Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1067539" timestamp="1317143539"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=88850.msg1067043#msg1067043 date=1317082834]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=88850.msg1066853#msg1066853 date=1317068966]
If zellars is qb Lee 36 hill 28
if Scott is qb Lee 30 hill 28
If Richardson is qb Lee 29 hill 28
[/quote]

Wanna make a t-shirt bet on that one?  Lee won't be within 10 points at the end of this one.
[/quote]

WITHIN 10 PTs OF 0  IM IN WHAT YOU GOT IN MIND  ;) ;D ;D
[/quote]

If the final score is less than a 10 point margin of victory.  Winner picks and buys the loser a t-shirt to wear at the losers first playoff game.  Have to have a picture of loser wearing t-shirt at the game.  Can't be vulgar though, it is a kids event, after all.... ;) ;)

[quote name="bh15" post="1068001" timestamp="1317173572"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=88850.msg1067925#msg1067925 date=1317167669]
Its amazing how a 21 14 ball game is going to be 42 7 to 35 7 bhill win. I don't see it. Other than Sterling, Lee has played a harder schedule than BHill.
[/quote]You have got to be kidding about the harder schedule. You really think Lee has played tougher teams than Nederland and Dayton? Really........? :o
[/quote]rosenberg terry prob better than dayton  although they did beat lee look what terry has been doing to their oppenents and I think you will agree they are undefeated and beat lamarque which is never easy.

Lee will bring it I bet after a uplift of confidence beating Crosby.Crosby had 400+ rushing yds to Lee's 300+ pass yds.This will be Lee's big game moment,a chance to move to the top of 19-4a and be in the drivers seat themselves.BH defense is really good but if Lee can make some stops in good field position they may have a chance.I like BH to win by a cpl tds but last week proves anything can happen on a fri.night.The pressure is on BH to play well away.Can Lee hang for 4 qtrs is the deal.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1068134" timestamp="1317197496"]
Nah....I had moved off and when I came back we settled in BH.....my son attends BH.....no way I was moving into GCCISD....not a chance.
[/quote]

Eagle07 not a BH grad, either. Don't even live there. Son played ball and graduated from BH.
On topic...BH 28 Lee 13

Lee needs Barbers Hill to turn it over 3 or 4 times I do believe.
I can't think of any other scenario where Lee stops them.  I don't see them forcing many punts, unless you get a guy slip down on first down, then maybe a hold on second down to put them in 2nd and 20.  Some stuff like that will need to happen.  If Barbers Hill just plays mistake free on offense, then Lee won't stop them much if at all.

Lee needs to quit fiddlin around with all of the horizontal passing game.  Go over the top to Richardson and Landry, assuming Scott or Zellars is back at qb.  Richardson and Landry will go up and take the ball from the opponent more times than not.

Take the game away from being a battle of execution and precision and turn it into individual matchups between athletes one on one on an island.  That's where Lee can make their hay.  They aren't going to out-execute anyone by any stretch.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1068020" timestamp="1317175678"]
I don't really think t will matter one way or the other, but Lee has played much more difficult teams.  LaPorte is a legitimate 5A playoff threat and Terry beat LaMarque.

Now, Lee got plastered by both of those teams, so take it for what it's worth.
Just cus the Ganders played them, don't mean it did them any good.
Saw La Porte play Atascocita earlier this season.  La Porte did not look their usual strong.  May have just been an off night...[/quote]

LP beat them 26-7 and outgained them 337-73 in total yards according to the Chronicle.

Sounds like a pretty good whoopin to me.

I have little doubt that LP would steamroll through to an undefeated district championship if they were in 19-4A.
Rosenberg Terry, as has been mentioned, is state ranked. 

If anything, Crosby has played the most difficult schedule, with PNG, Montgomery and Dawson.
Montgomery and Dawson being similar in stature to LaPorte and Terry.  And of course PNG being light years ahead of Sterling.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="ragarm55" post="1068233" timestamp="1317220976"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=88850.msg1068020#msg1068020 date=1317175678]
I don't really think t will matter one way or the other, but Lee has played much more difficult teams.  LaPorte is a legitimate 5A playoff threat and Terry beat LaMarque.

Now, Lee got plastered by both of those teams, so take it for what it's worth.
Just cus the Ganders played them, don't mean it did them any good.

[/quote]
Saw La Porte play Atascocita earlier this season.  La Porte did not look their usual strong.  May have just been an off night[/quote]

The same analysis could be made for Dayton.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1068242" timestamp="1317222000"]
LP beat them 26-7 and outgained them 337-73 in total yards according to the Chronicle.

Sounds like a pretty good whoopin to me.

I have little doubt that LP would steamroll through to an undefeated district championship if they were in 19-4A.
Rosenberg Terry, as has been mentioned, is state ranked. 

If anything, Crosby has played the most difficult schedule, with PNG, Montgomery and Dawson.
Montgomery and Dawson being similar in stature to LaPorte and Terry.  And of course PNG being light years ahead of Sterling.

[/quote]I only took in the quality of that night's opponent and I believe that at the half, it was still anyone's game.  Maybe LaPorte was just playing down to the opponent's level.  JMO...

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1068177" timestamp="1317215944"]
[b]Lee needs Barbers Hill to turn it over 3 or 4 times [/b] I do believe.
I can't think of any other scenario where Lee stops them.  I don't see them forcing many punts, unless you get a guy slip down on first down, then maybe a hold on second down to put them in 2nd and 20.  Some stuff like that will need to happen.  If Barbers Hill just plays mistake free on offense, then Lee won't stop them much if at all.

Lee needs to quit fiddlin around with all of the horizontal passing game.  Go over the top to Richardson and Landry, assuming Scott or Zellars is back at qb.  Richardson and Landry will go up and take the ball from the opponent more times than not.

Take the game away from being a battle of execution and precision and turn it into individual matchups between athletes one on one on an island.  That's where Lee can make their hay.  They aren't going to out-execute anyone by any stretch.
[/quote]

That shouldn't be a problem know BH has turned the ball over at least 3 times the past two games :'( IF BH ever plays a perfect game I think it will be ugly for the other team. We left at lest 11 points on the field against Lee and I would say 2-3 TD's against Nederland. If BH hope to do anything this year in the playoffs the fumbling has to stop!

Lee is going to be better during district! Being 2-2 with the schedule Lee has hade isn't too shabby. Beating Crosby is/was the Ganders first step in reaching the playoffs and I think you guys will get the 3 or 4 spot! Looking at your stats you are running a balanced attack almost matching your passing and rushing yards and it looks like you are getting plenty of Offense to beat most teams in this district. Can't wait till Friday I think this will be a good game and will again test BH's secondary!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1068838" timestamp="1317306235"]
Lee is going to be better during district! Being 2-2 with the schedule Lee has hade isn't too shabby. Beating Crosby is/was the Ganders first step in reaching the playoffs and I think you guys will get the 3 or 4 spot! Looking at your stats you are running a balanced attack almost matching your passing and rushing yards and it looks like you are getting plenty of Offense to beat most teams in this district. Can't wait till Friday I think this will be a good game and will again test BH's secondary!
[/quote]

Now that is a good looking GANDER!!!!! :) What are you serving with it and when???? Tailgating some Gander or post Game Gander with a cool beverage???? ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder