Galena Park @ Dayton Predictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knightrider

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1068632" timestamp="1317259165"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=88832.msg1068569#msg1068569 date=1317253040]
I'm sure Dayton will bring home the win this week for a number of reasons.  However; less than 2 weeks ago Dayton's team was better than last year's team as per a number of Dayton followers posted.  Here are but two I was able to quickly find after reading this thread:

“My piont is that Dayton is stronger than last year and should do as well, if not better, than last year.”  - Oldrock

“From someone that has seen Dayton last year and this year, I believe Dayton is better this year.” – ATWILDCAT

Now it seems as though many of the Dayton faithful doesn't think so highly.  Is it just because a [b]much improved[/b] BH team won last Friday.  Or is it because the sucky Hill that hasn't played anybody this year beat them?  I'm not trying to stir the pot because I really, really like the Dayton program and think they have been the model program in SETX for the better half of the last 2 decades.  It just seems that some of you now think they're not very good.  Remember, you manhandled Ike and I really don't think GP is anywhere near Ike.  I'm just trying to figure out the real reason some of you are now down on your guys.
[/quote]our defense is why I think where in trouble and I think bh is a descent team but dayton is giving up more yds and points than I have ever seen. Coming into the bh game I had seen yall play lumbrton and really struggle to score same thing against ned and then come out and put like 400yds and 31 points on us it wouldnt matter to me if we would have won I would still say we have problems
[/quote]

Bronco Pride...why you so negative?  The defense has some bright spots and as always adjustments will be made.  You're forgetting that we lost a lot on the Defensive Line and at the LB position. This is why the broncs had trouble with BH and Angleton (run heavy offenses) These kids need a few more games to gel on defense and learn how to play together. So quit trippin and give it some time.

So, let's win our way into the playoffs and see what we've got as we face increasingly difficult opponents.  That's what makes Dayton Bronco Football so much fun to watch.

and now....back to my shante.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos need to improve the run defense to be better than last yr.2010 allow 137.9 per gm-2011 allow 239 yd per game and the big yds.coming off the corners not between the tackles.We'll be ok in the secondary.Need help @ LB spot w/some speed.Maybe JD could play there some.It seems 3rd dwn is where the big outside runs have come from on Dayt.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1068632" timestamp="1317259165"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=88832.msg1068569#msg1068569 date=1317253040]
I'm sure Dayton will bring home the win this week for a number of reasons.  However; less than 2 weeks ago Dayton's team was better than last year's team as per a number of Dayton followers posted.  Here are but two I was able to quickly find after reading this thread:

“My piont is that Dayton is stronger than last year and should do as well, if not better, than last year.”  - Oldrock

“From someone that has seen Dayton last year and this year, I believe Dayton is better this year.” – ATWILDCAT

Now it seems as though many of the Dayton faithful doesn't think so highly.  Is it just because a [b]much improved[/b] BH team won last Friday.  Or is it because the sucky Hill that hasn't played anybody this year beat them?  I'm not trying to stir the pot because I really, really like the Dayton program and think they gave been the model program in SETX for the better half of the last 2 decades.  It just seems that some of you now think they're not very good.  Remember, you manhandled Ike and I really don't think GP is anywhere near Ike.  I'm just trying to figure out the real reason some of you are now down on your guys.
[/quote]our defense is why I think where in trouble and I think bh is a descent team but dayton is giving up more yds and points than I have ever seen. Coming into the bh game I had seen yall play lumbrton and really struggle to score same thing against ned and then come out and put like 400yds and 31 points on us it wouldnt matter to me if we would have won I would still say we have problems. Whoever said we would be better this year just wasnt thinking clearly we lost 3 kids that are all playing d1 our leading tackler and the offensive mvp of district 19 4a still hasnt recovered from his injury. Love bronx as much as anyone but this team is nothing like last years
[/quote]

Thank you, bronco pride for an honest, well -thought out answer. Frankly, I was thinking the same thing Eagle82 posted.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1069508" timestamp="1317390647"]
Man sure is quiet broncos hope we have a good crowd tonight the kids are going to need it. [b]Gp will have a better offense [/b] than bh so I hope we had a good week at practice. I didnt realize it but gp has 3 d1prospects 2 on the offensive side. Still say 42 to 35 bronx
[/quote]

I'm kinda on the fence with that one.... I think they'll be more athletic, but I'm not sure the execution will be at the level bh is.... plenty of good athletes at GP though. so i kinda wonder how that will balance out.

I think we'll see some nice improvement on D tonight. It's definitely quiet though. It seems everyone is uncertain all of the sudden.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1069517" timestamp="1317391525"]
talk was made bout personnel changes were being made on the defense, anyone know who/what they were?
[/quote]

Was this on the Dan Hooks recruiting web site or billboard?  ;D

I would like to see this game, just to see what GP has to offer.  GP has one of the better running backs in the area and last year they rarely used him.  They try very hard to throw the ball when they shoul dbe running it.  Lukily their two big D-ends graduated.  They could be a playoff team if coached right. 

GP rb Terrance Crowder had 16 tds/1,360 rushing yds last yr.and the Yellowjackets didn't run him often as they should have.I don't know if he got hurt in gm #1 but he only shows up in the dist stats column as having 26 yds in that gm.Dayton just has to play their game and finish drives on 3rd down.According to Coach Woods on the coaches show 99.9 we've got a few more healthy on defense and made a few ajustments.Stated GP is a spread offense that likes to throw often and pretty good at it.

[quote name="SFA85" post="1065959" timestamp="1316978243"]
Once upon a time, I witnessed a GP team beating Dayton in OT.  Imma go against the grain and take the Jackets.....
[/quote]

I was a part of that team starting as a sophomore. Dayton refused to shake our hands after that game and therefore i lost respect for them. Dayton is good but I don't think they are where they were a couple years ago. I see a close game that can go either way

GP's stats just about match Daytons and Dayton has the tougher schedule. Neither of these teams are putting up very good defensive numbers, so I'm thinking this will be a barn burner!!!! I think Dayton will end up out scoring GP having a slight edge on D. My new prediction is!!

Dayton 48
GP 32

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1069674" timestamp="1317403028"]
I see Dayton returning to their winning ways at home tonight. The questions is how will they go about it. A team has a tendancy to take on the personality of the head coach. I don't know Mr. Hancock, but I hope he is mean, nasty, and very angry about last weeks loss!

Broncos 38
GP 14
[/quote]

Not a bad prediction there Hawkeye  ;)

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1073005" timestamp="1317691938"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=88832.msg1072987#msg1072987 date=1317690183]
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/dayton/sports/dayton-stings-galena-park/article_965e6522-b1ee-5e26-9575-5713b05247f4.html
[/quote]
Good article. Great pics! ;)
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="1073011" timestamp="1317692352"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=88832.msg1073005#msg1073005 date=1317691938]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=88832.msg1072987#msg1072987 date=1317690183]
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/dayton/sports/dayton-stings-galena-park/article_965e6522-b1ee-5e26-9575-5713b05247f4.html
[/quote]
Good article. Great pics! ;)
[/quote] ;D
[/quote] ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami