Jasper...what's wrong....

[quote name="jeffcoat" post="1073971" timestamp="1317827798"]
  Our dogs will be just fine. Give this staff time to establish a winning attitude again. The x's & o's are now solid. The schemes are solid. The kids just have to learn them where they can react without having to think. That is what takes time.

This staff works their tails off and they are going about it correctly. Just give it time.

Jasper will get well once 183A starts,[b] then look for a few playoff wins. [/b]
[/quote]

So, are you saying that Jasper will beat #1 ranked Tyler Chapel Hill in the first round? That's who Jasper will face in the 1st round. ;)

If they can't beat Orangefield, they certainly will not beat Chapel Hill.

Nothing is wrong at Jasper.  Everybody talks about the championship pedigree at Carthage but they started 0-2 before finishing 9-3 that first season (2007) and there were some bumps in the road along the way.  The staff knows what they're doing and Jasper will be playing at a high level when the playoffs start.

Last years coach said " were gonna hang our hat on defense" it never worked out.  Now we hire the defensive coach from Carthage so I think the fans and people doing the hiring agree with defense first mentality.  That is/was the Jasper way for many years ready for results...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1072018" timestamp="1317584251"] Until then, it seems that everyone can score 30 points or more on these Jasper teams of late.
[/quote]

It's a shame. I read this sentence again and immediately thought of the '82 team that was 12-0 in 4A going into the Willowridge playoff game and had only allowed 23 points all season. It's hard to fathom giving up points like we do these smaller schools. I know people were hard on the coaches that were there because we never won it all, but I would take that success back in a heartbeat. I'm sure a lot of my fellow Bulldogs would, too...

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1074525" timestamp="1317879496"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89190.msg1072018#msg1072018 date=1317584251] Until then, it seems that everyone can score 30 points or more on these Jasper teams of late.
[/quote]

It's a shame. I read this sentence again and immediately thought of the '82 team that was 12-0 in 4A going into the Willowridge playoff game and had only allowed 23 points all season. It's hard to fathom giving up points like we do these smaller schools. I know people were hard on the coaches that were there because we never won it all, but I would take that success back in a heartbeat. I'm sure a lot of my fellow Bulldogs would, too...
[/quote]

Yep, those were the good times. But, the runs in 2001 (last year in 4A that ended with the Region 3 final against Bay City), 2002 and 2003 (both semi-finals ended against Burnet, durnit) and 2004 (final championship against Gilmer) were pretty good, too.

[quote name="football" post="1075396" timestamp="1317987632"]
If you're honest with yourself, only one of OF's tds can be blamed on the coaches.  After the punt, OF ran a long TD while Jasper's D was still coming off the sidelines!!!!
[/quote]
And if your honest with yourself you will see that if OF didn't even score that touchdown they still would've won. Those 7 points didn't even matter. Jasper is not even close to OF's calliber. Stop kidding yourself

[quote name="caneyhead#1fan" post="1075497" timestamp="1317999711"]
[quote author=football link=topic=89190.msg1075396#msg1075396 date=1317987632]
If you're honest with yourself, only one of OF's tds can be blamed on the coaches.  After the punt, OF ran a long TD while Jasper's D was still coming off the sidelines!!!!
[/quote]
And if your honest with yourself you will see that if OF didn't even score that touchdown they still would've won. Those 7 points didn't even matter. Jasper is not even close to OF's calliber. Stop kidding yourself
[/quote]

LOL, at someone from Orangefield saying someone isn't their caliber. You're Orangefield, bro. Orangefield. You're like the Baylor of every district y'all are in. You got lucky and beat a young Jasper team, who scored three times in the 4th quarter on you guys....but they're "not even close to OF's caliber." Orangefield clown.

Pirateguy hit the nail on the head if Jasper can't beat orangefield "holy crap" we are better (at least we should be) they are the door mat..and what makes it worse is that's two years in a row...throw in a loss to wos,silsbee,now orangefield...whos next HJ,HF burkeville.  Maybe jhs should have 80's week at high school and they can play back old films so the players and coaches know what we expect...

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1075726" timestamp="1318015466"]
Pirateguy hit the nail on the head if Jasper can't beat orangefield "holy crap" we are better (at least we should be) they are the door mat..and what makes it worse is that's two years in a row...throw in a loss to wos,silsbee,now orangefield...whos next HJ,HF burkeville.  Maybe jhs should have 80's week at high school and they can play back old films so the players and coaches know what we expect...
[/quote]

You left out Kirbyville... ;D ;D

It's also difficult to compare defenses today to those 10, 15, or 20 years ago too.  With 7-on-7 becoming such a big deal offenses are getting more time to improve the passing game and the spread has changed high school offenses.  The number of snaps taken in a high school game have increased dramatically in the last 15 years.  Similar to the NFL, rule changes have also favored the offensive side of the ball. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder