Dayton @ Goose Creek Predictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit making excuses for the players and the coaches fact is for whatever reason where just not that good this year. Will we make the playoffs, yes but its kinda hard not to. I have watched this team regress since the start of the year unlike past years were the team usually got rolling after the first few games. I will also say that whoever says the coaches dont share responsibility with the players whem it comes to poor play is sadly mistaken. The gcm game will be a tough one for the bronx and if they play like they have the last few weeks the bronx will not win. I still think we can win games if we play good ball but this team doesnt have the talent to win with sub par performances from the players or the coaches.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I remember back when a healthy team w/great defense/offense went to Crosby and got skunked.Now with the injuries/young players coaches are trying to make ajustments w/what they have.Until we get on the level w/PNG and have 40 seniors on a team vs.17-20 we're gonna have some issues.I'm proud to be a fan-not just because we win alot but we do it w/alot less exp.players.It's been a fun ride for awhile w/alot of accomplishments but re-loading does not make you automatic champions.Pre-season I thought we'd be healthy and put up 40 pts a game but it's not the case this year.We are missing a bruiser back that can get 5 yds when we need 4 for a 1st down.3rd dwns are hurting our production.Not wrapping up is hurting the young defense.Keep plugging Broncos we've got 4 games to play before playoffs.I'm pulling for you kiddos ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1078797" timestamp="1318252441"]
Well I remember back when a healthy team w/great defense/offense went to Crosby and got skunked.Now with the injuries/young players coaches are trying to make ajustments w/what they have.Until we get on the level w/PNG and have 40 seniors on a team vs.17-20 we're gonna have some issues.I'm proud to be a fan-not just because we win alot but we do it w/alot less exp.players.It's been a fun ride for awhile w/alot of accomplishments but re-loading does not make you automatic champions.Pre-season I thought we'd be healthy and put up 40 pts a game but it's not the case this year.We are missing a bruiser back that can get 5 yds when we need 4 for a 1st down.3rd dwns are hurting our production.Not wrapping up is hurting the young defense.Keep plugging Broncos we've got 4 games to play before playoffs.I'm pulling for you kiddos ;)
[/quote]Good post Liltex, The Broncos will do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Go Broncos"

[quote name="liltex" post="1078797" timestamp="1318252441"]
[/quote]i would like to point out that crosby was really good that year they were 7pts away from playing in the d1 regional finals  that victory was no fluke but I think the margin of victory was

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1078747" timestamp="1318245722"]
All of you guys doubting the coaches at Dayton are ridiculous.  The defense that we send out on the field is basically made up of good JV players with the exception of about 4, 2 of those being secondary kids.  There is not one coach in America that can make a tackle for a kid. [b] All a coach can do is coach the kids to be in a good spot to make the play[/b], then guess what, that kid has to make a play.  Dayton does tackling drills everyday just like every high school team in Texas.  The kids are working hard there is just not a whole lot to work with on the defensive side of the ball.  They will have to grow up and it may not be this year.  They are getting in better positions each week, now it is just a matter of taking the coaching and wrapping up and hanging on until help gets there!!!

[/quote]
This is true there hasnt been much "blown" coverages just not sealing the deal. DA BRONX gonna be fine  ;)

The kiddos are young right now. They learning their positions. Show them confidence and moral builders. Please don't doubt their abilities. Everyone makes a mistake now and then. These are just kids doing what they love to do. Remember, we lost alot of defense last year. We'll be ok. Feel for Jakari. Hope he can get it back by play-off time. I always look forward to friday nights to see my Broncos. Encourage the kids, Don't discourage them. Alot of them read these post including the coaches. Lets back the Broncos and move forwards. "Go Broncos" ;) ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1077962" timestamp="1318164022"]
Here is the reality of the situation.  GCM is a more athletic and capable of running the ball than BH or Dayton.  GCM, if they run the ball to the outside, will control this game from start to finish.  Dayton is allowing 25.6 points per game (against a little better competition) and GCM is allowing 24.6 points per game.  Dayton will throw out Angleton and BH as competitors, however GCM played Crosby, who is averaging almost 35 points per game. The defense is the weakness of both these teams however, GCM is playing much better after week 5 and Dayton is playing far worse.   

The ONLY way Dayton will win this game is if they have a serious reality check and quit expecting to win because of reputation and making excuses because of injuries.  If you want to win, go earn a win because of hard work and effort.

One poster said, "we were one or two plays from being undefeated".  Guess what, your were one or two plays from being dominated by BH and LEE as well.  That's called execution and is what wins or loses ball games.  It's probably what will take BH out this year (fumbles). 

In smokine baby fashion, take that poor ars looking mangy "bronco" and go earn a win and quit moaning and pissing about Stewart, who is busy recruiting.  ;D 

[/quote]I agree totally.
Goose Creek 21
Dayton 17

Fact is we aren't as good as we have been in the past years, but I believe this bunch of kids is better than they have been playing so far this year. The defense that beat Eisenhower has yet to take the field again. Coaching isn't the issue, we are a transitioning team though. Coaching changes, injuries, and inexperience all of these things factor in, but it factors in for every team. We will improve and level out to our talent available this year, then we'll see how far that takes us. Take your shots in 2011, because the future is bright in Dayton.

Dang,when i posted yesterday i ddnt kno what all the conversations was about. its very easy to see this isnt the broncos every1 is used to. but ne1 who knows what there talking about knows its not coaching and its not lack of effort by our players. we are young/not the smartest
(due to lack of experience)/and need a leader that will lay you out. we will be fine because growing up in dayton you become a fan of the broncos. and when you get the chance to put on that purple,your pride and love refuses you to quit. we will pull out this season one hard win at a time.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1078811" timestamp="1318253357"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=89492.msg1078797#msg1078797 date=1318252441]
[/quote]i would like to point out that crosby was really good that year they were 7pts away from playing in the d1 regional finals  that victory was no fluke but I think the margin of victory was
[/quote]

Best team I've ever seen at Crosby, but then again i haven't seen that many.
This current squad for the Broncos is led by a very good short yardage passing QB, the problem is the Broncos want to run the ball, and the mix isn't on track, and the defense is no where near normal caliber.

GCM has shown the ability to beat teams while their down (Crosby last year), I'll Take the GCMPats by 3.

Dayton by 14...Really don't see them losing another game through the remainder of district. I was at the BH/Dayton game a few weeks back, and I'm a solid BH fan, my son played for them a few years back, but that game could have went either way. Dayton will end up making some noise in the playoffs. Still have good athletes and may not have Stewart coaching but they'll be fine. ALSO WORTH NOTING,THEY HANDLED THAT LOSS WITH ALOT OF CLASS TOO, FOR A PROGRAM THAT DOESN'T LOSE TO OFTEN.. 

If dayton can stack the line and make gcm throw the ball I think we can win but I think this will be a tough matchup for dayton. Daytons offense doesnt worry me I think they will be able to move the ball but you cant expect them to just out score everyone maybe this will be the week our defense steps up. Bronx by 7 but man gcm has me nervous I think they are legit.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1080092" timestamp="1318366568"]
I predict that the[b] Broncos find a way to get the win[/b].  Looking forward to seeing how GCM has progressed from last year.
[/quote]

I think thats the kind of team we have this year. Alot of people are gonna look at the BH lose and the scores being close in most of the games and think DA BRONX arent gonna make some noise. Thats how we like it  ;)  As my boy Woody once said..........I'd rather look ugly and win than pretty and lose. ;) Which kinda of explains BH so far this year(just the ugly) ;D ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1080642" timestamp="1318435616"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=89492.msg1080092#msg1080092 date=1318366568]
I predict that the[b] Broncos find a way to get the win[/b].  Looking forward to seeing how GCM has progressed from last year.
[/quote]

I think thats the kind of team we have this year. Alot of people are gonna look at the BH lose and the scores being close in most of the games and think DA BRONX arent gonna make some noise. Thats how we like it  ;)  As my boy Woody once said..........I'd rather look ugly and win than pretty and lose. ;) Which kinda of explains BH so far this year(just the ugly) ;D ;D
[/quote]We have two ugly wins now, Nederland and North Forest. If not for the missed kick we would have lost to Ned and we should have been better prepared for a salty NF team.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1080642" timestamp="1318435616"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=89492.msg1080092#msg1080092 date=1318366568]
[/quote]

[/quote]hope your right think this games gonna be tough

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1080748" timestamp="1318444931"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89492.msg1080642#msg1080642 date=1318435616]
[/quote]

[/quote]you know bronxrox those kids you saw filming the jh game were violating uil rules unless it was approved from our coaches
[/quote]
Rumor controll! See the BH thread

[quote name="bh15" post="1080746" timestamp="1318444808"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89492.msg1080642#msg1080642 date=1318435616]
[/quote]

[/quote]We have two ugly wins now, Nederland and North Forest. If not for the missed kick we would have lost to Ned and we should have been better prepared for a salty NF team.
[/quote]
I was talkin bout da team (most of the fans too)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics