Lake Travis has started filling their schedule for 2012...

BrenhamFan

Guest ECBucFan
Its hard not to be in awe of that program. 4 straight 4A State Championships? With the 5th pending? I even felt last year LT [i]could[/i] have knocked off the two 5A finalists, Trinity and Champ Pearland. Instead of raw athleticism, LT executes with precision that is mind bending. Just flawless. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1061790" timestamp="1316599592"]
Its hard not to be in awe of that program. 4 straight 4A State Championships? With the 5th pending? [b]I even felt last year LT [i]could[/i] have knocked off the two 5A finalists, Trinity and Champ Pearland.[/b] Instead of raw athleticism, LT executes with precision that is mind bending. Just flawless.
[/quote]You're trippin', now.  ;D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1061802" timestamp="1316603032"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=88598.msg1061790#msg1061790 date=1316599592]
Its hard not to be in awe of that program. 4 straight 4A State Championships? With the 5th pending? [b]I even felt last year LT [i]could[/i] have knocked off the two 5A finalists, Trinity and Champ Pearland.[/b] Instead of raw athleticism, LT executes with precision that is mind bending. Just flawless.
[/quote]

Were you there? I was.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1061803" timestamp="1316603201"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88598.msg1061802#msg1061802 date=1316603032]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=88598.msg1061790#msg1061790 date=1316599592]
[/quote]

Were you there? I was.
[/quote]I saw Pearland.  They weren't the most athletic team that I've seen but thos guys execute.  Also, they have great size as well.

Guest ECBucFan
I loved Pearland. I yelled myself hoarse for then, and even bought their State Championship T-Shirt. With that said, any team winning 4 straight SC's, with a 5th probable, has proven themselves to be incredible. LT [i]could [/i]  (not saying [i]would[/i]) but could have been the best HS in Texas, period. Buy the UIL video, and see how they destroyed a very athletic Denton Ryan team 27-7. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1061730" timestamp="1316574411"]
Lake Travis has agreed to play the #1 team in the nation next year....  Don Bosco Prep

What a game this will be!
[/quote]
If you got that info from 5ATexasfootball....it was a joke:

[QUOTE=TigerHat;1829690](AP) Lake Travis - the undisputed number one team in Texas for the past 12 years will play consensus National Champion Don Bosco Prep  to start the 2012 season. 

"We're looking forward to playing somebody who might actually give us a game for a quarter or so." said new Lake Travis head coach Gary Generic. Generic is the fourth head coach at Lake Travis during the current 192 game winning streak. He was previously the head coach at Houston Sam Houston who's team won for the first time this year after he left the program. Sam Houston was 0 - 62 during Generic's coaching reign. "It's the players who win games" said ninth year starter junior receiver Deondre Jones "that and the coaches and fans and posters and everyone - its the program man - we're just magic"

Don Bosco head coach Vito Bentnose didn't lack for confidence either. Fresh from a recruiting trip that took him from Florida to California Bentnose said: "We have the best team money can buy!" Twelve year starter at line backer Vinnie "The Hit Man" Genovese agreed "Just because the Giants cut me after training camp doesn't mean I can't play me some good high school ball"

The two teams will meet in the inaugural Hype Bowl at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium - which will be officially renamed "The Lake Travis Freshman Stadium" before the game.[/quote]

[quote name="pe2009" post="1062105" timestamp="1316630970"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=88598.msg1061730#msg1061730 date=1316574411]
Lake Travis has agreed to play the #1 team in the nation next year....  Don Bosco Prep

[/quote]

[QUOTE=TigerHat;1829690](AP) Lake Travis - the undisputed number one team in Texas for the past 12 years will play consensus National Champion Don Bosco Prep  to start the 2012 season. 

"We're looking forward to playing somebody who might actually give us a game for a quarter or so." said new Lake Travis head coach Gary Generic. Generic is the fourth head coach at Lake Travis during the current 192 game winning streak. He was previously the head coach at Houston Sam Houston who's team won for the first time this year after he left the program. Sam Houston was 0 - 62 during Generic's coaching reign. "It's the players who win games" said ninth year starter junior receiver Deondre Jones "that and the coaches and fans and posters and everyone - its the program man - we're just magic"

Don Bosco head coach Vito Bentnose didn't lack for confidence either. Fresh from a recruiting trip that took him from Florida to California Bentnose said: "We have the best team money can buy!" Twelve year starter at line backer Vinnie "The Hit Man" Genovese agreed "Just because the Giants cut me after training camp doesn't mean I can't play me some good high school ball"

The two teams will meet in the inaugural Hype Bowl at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium - which will be officially renamed "The Lake Travis Freshman Stadium" before the game.[/QUOTE]
[/quote]

Oops...  I guess I should have looked into it more.  I saw the thread, but never read it.  Oh well, it would make for a great game.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1062109" timestamp="1316631422"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=88598.msg1062105#msg1062105 date=1316630970]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=88598.msg1061730#msg1061730 date=1316574411]

[/quote]

The two teams will meet in the inaugural Hype Bowl at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium - which will be officially renamed "The Lake Travis Freshman Stadium" before the game.[/QUOTE]
[/quote]

Oops...  I guess I should have looked into it more.  I saw the thread, but never read it.  Oh well, it would make for a great game.
[/quote]
Yeah I would love to see any top team from Texas play Bosco....I think they're over rated.

[quote name="liltex" post="1061810" timestamp="1316603954"]
That would be cool for LT to slobbernock Trinity out of their swagger ;D
[/quote]

You may be Trinity but you won't knock out their so-called swagger.  I watch a program on concussions and injuries in HS football, and the showed the build up to that private school out of Arkansas vs. Trinity in the Labour Day classic last year.  Trinity won 80-26 and one of the Trinity players said their coaches tell them to hit their opponent so hard, they lose the next game.......  Imagine playing under that philosophy for 4 year.......

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1062277" timestamp="1316652619"]
Trinity's "swagger" turned into Trinity's "stupidity" during the Pearland game. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vAuBIDl4t8
[/quote]

But they only lost by 3.  Ans since Trinity tends to win during odd numbered years.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont