20-4a playoff teams

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1083752" timestamp="1318680899"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89226.msg1074995#msg1074995 date=1317933561]
It's funny that you guys are counting PN-G out.  You must have forgotten whant they did last year same situation and made a pretty good playoff run to boot.
[/quote]      Tell em Soulja
[/quote]

[b][color=purple]YUP! YUP! NEVER underestimate the Port Neches-Groves Indians![/color][/b]

[quote name="JollyRoger81" post="1083897" timestamp="1318693483"]
[b]GO PIRATES!!!! [/b] One game at a time, next up Central Jaguars...take it to em!!!!
[/quote]

I agree...never look past the next game. There is a lot of respect between PNG and Vidor. It's always a good game.  I'm glad to see Vidor makin some noise...keep it up! The Pirates deserve a LOT of respect.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="1083901" timestamp="1318693621"]
[quote author=JollyRoger81 link=topic=89226.msg1083897#msg1083897 date=1318693483]
[b]GO PIRATES!!!! [/b] One game at a time, next up Central Jaguars...take it to em!!!!
[/quote]

I agree...never look past the next game. There is a lot of respect between PNG and Vidor. It's always a good game.  I'm glad to see Vidor makin some noise...keep it up! The Pirates deserve a LOT of respect.
[/quote]

The Pirates aren't looking down the road, they aren't looking in the past, they are looking to the next game, they'll be focused on Central. This is 20-4A, there are no easy games.

The Broncos have got to stop waiting for something to happen and develope some leadership on the field. Until that happens, i don't look for the play-offs. Hate like heck to have to say that but looks so unorganized in the Bronco camp. I love my Broncos and support them 100% but something has to be done. Someone needs to step up and tell it like it is. I'm behind you win or lose. Just don't fold and give it to them. The turnovers killed us last night. Get your heads into the game Broncs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

[quote name="knightrider" post="1084008" timestamp="1318698979"]
The Broncos have got to stop waiting for something to happen and develope some leadership on the field. Until that happens, i don't look for the play-offs. Hate like heck to have to say that but looks so unorganized in the Bronco camp. I love my Broncos and support them 100% but something has to be done. Someone needs to step up and tell it like it is. I'm behind you win or lose. Just don't fold and give it to them. The turnovers killed us last night. Get your heads into the game Broncs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???
[/quote]huh???

I am excited that our team is getting better each week. Injuries have plagued us all season. We give up a lot of yards on the ground but we tend to bend not break. If we control the turnovers we look good to win out. I don't know why you are comparing defense to defense. Nederland does great against the run for the most part, don't know much about vidor. We did have success against ned moving the ball and scoring,it was a poor coaching decision to go for the first down instead of taking the fieldgoal to go to ot with ned. He is the coach not me. But I will say this we have a lot of offense to give so we shall see just how tough vidors defense really is. Both your teams didn't face a liv team with mays running the ball. With him out the qb is and has gotten tired that is why ned won and I'm sure field position and turnovers had a lot to do with it, ned is great at the field position thing.  No disrespect to either team, it is what it is, don't matter what the stats say, a win is a win. I can see ned winning out, livingston vidor and png all going to the wire. There is a lot of football left to play, can't wait for next Friday to get here, gotta love the Friday night lights!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1083789" timestamp="1318684237"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=89226.msg1083744#msg1083744 date=1318680286]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89226.msg1083716#msg1083716 date=1318668741]
Vidor - PNG game will be close; playing at the Reservation referees will decide it. PNG stomped Ozen due to let down of losing the Vidor game, tough loss for those kids. Livingston is a question mark; they do well at home but poorly here in SE Tex. Vidor - Livingston game is at the Boneyard, it will be WILD in that stadium come game time. Lastly, let's all not forget Vidor's defense.....it is the main reason we are 6 - 1. LCM only scores 7 points if not for wholesale substitutions and Mathews dedication to not running up the score unlike some other area coach.
[/quote]

Typical vidorian response. Refs and huge let downs lead to PN-G wins.
[/quote]

No let down here. I expect Vidor to win; read anything I've written. There are no ifs and buts in my threads, friend.  Concerning the referees, prove me wrong. No ghost chop blocks, no holding penalties after you're 20 yards downfield, no more down at the three yard line when our player dives into the endzone. We love playing in mid-county; always fairly officiated. It's the reason you turned off your big screen replay in 2009. I would rather play at Lamar and get the officials from El Paso.
[/quote]
The replays have been stopped anytime there is a flag out of sportsmanship. There were  some calls that were made in BOTH favor of PNG and against PNG that were proven to be bad calls by replay.

As far as 2009 , you don't want to go there. That game wasn't even close. We weren't supposed to win that one and it turned out we dominated. No bad calls even came close to affecting that game. I feel this year will be a good game. It could go either way , I wouldn't call either the team the favorite right now. I also don't feel it will affect the playoffs.I can possibly see a team with three losses in. Ozen has lost two and has a tough schedule left and any tie breaker Ozen would have with either PNG or Vidor would not favor Ozen.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1084340" timestamp="1318714084"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89226.msg1083789#msg1083789 date=1318684237]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=89226.msg1083744#msg1083744 date=1318680286]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89226.msg1083716#msg1083716 date=1318668741]
Vidor - PNG game will be close; playing at the Reservation referees will decide it. PNG stomped Ozen due to let down of losing the Vidor game, tough loss for those kids. Livingston is a question mark; they do well at home but poorly here in SE Tex. Vidor - Livingston game is at the Boneyard, it will be WILD in that stadium come game time. Lastly, let's all not forget Vidor's defense.....it is the main reason we are 6 - 1. LCM only scores 7 points if not for wholesale substitutions and Mathews dedication to not running up the score unlike some other area coach.
[/quote]

Typical vidorian response. Refs and huge let downs lead to PN-G wins.
[/quote]

No let down here. I expect Vidor to win; read anything I've written. There are no ifs and buts in my threads, friend.  Concerning the referees, prove me wrong. No ghost chop blocks, no holding penalties after you're 20 yards downfield, no more down at the three yard line when our player dives into the endzone. We love playing in mid-county; always fairly officiated. It's the reason you turned off your big screen replay in 2009. I would rather play at Lamar and get the officials from El Paso.
[/quote]
The replays have been stopped anytime there is a flag out of sportsmanship. There were  some calls that were made in BOTH favor of PNG and against PNG that were proven to be bad calls by replay.

As far as 2009 , you don't want to go there. That game wasn't even close. We weren't supposed to win that one and it turned out we dominated. No bad calls even came close to affecting that game. I feel this year will be a good game. It could go either way , I wouldn't call either the team the favorite right now. I also don't feel it will affect the playoffs.I can possibly see a team with three losses in. Ozen has lost two and has a tough schedule left and any tie breaker Ozen would have with either PNG or Vidor would not favor Ozen.
[/quote]

Love pulling mid-County chains.....easy pickins. Lord willing, I will back in the U.S. come game time.....I know they get the refs from Houston district and Jeff has to agree to them....see ya'll at the Reservation.

V idor,I feel your pain.Nederland seems to get a questionable call frequently at the Reservation.Indians want to talk about how they would have won if they would have taken the 3 and played for overtime.We had a phantom holding call that took 7 off the board.Would have put us up 10-0 early in the game.Instead,we trailed 7-3 at the half.Again,I feel your pain! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder