COLDSPRING VS. SPLENDORA BROADCAST/Coldspring wins!!!!

If I'm not mistaken. The last td was scored by # 44 who plays defense. He had about 5 sacks countless numbers of tackles and a td. But Barbay is "classless".  Man that's the dumbest thing I heard in a while. What should he do kneel on the ball every down ?

[quote name="Indian11" post="1076249" timestamp="1318037853"]
Kinda class-less for a coach to beat a team this bad, save it for the play-offs. No need to beat these kids into the ground. IMO
[/quote]

It's usually best not to comment on things that you don't have idea what you're talking about....Coldspring was up huge in the 1st half solely because Splendora was really bad...Gilbert probably only had 6-7 carries (which has happened a couple times already this year) Monroe (turned a ankle on his first carry and only had 5-6 more touches after retaping and hobbling around)....Coldspring scored a TD on a fumble return by linebacker Kedrick Harrison and another on a punt return by Johnson (after he had a punt return for a TD called back a few minutes earlier)....Coldspring did anything but run up the score...They stopped putting anyone back deep to return punts with about 3-4 minutes left in the 2nd qtr because it was apparent that if they didn't they might score again....

Barbay simply DOES NOT run up the score...If he was so inclined he could've easily scored well into the 80's several times this year but he never has...D-lineman & o-lineman have gotten carries this year late in games instead of letting a true RB carry the ball again...The last several games the clock has basically ran the entire 2nd half with it only stopping for change of direction at end of 3rd qtr...

What would you have Barbay do?  Not let his starters play but a series or two each game until the playoffs?  If anyone is getting short changed it's probably Coldspring's starters who could really use a good test or two (and have to play close to a full game under pressure) before the playoffs start...

I know some of these other schools might be struggling but what ever happened to having a little pride and not rolling over after a few scores?  Are these teams really this bad this year, are they mailing it in early, or is Coldspring really just that dominant this year?  I don't know the answer but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a little bit of all three...

[quote name="MEM" post="1076861" timestamp="1318050914"]
[quote author=Indian11 link=topic=89386.msg1076249#msg1076249 date=1318037853]
Kinda class-less for a coach to beat a team this bad, save it for the play-offs. No need to beat these kids into the ground. IMO
[/quote]

It's usually best not to comment on things that you don't have idea what you're talking about....Coldspring was up huge in the 1st half solely because Splendora was really bad...Gilbert probably only had 6-7 carries (which has happened a couple times already this year) Monroe (turned a ankle on his first carry and only had 5-6 more touches after retaping and hobbling around)....Coldspring scored a TD on a fumble return by linebacker Kedrick Harrison and another on a punt return by Johnson (after he had a punt return for a TD called back a few minutes earlier)....Coldspring did anything but run up the score...They stopped putting anyone back deep to return punts with about 3-4 minutes left in the 2nd qtr because it was apparent that if they didn't they might score again....

Barbay simply DOES NOT run up the score...If he was so inclined he could've easily scored well into the 80's several times this year but he never has...D-lineman & o-lineman have gotten carries this year late in games instead of letting a true RB carry the ball again...The last several games the clock has basically ran the entire 2nd half with it only stopping for change of direction at end of 3rd qtr...

What would you have Barbay do?  Not let his starters play but a series or two each game until the playoffs?  If anyone is getting short changed it's probably Coldspring's starters who could really use a good test or two (and have to play close to a full game under pressure) before the playoffs start...

I know some of these other schools might be struggling but what ever happened to having a little pride and not rolling over after a few scores?  Are these teams really this bad this year, are they mailing it in early, or is Coldspring really just that dominant this year?  I don't know the answer but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a little bit of all three...
[/quote]

CS is obviously an incredible team, but intimidation factor is a lot. And when it starts out rough, it only gets worse.

The other teams are just this bad. The talent is not there on the other teams and it all starts with bad coaching at lower levels and not getting the talented kids to play and stay playing. We should have been playing Navasota, Silsbee, or Livingston to see what really works and what just looks good on a bad team. Coldspring has good program and I know everyone wants to cry about no class when they know they are going to get killed but I didn't see "no class" comments when Splendora softball girls, Cleveland Basketball, or Bridge City Baseball run up scores on us.  Or even Crockett last year pushing our kids around during hand shaking after they beat Coldspring on their first game week of that year. So don't think we don't remember, you lucky Barbay is classy. I say run 100 points on everyone unless that coach ask for forgiveness or declare defeat either before the game or at halftime. If we sub second group, they should to sub second group.

Thats crazy unless you are playing the last game of the season a good coach always gets the subs in there when they have won, most of them are underclassmen that will be your starters in the future and what happens if your running up the score and someone like sherman gets hurt Its not that Barnay just has class (as his dad did aswell) it jsut good coaching. I can say if I was Barbay i would make a name for my players and my team by keeping up with records that have not been broke in a long time and go after them

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1077196" timestamp="1318092771"]
I can say if I was Barbay i would make a name for my players and my team by keeping up with records that have not been broke in a long time and go after them
[/quote]

Gilbert & Monroe could have both easily broken the school record for most rushing yards in a game (and set who knows what else) if Barbay was so inclined...Both have went over 200 yds (in a game this year) on just 10 or so carries....

They have been averaging about 12 & 10 carries respectively a game...

I like seeing kids break and set records also, however, with Barbay being from the coaching family that he is it looks as if he's only concerned with winning a gold ball....If records fall in the process so be it but I really haven't seen a situation where he's let anyone just go after one...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont