film and i agree that it isn't a landslide by any means. Bridge City likes to air it out and i saw some pretty Impressive catches by dishon and #11, but i haven't seen Hubbard do much [b]besides cheapshotting an hj reciever[/b]. The running back is big and fast and runs hard, much like spearman does, but spearman has just impressed me too much to think that bridge city's is better. And Bridge city's defense is pretty solid, silsbee's just always seems to come up clutch. But yes i would have to say both teams play very similar football and match up pretty well.
[/quote]

Definition of cheap shot depends on what side of the field you sit on. From BC's vantage point (plus film) it was not a cheap shot. Going across the middle in front of Hubbard is taking a risk because that guy is looking for the big hit and usually finds them. Hubbard has done well on kick returns, one for a TD, and has come up with some clutch receptions. Don't discount the guy. Also #11 is Tyler Roberts.

Rake1

Actually, early signing for Baseball is in November.  ;)

But yes, Dishon, Menard and Lemoine have verbally committed to D1 colleges for Baseball. 

Dishon and Menard are very passionate about playing Bridge City Cardinal Football.  I am sure they want a great game against Silsbee this Friday night.

[quote name="setxballfan" post="1080901" timestamp="1318456208"]
[b]Actually, early signing for Baseball is in November.  ;)[/b]

But yes, Dishon, Menard and Lemoine have verbally committed to D1 colleges for Baseball. 

Dishon and Menard are very passionate about playing Bridge City Cardinal Football.  I am sure they want a great game against Silsbee this Friday night.
[/quote]

Sorry, let me correct myself..... These young men are GOING to sign unless something better comes up....... And from what I know they are pumped about playing for their future colleges...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83