PORT NECHES-GROVES VS. LIVINGSTON/ Livingston wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="lions_pride" post="1064926" timestamp="1316874736"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=88667.msg1064766#msg1064766 date=1316845181]
I tip my hat to PNG players they really played hard tonight. Also their coach out coached Livingston coach, who almost gave the game away, by taking Collins off of # 4 who he had shut down most of the night and putting # 15 on him. I called that TD before it happen. PNG has a very smart coach who saw it and took advantage of it, then caught the coaching staff of Livingston by surprise with the onside kick. Everyone in the stadium knew except Livingston coaches. With that kind of coaching and the way the players of PNG are playing hard every down, I still say they will make the playoffs. Teams had better bring their A game to bet this team. Without a doubt they w
ere the best team we have played all year. Good Luck with the rest of your season PNG!! Hope we don't have to play you all again this year. :) :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]
Yes number 14 had 4 locked down all night. When the touchdown was made he was double covered and just made a nice grab. How about we take that into consideratiom
[/quote] 
The better team won tonight, but #14 didn't shut down #4. He had ANOTHER touchdown against #14 called back on a questionable holding call. Listening to the PA announcer was like watching an episode of the Reba show and I think Stevie Wonder was operating the game clock. BUT, like I said the better team won. Hopefully the Lions can develope a passing game before playoffs, they will need it come 2nd or 3rd.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1064830" timestamp="1316867753"]
Remember this...png...is still png... I wouldn't count these young men out of anything, once they get the swing of things, which sounds like it just happened, they will still make a push!
[/quote]I agree, I feel for the rest of 20=4A that has to play them.

[quote name="lions_pride" post="1064926" timestamp="1316874736"]
I tip my hat to PNG players they really played hard tonight. Also their coach out coached Livingston coach, who almost gave the game away, by taking Collins off of # 4 who he had shut down most of the night and putting # 15 on him. I called that TD before it happen. PNG has a very smart coach who saw it and took advantage of it, then caught the coaching staff of Livingston by surprise with the onside kick. Everyone in the stadium knew except Livingston coaches. With that kind of coaching and the way the players of PNG are playing hard every down, I still say they will make the playoffs. Teams had better bring their A game to bet this team. Without a doubt they w
ere the best team we have played all year. Good Luck with the rest of your season PNG!! Hope we don't have to play you all again this year. :) :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]
Yes number 14 had 4 locked down all night. When the touchdown was made he was double covered and just made a nice grab. How about we take that into consideratiom
[/quote]I said (most) of the night, because you can't stop a player like this kid all the time. He's the best WR I've seen so for this year, 4A or 5A, if there is anyone better I've yet to see him. I'm not saying there aren't others, but he's the best I've seen so far.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1064952" timestamp="1316876521"]
[quote author=lions_pride link=topic=88667.msg1064926#msg1064926 date=1316874736]
[/quote]
[/quote] 
The better team won tonight, but #14 didn't shut down #4. He had ANOTHER touchdown against #14 called back on a questionable holding call. Listening to the PA announcer was like watching an episode of the Reba show and I think Stevie Wonder was operating the game clock. BUT, like I said the better team won. Hopefully the Lions can develope a passing game before playoffs, they will need it come 2nd or 3rd.
[/quote]Like you said the better team won, but like I said you should be proud of your team and coach. Get over it, and get ready for next week, you will still make the playoffs, because it ain;t over till it's over!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1064993" timestamp="1316879004"]
#4 is Jayce Nelson. That kid has made some incredible catches. His hands are like a magnet for the football.
[/quote]Well, I think Mr. Nelson will someday play some Sunday games if he avoid injuries, love to have on my team!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I was there last night. It was a fun game to watch and very exciting. Hats off to the PNG faithful for turning out in droves. With that said, I was a little mystified at some of the pregame theatrics on the PNG side of the field. The PNG coach seemingly waited until the last minute to bring his team out of the locker. And the whole deal with the Indian mascot dancing on the 50 yard line of the other teams field was definitely bush league. It reminded me of the time Terrell Owens did his dance on the Cowboys star at Texas Stadium when he was with the 49ers. No class! Newsflash: all that does is motivate the other team! Oddly enough, the line shows PNG had more penalty yards than Livingston.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1064687" timestamp="1316839438"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=88667.msg1064462#msg1064462 date=1316834244]
Lions running the Slot-T exclusively or do they have some spread O mixed in?
[/quote]

0 passing yards on only 1 attempt according to the stats for Livingston.  I guess if you are getting 7+ yards a carry you don't need a passing game.  It will be interesting to see if any defense in the district can slow their running game down.
[/quote] The score doesn't tell the true story. By not going to their passing offense was only respect for this PNG team. They had to stay with their old stuff, because this team was dangerous. They will use their passing, when they do, it will be saying it's practice time for the playoffs. They can pass pretty decent, but it's still a working project for the playoffs. Any team they don't fear, they will come out passing. This PNG team is not a team you can play around with. :) :) :) :) :) :)

[quote name="Astros2009" post="1065092" timestamp="1316884921"]
I was there last night. It was a fun game to watch and very exciting. Hats off to the PNG faithful for turning out in droves. With that said, I was a little mystified at some of the pregame theatrics on the PNG side of the field. The PNG coach seemingly waited until the last minute to bring his team out of the locker. And the whole deal with the Indian mascot dancing on the 50 yard line of the other teams field was definitely bush league. It reminded me of the time Terrell Owens did his dance on the Cowboys star at Texas Stadium when he was with the 49ers. No class! Newsflash: all that does is motivate the other team! Oddly enough, the line shows PNG had more penalty yards than Livingston.
[/quote]

That is a PN-G tradition. The Indian Spirit has always danced on the 50 yard line at every game, regardless of where that game is played. Normally, it's the only way all of the PN-G faithful can see him.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1065011" timestamp="1316880660"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=88667.msg1064993#msg1064993 date=1316879004]
#4 is Jayce Nelson. That kid has made some incredible catches. His hands are like a magnet for the football.
[/quote]Well, I think Mr. Nelson will someday play some Sunday games if he avoid injuries, love to have on my team!!! :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]

Agreed. And congratulations to Livingston on a heck of a game. There's a reason the Lions are picked to take the title.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1065103" timestamp="1316885466"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=88667.msg1064687#msg1064687 date=1316839438]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=88667.msg1064462#msg1064462 date=1316834244]
[/quote]

0 passing yards on only 1 attempt according to the stats for Livingston.  I guess if you are getting 7+ yards a carry you don't need a passing game.  It will be interesting to see if any defense in the district can slow their running game down.
[/quote] The score doesn't tell the true story. By not going to their passing offense was only respect for this PNG team. They had to stay with their old stuff, because this team was dangerous. They will use their passing, when they do, it will be saying it's practice time for the playoffs. They can pass pretty decent, but it's still a working project for the playoffs. Any team they don't fear, they will come out passing. This PNG team is not a team you can play around with. :) :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]
There was no reason for Livingston to pass. This year is not a typical defense for PNG. We have a good pass defense  and a run defense still making adjustments and struggling some . Last night , you have to give credit to Livingston's very good running game also. Livingston's coach did what I would have done . With that being said we are ahead of where we were last year at this time , and still managed to play longer than most of the teams that beat us early. This is a different district this year and every week will be a major battle for every team. I don't feel there are any gimme's for any team.

No doubt, Livingston did what they needed to do last night and came away with an important win.  Congratulations to the Lions- they proved to be the better team. 

NDN's still need to work on defense.  We have an uphill battle this year and will be tested at every turn with our district opponents. No doubt, Faircloth will have these boys ready next week and in the coming weeks. I think it's going to be interesting this year.

And yes, the Indian mascot has been dancing on the 50 yard line at each and every game for many years. I don't know how that equates to "no class" - but, to each his own.

The problem with our defense is we cannot contain the corners and our offense can't run on the corners. I love Bertrand, but he has no corner speed and if you cannot run the corners you cannot open the middle of the line. We have 2 running backs in Womack and Arvie who have corner speed and they stand on the side line all game long.

i thought i would see more screen passing from png #28 had some key catches for yall not the fastest guy but seemed to be open a lot. thought liv tomahawk chop on kick offs was bush league if that something u do all the time ok but first time i have ever seen them do it and i have been to a lot of games. 

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1065146" timestamp="1316888464"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=88667.msg1065103#msg1065103 date=1316885466]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=88667.msg1064687#msg1064687 date=1316839438]
[/quote]I agree, but that was the best defensive line we have played against this year.

[/quote]
There was no reason for Livingston to pass. This year is not a typical defense for PNG. We have a good pass defense  and a run defense still making adjustments and struggling some . Last night , you have to give credit to Livingston's very good running game also. Livingston's coach did what I would have done . With that being said we are ahead of where we were last year at this time , and still managed to play longer than most of the teams that beat us early. This is a different district this year and every week will be a major battle for every team. I don't feel there are any gimme's for any team.
[/quote]

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1065104" timestamp="1316885654"]
[quote author=Astros2009 link=topic=88667.msg1065092#msg1065092 date=1316884921]
[/quote]

That is a PN-G tradition. The Indian Spirit has always danced on the 50 yard line at every game, regardless of where that game is played. Normally, it's the only way all of the PN-G faithful can see him.
[/quote]Thats why that Bear beat him up a few years back!

[quote name="77" post="1065298" timestamp="1316901398"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=88667.msg1065104#msg1065104 date=1316885654]
[quote author=Astros2009 link=topic=88667.msg1065092#msg1065092 date=1316884921]
[/quote]

[/quote]Thats why that Bear beat him up a few years back!
[/quote]

Really? Because I thought it had more to do with the fact that LC-M is tired of losing to PN-G in just about everything. ;D

I agree with PNGFan when he said  "The problem with our defense is we cannot contain the corners and our offense can't run on the corners. I love Bertrand, but he has no corner speed and if you cannot run the corners you cannot open the middle of the line. We have 2 running backs in Womack and Arvie who have corner speed and they stand on the side line all game long."

My question to Coach Faircloth is "If Bertrand is not getting the job done (as in the game last night), why not give Arvie and Womack a chance"?  Bertrand was very good last year, but he had probably the best Offensive Line that PNG has ever had.  Those 5 guys were awesome and they played a major part in Bertrand's success last year.  Nicotre #70 (Left Tackle) -- the only remaining starter from that line is doing a terrific job this year. 

Trocket - thanks for the good sportsmanship. This was a great game in a great atmosphere. I think I prefer watching a game at Livingston over just about anywhere. Such closeness to everything. I'm upset that we lost, but we lost the turnover battle and you cannot do that against a very good team. I was very impressed with the execution by Livingston. Our defense played pretty well, but you have to have a big strong defensive player that is able to bust up the wall that is coming at you. like one of the schexnider boys who just graduated. Also a stat that says a lot 0 punts. I'm proud of the PNG team for not quitting on either side of the ball. I think I was starting to get used to your announcer  ;D ;D  Hope you guys go deep in the playoffs, not sure how Division 1 or 2 stacks up, but I would love to see a rematch.

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1065509" timestamp="1316911815"]
Trocket - thanks for the good sportsmanship. This was a great game in a great atmosphere. I think I prefer watching a game at Livingston over just about anywhere. Such closeness to everything. I'm upset that we lost, but we lost the turnover battle and you cannot do that against a very good team. I was very impressed with the execution by Livingston. Our defense played pretty well, but you have to have a big strong defensive player that is able to bust up the wall that is coming at you. like one of the schexnider boys who just graduated. Also a stat that says a lot 0 punts. I'm proud of the PNG team for not quitting on either side of the ball. I think I was starting to get used to your announcer  ;D ;D  Hope you guys go deep in the playoffs, not sure how Division 1 or 2 stacks up, but I would love to see a rematch.
[/quote]We will go Division 2 and you all Division 1, besides I would hate to see either team have to face each other in the playoffs. Let's just wait until next year, good luck to PNG.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder