Who wins?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Livingston
    • Nederland

[quote name="Trocket" post="1072108" timestamp="1317588475"]
Livingston 48
Nederland 9
Ok, who's in line to be the #1 defense after Friday, Livingston will be out to prove a point!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Didn't u predict last week that PNG would beat Ned 42-21? I'm sure you'll redeem yourself with this prediction though!  ;)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1072437" timestamp="1317620906"]
[quote author=Knoddy1 link=topic=89133.msg1072346#msg1072346 date=1317607513]
Should be a real good match up Bulldogs defense against Lions Offense, but come game time the Bulldogs will have something the Lions don't, about 9000 screeming delierous fans that will make it real hard for the Lions to hear.  They did'nt get the full benefit of the PN G fans cause the visitors stands in Livingston are so small.  Bulldogs win it..no score prediction just know that the dogs will win.
[/quote]
Maybe 9 screaming fans.. the rest just sit there like its a funeral.. of course I am being a little exaggerated but thats what it feels like. I hate having to yell at fans to get on their feet to make some noise. makes me feel like im a lunatic..
[/quote]

I must be a lunatic also because I stand and yell like a man woman.  I try to be respectful of the fan around me but sometimes I just have to be on my feet cheering and clapping.

When picking this game, I think the best thing to do is look at last years game for some comparison...that game was in Livingston, both teams have quite a few players back from that game...this has the potential to be one of the best games of the year, IMO...since Nederland is at home, I will go with the Dogs 27-24

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1072437" timestamp="1317620906"]
Should be a real good match up Bulldogs defense against Lions Offense, but come game time the Bulldogs will have something the Lions don't, about 9000 screeming delierous fans that will make it real hard for the Lions to hear.  They did'nt get the full benefit of the PN G fans cause the visitors stands in Livingston are so small.  Bulldogs win it..no score prediction just know that the dogs will win.
[/quote]
Maybe 9 screaming fans.. the rest just sit there like its a funeral.. of course I am being a little exaggerated but thats what it feels like. I hate having to yell at fans to get on their feet to make some noise. makes me feel like im a lunatic..
[/quote]Why do you feel that you must yell at people to get on thier feet and scream when they paid the same ticket price you did? Maybe they just enjoy watching the game and letting the cheerleaders lead the cheers.  Should be a great game!

[quote name="Dogfan311" post="1072884" timestamp="1317680864"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89133.msg1072863#msg1072863 date=1317678679]
[quote author=Dogfan311 link=topic=89133.msg1072853#msg1072853 date=1317678219]
Nederland in a blowout
[/quote]yea right
[/quote]

and a double blowout in baseball
[/quote]once again yea right lol

[quote name="77" post="1072871" timestamp="1317679503"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89133.msg1072437#msg1072437 date=1317620906]
[/quote]
[/quote]Why do you feel that you must yell at people to get on thier feet and scream when they paid the same ticket price you did? Maybe they just enjoy watching the game and letting the cheerleaders lead the cheers.  Should be a great game!
[/quote]
Then they can stay at home and watch the replay on tv. We are there for the players, not for ourselves. As a former player, believe me, it makes a difference when your fans are loud. Our cheerleaders don't know when to cheer. There are a few of us in the stands that start the DEFENSE chant on third or fourth down and the cheerleaders join in after we start it. Also, they seem to always want to do cheers while we are on offense. Especially the two bits-four bits. That's the worse time for us to cheer. Not their faults, I don't expect them to know everything about football.  But that's why the few of us in the stands start getting loud at certain points of the game... We are there for the football team. Not to watch halftime or anything else.. I'm sure some will take that the wrong way but I'm not going to explain what I mean. If you don't get the point then that's your issue. Way off topic so let me get it back on track. Our receivers are going to need to step up big this week. I would like to see Kimler more invovled. Kids an athlete...

The good news is we have seen their offense a couple of weeks ago... The bad news is they are faster than the team that was running it.  Nederland has to play mistake free football to have a chance.  No blown assignments, no missed tackles and no penalties.  Offense is going to have to step up.  I thought field position played a big part in the MCM, we are going to need that again this week.  As long as we make them play on a long field and the defense doesnt give up big plays, Nederland Can win.  It also helps to score more points than they do...lol.

Because this team responds to challenges. This bragging about being the #1 defense who will stop the #1 Offense is all needed to motivate this group of kids. I believe that not only will they break down Nederland defense, they will shut down their Offense too. That's just one thing that will motivate them come Friday, the other thing is they are on a mission and Nederland happens to be one of their targets, but that's just the way I see it. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="rjones7696" post="1072998" timestamp="1317691458"]
watched the vidor vs nederland game today and imo nederlands going to have a lot of trouble with the speed and how physical liv running backs are.if ned cannot get the passing game going could be a long night
[/quote]
Thats a good point. No offense to Nederland. They beat us fair and square and yall did almost shut us down but remember we did come back and we did make it a game that was down to the wire and we were without our speed guy in David Bolinger yet we still stuck it in there. IMO Livingston has perfected the Slot T and they have a lot of weapons that can run. More than Vidor has. Yall will have to step it up big time in order to shut down that run game. And if and when yall do shut down there run game look out for the pass because even though the Slot T offense doesn't pass much they do have a few pass plays and they will turn into big TD's if yall stack the box too much and let a tight end of a tailback pass your secondary. But i still keep my prediction that the Nederland Defense will find a way to stop that offense. Even though i picked livingston to win in the pickems i still hope for an upset. Go get em Dogs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83