Hardin Jefferson Football

BADSANTA

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1069184" timestamp="1317340701"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89031.msg1069174#msg1069174 date=1317339838]
District is a week away. Can they make a run for the playoffs? [b]I  think they can beat Orangefield, HF, and with some luck BC.[/b]
[/quote]

Based on what?
[/quote]

Splendora  ;D

Guest jettyman
I am going to be honest with my assessment but in the meanwhile try to remain positive.  I have mentioned this before but here goes again, HJ is very thin at all positions to say the least. With the end of the grading period approaching it looks as if several experienced players will lose elgibility, adding to the depth problem.  This will result with the potential of up to 4 freshmen seeing significant action on friday night.  At this time HJ only has 12 seniors on the team, therefore, to say the Hawks are young is an under statement.  In addition to depth issues changes have been made in the coaching ranks which could produce a positive or negative outcome.  That remains to be seen.  Before speculation arises no one was fired but some staff shifting has occured.  I know from past coaching experiences that breaking the mold of losing is a very difficult trend to extinguish.  I have watched a many of Hawk football games in the past four and seen first hand how the cancer (losing) effects the team and fans.  The first sign of adversity completely changes the attitudes and atmosphere of the Hawk nation. The ole here we go again syndrome appears and negativity arises from all angles.  In order to acheive success you must believe in yourself and the people around you.  In conclusion winning games is a by product of many factors which not one person can make this happen. Leave your heart on the field and you will be victorious no matter what the scoreboard illuminates.

Very well said Jettyyman.  Being accustomed to losing for years in a sport can span generations.  Programs who have been te dark horse in a district for years will have a giant mountain to climb to get out.  It takes heart, pride, and. Community to support them.      So many others are negative and enjoy pushing the others down.  The entire se tx community should get behind every school and support S E Texas athletes across the board.  Good Luck HJ

[quote name="jettyman" post="1070825" timestamp="1317467381"]
I am going to be honest with my assessment but in the meanwhile try to remain positive.  I have mentioned this before but here goes again, HJ is very thin at all positions to say the least. With the end of the grading period approaching it looks as if several experienced players will lose elgibility, adding to the depth problem.  This will result with the potential of up to 4 freshmen seeing significant action on friday night.  At this time HJ only has 12 seniors on the team, therefore, to say the Hawks are young is an under statement.  In addition to depth issues changes have been made in the coaching ranks which could produce a positive or negative outcome.  That remains to be seen.  Before speculation arises no one was fired but some staff shifting has occured.  I know from past coaching experiences that breaking the mold of losing is a very difficult trend to extinguish.  I have watched a many of Hawk football games in the past four and seen first hand how the cancer (losing) effects the team and fans.  The first sign of adversity completely changes the attitudes and atmosphere of the Hawk nation. The ole here we go again syndrome appears and negativity arises from all angles.  In order to acheive success you must believe in yourself and the people around you.  In conclusion winning games is a by product of many factors which not one person can make this happen. Leave your heart on the field and you will be victorious no matter what the scoreboard illuminates.
[/quote] Time for coaching change

Sorry to say this but even if HJ was in 2A Division I this year they still wouldn't make the playoffs.  They have already lost to two teams in that Division by 20 plus points in both games.. EC & Anahuac.  I doubt they could beat Woodville, Buna or Newton.  They are going to have to keep some kids interested in playing in high school.  They have decent teams in the lower levels..

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1071552" timestamp="1317519646"]
HJ Football will rise up again soon and contend for a playoff spot. It may have to be in 2A but one day.
[/quote]

Maybe I am mistaken but isn't H-J a middle to large sized 3A? Has attendance changed much recently? Whats the latest number?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami