Dayton vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/THE HILL WINS 31-24!!!!!!!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Jeepz" post="1064900" timestamp="1316872631"]
BH was picking up some key blocks in the backfield, I would see a dayton guy in a great position to make a tackle, and boom knocked out of the picture, great blocking was another reason BH won, Coach Gage gets a game ball for a really good game plan.
[/quote]

Ditto. Excellent job by the BH coaching staff.

Someone mentioned at the game last night that 3 of the 4 LB's for BH had older siblings that starred at LB for BH in years past. As for the fourth one well it would be a dog fight between those older brothers for the right to claim him as a sibling.  Well it looks like the tradition has been carried through. Great job Eagles and Coach Gage and crew. What a game.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all that honestly was one of the best high school football games I've seen/played in.  Goodness gracious both sides came out laying the wood and I couldn't be more proud of the Eagles for being the last ones standing.  The defense hadn't come within 10 miles of being tested like that thus far this year.  The LBs kept it going and grew stronger as a unit last night.  The looked like a wrecking crew out there throwing bombs.  One thing that we were needing and finally got last night was solid cornerback play.  They made a ton of tackles last night and were tested OFTEN....hats off to them for stepping up last night in coverage and in the run. 

I don't think Dayton has anything to worry about...we all know they will be taking part in the playoffs and still be a FORCE.  This can actually be called a rivalry now.  It's not officially a rivalry until both teams win one  ;D  Hats off to the Dayton posters for being classy and not making this an excuse-fest.  I have the utmost respect for yall's team and now for yall's fans/posters.  Losing with grace is more impressive sometimes than winning without class. (Hat being tipped)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1064659" timestamp="1316838080"]
[quote author=FOOTBALLFEVER99 link=topic=88746.msg1064623#msg1064623 date=1316837224]
Nice win by BH.. I predicted BH 24 Dayton 17...Shoud have given them each one more TD,,,BH willl definitely make a [b]little[/b] noise in the playoffs..Offense can move the ball and defense is solid..Nice job by the kids and BH coaching staff.
[/quote]

Little noise is right...  Guess who's lined up to to play Brenham in the 2nd round now!  ;)
[/quote]

If they get past the 1st round!

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1065035" timestamp="1316882537"]
All in all that honestly was one of the best high school football games I've seen/played in.  Goodness gracious both sides came out laying the wood and I couldn't be more proud of the Eagles for being the last ones standing.  The defense hadn't come within 10 miles of being tested like that thus far this year.  The LBs kept it going and grew stronger as a unit last night.  The looked like a wrecking crew out there throwing bombs.  One thing that we were needing and finally got last night was solid cornerback play.  They made a ton of tackles last night and were tested OFTEN....hats off to them for stepping up last night in coverage and in the run. 

I don't think Dayton has anything to worry about...we all know they will be taking part in the playoffs and still be a FORCE.  This can actually be called a rivalry now.  It's not officially a rivalry until both teams win one  ;D  [b]Hats off to the Dayton posters for being classy and not making this an excuse-fest.  I have the utmost respect for yall's team and now for yall's fans/posters.  Losing with grace is more impressive sometimes than winning without class.[/b] (Hat being tipped)
[/quote] It's called being humbled.... Which something alot of teams/fans lack when they lose. Thanks for the respect. That is another thing some teams/fans lack. It was by far one of the most exciting games I have seen in a LONG time. Congrats again to BH.

[quote name="#5 fever" post="1064159" timestamp="1316830966"]
[b]The hill sucks just playing on emotions from the last years lost. [s][u][i]Dayton wins in the end.[/i][/u][/s][/b]
[/quote]

I bet the crow on this one taste really really bad..... I sure hope you have a lot of BBQ sauce or Tabasco to help wash it down..... HAHAHAHA

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1064659" timestamp="1316838080"]
[quote author=FOOTBALLFEVER99 link=topic=88746.msg1064623#msg1064623 date=1316837224]
Nice win by BH.. I predicted BH 24 Dayton 17...Shoud have given them each one more TD,,,BH willl definitely make a [b]little[/b] noise in the playoffs..Offense can move the ball and defense is solid..Nice job by the kids and BH coaching staff.
[/quote]

Little noise is right...  Guess who's lined up to to play Brenham in the 2nd round now!  ;)
[/quote]

I don't know what was better, hearing you giggle when I called with updates or hear Liltex moan.... ;D ;D ;D  So, looks like BH is in control of their own district destiny.  If BH wins district I just hope we don't get Livingston.  We are close enough to Kingwood Park that we should be ok against the cubs....... ;D ;D ;D

Houston Chronicle Box Score

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 31, Dayton 24 - Final

Dayton

Overall: 2-2

District: 0-1

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill

Overall: 4-0

District: 1-0

Team Stats

Dayton/Barbers Hill

Total yards

364 (Dayton)

379 (BH)

First downs

19 (Dayton)

12 (BH)

Rushes/Yds

37/152 (Dayton)

36/247 (BH)

Average rush

4.11 (Dayton)

6.86 (BH)

Comp/Atts

25/35/1 (ayton)

8/11/0 (BH)

Pass yards

212 (Dayton)

132 (BH)

Comp pct

71.43 (Dayton)

72.73 (BH)

Punts

3 (Dayton)

2 (BH)

Punting Yards

138 (Dayton)

76 (BH)

Punting Average

46 (Dayton)

38 (BH)

Fumbles/Lost

1/0 (Dayton)

4/3 (BH)

Penalties-yards

5-55 (Dayton)

1-5 (BH)

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1065213" timestamp="1316893610"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=88746.msg1065188#msg1065188 date=1316891395]
I still can't quit laughing about the outcome of this game.

GREAT JOB EAGLES!!!!!!
[/quote]You won't be laughing when you get BH in the first round !How did PNG fair agaist Livingston !
[/quote]
Yea we lost to a good Livingston team. Had our chances but the D slipped up a bit. Hope we can improve on that side of the ball a bit. If so that would be a great 1st round matchup in the play-offs. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the year!

[quote name="Jeepz" post="1064900" timestamp="1316872631"]
[b]BH was picking up some key blocks in the backfield[/b], I would see a dayton guy in a great position to make a tackle, and boom knocked out of the picture, great blocking was another reason BH won, Coach Gage gets a game ball for a really good game plan.
[/quote]
  Every RB had a convoy with em and would run smooth over anything in their path.

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1065035" timestamp="1316882537"]

I don't think Dayton has anything to worry about...we all know they will be taking part in the playoffs and still be a FORCE.  This can actually be called a rivalry now.  It's not officially a rivalry until both teams win one  ;D  Hats off to the Dayton posters for being classy and not making this an excuse-fest.  I have the utmost respect for yall's team and now for yall's fans/posters.  Losing with grace is more impressive sometimes than winning without class. (Hat being tipped)
[/quote]
WELL PUT  I GUESS WE JUST GONNA HAVE TO SETTLE WITH SPANKIN CROS THIS YEAR ;D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1065213" timestamp="1316893610"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=88746.msg1065188#msg1065188 date=1316891395]
I still can't quit laughing about the outcome of this game.

GREAT JOB EAGLES!!!!!!
[/quote]You won't be laughing when you get BH in the first round !How did PNG fair agaist Livingston !
[/quote]

And that got BH where the past 2 years in the playoffs?

Thanks JJ for sending me play by play updates while in Memphis.SMU 42-0 (7 1st dwns Memphis,minus 14 yds rushing.SMU w/500 + tot yds.D Wright played nose 2-3-4th qtr and did great.Missed my Broncos but in heart still w/them.#44 LB Reed from West brook is a stud for da Mustangs 8) 8)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1067096" timestamp="1317086671"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=88746.msg1066422#msg1066422 date=1317016867]
In reality I gotta re-live this game all dang year @my house ;D
[/q ;)uote]

You can't even o out in the middle of the gulf of mexico and  get away from this one........... ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

Smoing Baby, you deserve Cohiba after that win!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83