Orangefield at Silsbee Predictions?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill tell you one thing about Huckabay and his Cats is that they have the mindset that they go into every game expecting to win no matter who they play. IMO every team should have this mindset. They overlook all the trash talk and go out on the field and take care of business. I saw an earlier post that was correct as well about Huckabay looking at the bigger picture. He is not just coaching football here, he is turning boys into young men. Teaching responsibility, effort, and pride. His motto is "Do whats right, do your best, and do it with Bobcat pride!" He plays no favorites, and he bends the rules for nobody. He holds every player responsible no matter what. This has caused him some problems for those who can't handle that old school method of coaching and think players shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. Many coaches overlook this now a days and look more towards getting another W under their belt. That being said, go Cats!

[quote name="footballin" post="1074266" timestamp="1317848993"]
Ill tell you one thing about Huckabay and his Cats is that they have the mindset that they go into every game expecting to win no matter who they play. IMO every team should have this mindset. They overlook all the trash talk and go out on the field and take care of business. I saw an earlier post that was correct as well about Huckabay looking at the bigger picture. He is not just coaching football here, he is turning boys into young men. Teaching responsibility, effort, and pride. His motto is "Do whats right, do your best, and do it with Bobcat pride!" He plays no favorites, and he bends the rules for nobody. He holds every player responsible no matter what. This has caused him some problems for those who can't handle that old school method of coaching and think players shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. Many coaches overlook this now a days and look more towards getting another W under their belt. That being said, go Cats!
[/quote]

Good.
Now...fear the horn! ;D

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1074287" timestamp="1317850215"]
[quote author=footballin link=topic=89139.msg1074266#msg1074266 date=1317848993]
[/quote]

Good.
Now...fear the horn! ;D
[/quote]
Mad cause they play with class? Or is it the fact that they put up more points against Jasper? I assure you those young men don't get scared. Sure your team looks better on paper and athletically we all know Silsbee produces some of the best athletes in SETX. But don't forget that Jasper looked better too, when OF lined up against them it looked like they had suited out OF's JH, yet they win. Just remember anything can happen and the Cats are going to fight. Keep talkin that trash and being sarcastic. Makes you look super cool bro.

[quote name="footballin" post="1074266" timestamp="1317848993"]
[/quote]

Great post man, I was one that wrote that post.  I agree with you.

[quote name="footballin" post="1074323" timestamp="1317852473"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=89139.msg1074287#msg1074287 date=1317850215]
[quote author=footballin link=topic=89139.msg1074266#msg1074266 date=1317848993]
[/quote]

Good.
Now...fear the horn! ;D
[/quote]
Mad cause they play with class? Or is it the fact that they put up more points against Jasper? I assure you those young men don't get scared. Sure your team looks better on paper and athletically we all know Silsbee produces some of the best athletes in SETX. But don't forget that Jasper looked better too, when OF lined up against them it looked like they had suited out OF's JH, yet they win. Just remember anything can happen and the Cats are going to fight. Keep talkin that trash and being sarcastic. Makes you look super cool bro.
[/quote]

They are kids man, don't let them get to you. They have no clue what we are talking about.  But they will understand someday just like we did.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1074391" timestamp="1317862280"]
[quote author=footballin link=topic=89139.msg1074323#msg1074323 date=1317852473]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=89139.msg1074287#msg1074287 date=1317850215]
[/quote]

Good.
Now...fear the horn! ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

They are kids man, don't let them get to you. They have no clue what we are talking about.  But they will understand someday just like we did.
[/quote]

If you dont think I approve of what Coach Huck has done for the town of Orangefield, you are wrong.  All you have to do is look up past posts....and you will know.  I prefer old school coaching.  When anyone can take their group of young men and take down another that is stronger, taller, faster.....they are a well coached team.  Your young men just started doing it and the sole reason is Coach Huck.

Now for the fun part....Stop being Sobbing Sammys!  :'( :'(  Get off your high horse or your conseling couch.  Stop shaving your chest and arms, and join in on a little [b]lighthearted [/b] ribbing. Its Football...football is a game that everyone can have fun.....  Players, Coaches, Fans, Parents.

I wasnt talking to your kids earlier and I knew I wasnt.  Fear the Horn!.....man I didnt know it would make grown men cry.  I wish I had been talking to the football players......at least they wouldnt have to go to counseling over it.

Life lesson....If you take everything serious....you will be planted in the ground faster than most.  Kinda like what is going to happen to your footba....nevermind.  I dont want to make ya cry again. ;D

;D= joking?

Fear the Horn!

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1074719" timestamp="1317913702"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=89139.msg1074391#msg1074391 date=1317862280]
[quote author=footballin link=topic=89139.msg1074323#msg1074323 date=1317852473]
[/quote]

Good.
Now...fear the horn! ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you dont think I approve of what Coach Huck has done for the town of Orangefield, you are wrong.  All you have to do is look up past posts....and you will know.  I prefer old school coaching.  When anyone can take their group of young men and take down another that is stronger, taller, faster.....they are a well coached team.  Your young men just started doing it and the sole reason is Coach Huck.

Now for the fun part....Stop being Sobbing Sammys!  :'( :'(  Get off your high horse or your conseling couch.  Stop shaving your chest and arms, and join in on a little [b]lighthearted [/b] ribbing. Its Football...football is a game that everyone can have fun.....  Players, Coaches, Fans, Parents.

I wasnt talking to your kids earlier and I knew I wasnt.  Fear the Horn!.....man I didnt know it would make grown men cry.  I wish I had been talking to the football players......at least they wouldnt have to go to counseling over it.

Life lesson....If you take everything serious....you will be planted in the ground faster than most.  Kinda like what is going to happen to your footba....nevermind.  I dont want to make ya cry again. ;D

;D= joking?

Fear the Horn!
[/quote]

I thought "Fear the Horn" meant going to a Lumberton game...

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1074757" timestamp="1317916615"]
Nope.  That horn hasnt made noise lately. :D
[/quote]

They've blown the horn plenty (they blow it when they score, not win).  If it was based on wins, it would have cobwebs in it....but I digress.  That's another topic for another time.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1074719" timestamp="1317913702"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=89139.msg1074391#msg1074391 date=1317862280]
[/quote]

Good.
Now...fear the horn! ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D= joking?

Fear the Horn!
[/quote]
The whole part about Coach and the team wasn't directed at you it was just elaborating on a previous post.
The part about the trash talking, doesn't bother me at all, and I can almost guarantee you couldn't make me cry. I was just pointing out how cool you look to be talking trash about a group of 15-18 year old kids. I don't believe trash talking is a part of the game, what happened to sportsmanship? Not only between the players but the fans too? I bet you are also the best coach in the stands too huh? And who said OF was even my team? I simply saw an ignorant post about a team who seems to be hated because they have been prevailing when they have been the extreme underdog. I guess as long as people are "hatin" then you must be doing something right.

[quote name="footballin" post="1074863" timestamp="1317923867"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=89139.msg1074719#msg1074719 date=1317913702]
[/quote]

Good.
Now...fear the horn! ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D= joking?

Fear the Horn!
[/quote]
The whole part about Coach and the team wasn't directed at you it was just elaborating on a previous post.
The part about the trash talking, doesn't bother me at all, and I can almost guarantee you couldn't make me cry. I was just pointing out how cool you look to be talking trash about a group of 15-18 year old kids. I don't believe trash talking is a part of the game, what happened to sportsmanship? Not only between the players but the fans too? I bet you are also the best coach in the stands too huh? And who said OF was even my team? I simply saw an ignorant post about a team who seems to be hated because they have been prevailing when they have been the extreme underdog. I guess as long as people are "hatin" then you must be doing something right.
[/quote]
Ok....keep talking off the couch.

I will make you feel better.  Dont listen the mean n nasty bullys that say Fear the Horn.  They dont know how great and kind you are. They dont know that when they are joking and being lighthearted, it makes you feel small and unwanted.  When they say "they like your coach and kids"....they dont know that you are the only one in the world that can.  There.... there.... little johnny.  You just keep telling your kids they are underdogs and no one thinks they can win but you.

I know it is you against the world and everything they say is "hatin".  They dont know the kind and gentle...you.  The person everyone likes and truly admires.          Want a cookie?

Please show me any post that I said anything bad about Orangefield or their football players. 

[size=8pt]fear the horn[/size]
Im done.

[quote name="thefourthcarminebrother" post="1074933" timestamp="1317929198"]
[quote author=dexdangerous link=topic=89139.msg1074931#msg1074931 date=1317929139]
pre-win community party 630 tonight shs highschool
[/quote]I'll see you there Dex?
[/quote]Dang Skippy!!!

[quote name="dexdangerous" post="1074934" timestamp="1317929278"]
[quote author=thefourthcarminebrother link=topic=89139.msg1074933#msg1074933 date=1317929198]
[quote author=dexdangerous link=topic=89139.msg1074931#msg1074931 date=1317929139]
pre-win community party 630 tonight shs highschool
[/quote]I'll see you there Dex?
[/quote]Dang Skippy!!!
[/quote]GS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami