H-D vs. High Island is on for this weekend!

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1072661" timestamp="1317660227"]
Shut The Front Door!!!!!  >:(

Imagine that!  They consider H-D a comparable opponent!  ;)
[/quote]

May end up being the same end result, a loss.  Wonder what 55's take will be on this

Guest ECBucFan
Win or lose, the mere fact the H-I team is taking the field Friday night should be regarded as a HUGE WIN across all of SETX. God Bless H-I and keep them (and everyone else) injury free the rest of the way.  8)

Shut Thent Door!!!!!  >:(

[/quote]I find it sad that you have to get on here and down grade other peoples kids.  It is one thing to get on here and commit, but to talk about other kids is uncalled for.  You should just give your opinion strickly about football and every now in then give some advice. I hear your guys are good this year, so be proud of them and good luck.

[/quote] WH finally has a good football team and your mouth overloads. Can't wait until the H-D Bobcats bust that WH bubble. I totally understand why you are so happy and excited, through the years WH have been one of the worst programs in the state. Congrats on winning a few ball games Oilcans!! lol  ;D

[/quote] WH finally has a good football team and your mouth overloads. Can't wait until the H-D Bobcats bust that WH bubble. I totally understand why you are so happy and excited, through the years WH have been one of the worst programs in the state. Congrats on winning a few ball games Oilcans!! lol  ;D
[/quote]
Well if WH has been one of the worse programs in the state than HD must have also because they have the exact same playoff record for the past 15 years

[quote name="Lets Play" post="1074508" timestamp="1317871457"]
[quote author=Joharr73 link=topic=89225.msg1072661#msg1072661 date=1317660227]

[/quote]I find it sad that you have to get on here and down grade other peoples kids.  It is one thing to get on here and commit, but to talk about other kids is uncalled for.  You should just give your opinion strickly about football and every now in then give some advice. I hear your guys are good this year, so be proud of them and good luck.
[/quote]

Ma'am, I wasn't down grading anyones kids.  Taking a shot at H-D 55, GUILTY AS CHARGED!

My thought was only to either play or don't play, make up your mind and picking and choosing opponents.

Sorry if I offended you Ma'am.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1074555" timestamp="1317890208"]

[/quote]

Coming from Mr. Overload himself, where have you been hiding 55?  I would complain even if we had a losing season, about teams cancelling games.  How is that right for any of the players involved for either team?

I don't see HD beating WH this year, just hope we can keep it close. This is WH's year. But with that being said, my senior year (the '03 season) WH came in undefeated killing everyone they played and we had lost 2 close games on the year, WH came in the favorite but left "The Swamp" with a butt whippin

[quote name="HDcats0422" post="1074674" timestamp="1317909952"]
I don't see HD beating WH this year, just hope we can keep it close. This is WH's year. But with that being said, my senior year (the '03 season) WH came in undefeated killing everyone they played and we had lost 2 close games on the year, WH came in the favorite but left "The Swamp" with a butt whippin
[/quote]

That's exactly what I've been telling some of the players I see on a regular basis, to be confident but not cocky!  No matter how good your team is, you can always get beat.  Match ups, game plans or even coaching adjustments throughout the game make a huge difference.  My Oilers won't be taking your Bobcats lightly by any means.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1074555" timestamp="1317890208"]

[/quote]

I feel that ol 55 is just upset that his bobcats aren't doing as well as WH.  The bottom line is that the Bobcats are human and not the super hero that he makes them out to be.  We can talk all about the schedule of each one, but the bottom line is this, WH is winning and the Bobcats aren't  8).  I've got a feeling that HD's bubble will be busted when the meet up with WH.

[quote name="TAMU" post="1074751" timestamp="1317916268"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=89225.msg1074555#msg1074555 date=1317890208]

[/quote]

I feel that ol 55 is just upset that his bobcats aren't doing as well as WH.  The bottom line is that the Bobcats are human and not the super hero that he makes them out to be.  We can talk all about the schedule of each one, but the bottom line is this, WH is winning and the Bobcats aren't  8).  I've got a feeling that HD's bubble will be busted when the meet up with WH.
[/quote] I don't really think HD has a bubble to bust this year.  Some people maybe really fanatic, but most of us are just people that either played or are still playing at HD.  I know HD is having a down year, but we can still be prideful of where we played ball.  On paper HD is not as good as WH, but I have seen good Oiler teams lose to HD.  Will it happen this year?  Maybe, maybe not.  As far as High Island goes, congrats for being able to field a team this week.  I think HI is not picking and choosing opponents they just are not able to play when players are injured.  I pick HD to win over HI. 

[quote name="HD94" post="1074802" timestamp="1317919751"]
[quote author=TAMU link=topic=89225.msg1074751#msg1074751 date=1317916268]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=89225.msg1074555#msg1074555 date=1317890208]

[/quote]

[/quote] I don't really think HD has a bubble to bust this year.  Some people maybe really fanatic, but most of us are just people that either played or are still playing at HD.  I know HD is having a down year, but we can still be prideful of where we played ball.  On paper HD is not as good as WH, but I have seen good Oiler teams lose to HD.  Will it happen this year?  Maybe, maybe not.  As far as High Island goes, congrats for being able to field a team this week.  I think HI is not picking and choosing opponents they just are not able to play when players are injured.  I pick HD to win over HI.
[/quote]

nothing wrong with having alot of pride for ones team, and there are alot of HD people who take things in stride that get on here.  But there are some that just seem to find a way to get under peoples' skin with things they say and when it gets put back on them they run like a scalded dog! I think we all know who i'm refering to.  Again not bashing all HD people, just the ones who can dish it out, but not take it.  I agree HD will win over HI tomorrow night, just a matter of what Coach Slack wants to do to get his players ready for district play.

[quote name="TAMU" post="1074808" timestamp="1317920281"]
[quote author=HD94 link=topic=89225.msg1074802#msg1074802 date=1317919751]
[quote author=TAMU link=topic=89225.msg1074751#msg1074751 date=1317916268]

[/quote]

[/quote]

nothing wrong with having alot of pride for ones team, and there are alot of HD people who take things in stride that get on here.  But there are some that just seem to find a way to get under peoples' skin with things they say and when it gets put back on them they run like a scalded dog! I think we all know who i'm refering to.  Again not bashing all HD people, just the ones who can dish it out, but not take it.  I agree HD will win over HI tomorrow night, just a matter of what Coach Slack wants to do to get his players ready for district play.
[/quote]If everyone would commit like this there would be no hard feelings.  I appreciate your reply, it just seems that because one person has to be cocky,  others need to follow suit.  I have nothing against West Hardin,  its going to be a good game.  Like I said before,  good luck to both teams.

Let's not forget who took the first jab. Joharr can pick, but apparently can't take people picking back. Very disapointed in some of the so called H-D fans for being scared to take up for our Bobcats. H-D has a very talented group of young men that are working hard on the field. Yes WH has one of their best team in a while, but I will not walk on egg shells and coward down to the Oilers. H-D has a dieing tradition and this thread proves it. Furthermore with H-D not having a JV, there is no more hiding this fact. Go Bobcats!!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1075732" timestamp="1318016193"]
Let's not forget who took the first jab. Joharr can pick, but apparently can't take people picking back. [/quote]

Whoa there buddy!  I was just stating that H.I. appears to be picking opponents and that they must see ya'll as less of a threat.  Pick away at me, it doesn't bother me! 

I know how you are, I've been reading your posts for 4 years now.  One thing you & I have in common 55, is our total dedication to our respective teams.  Keep the rivalry alive!  ;D

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1075732" timestamp="1318016193"]
Let's not forget who took the first jab. Joharr can pick, but apparently can't take people picking back. Very disapointed in some of the so called H-D fans for being scared to take up for our Bobcats. H-D has a very talented group of young men that are working hard on the field. Yes WH has one of their best team in a while, but I will not walk on egg shells and coward down to the Oilers. H-D has a dieing tradition and this thread proves it. Furthermore with H-D not having a JV, there is no more hiding this fact. Go Bobcats!!
[/quote] Nothing in my statement said I was scared of anyone.  I dont mind talking trash with grown folks, but I am not gonna put down the kids on the field.  We both know HD has had years they were unbeatable in district, many years, this just isn't one of those years.  The history at HD is something noone can take from us and is something to be proud of.  I never count the Bobcats out in any game.  Not sure if I am one of the ones you were talking about, but like I said I am not scared of anyone and I will predict HD to win every game they play just because I believe in these kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder