Preseason All Southeast Texas Team Nominations

MIF04

It is time for our annual Pre-season picks:

This includes nominations for All-SETX team, MVP, Newcomer as well as what teams should be in our Top Ten.

Returning from last year's All-SETX team:

FIRST TEAM:

Soph of Year:  Ross Hales (LHP-Barbers Hill) Taylor Hart (Inf.-Jasper) and Casey Jackson (C-Bridge City)

Frosh of Year:  Aaron Hazlewood (C-Kirbyville)

Infielder: Tim Ferguson (WB), David Murphy (WB)

Outfield:  Rocky Calhoun (Silsbee), Johnny Dishon (BC), Mark Serna (WB)

Catcher:  Cameron Campbell (BH)

Pitcher:  Joel Schooling (Silsbee)

Utility:  Braden Riley (Woodville)

SECOND TEAM:

Infielder:  Aaron McFarland (Nederland), Thad Lycan (WB)

Outfield:  Bobby Armstrong (WB)  Michah Mosely (Nederland)

Catcher:  Jake Rowell (LCM)

Pitcher:  Kevin McDonald (Silsbee)

Utility:  Josh Gardiner (Ozen)

SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.  WE WILL TRY TO GET THESE OUT BY JANUARY !!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MI it is always good to see you this time of year bc we all know that spring is not far behind. Let me throw in the reigning MVP from our district last year Michael Listi Pitcher. Huffman

I hope this site does not ignore Dayton like it did in football.

Top Players:

Andy Dewey--Senior-SS/pitcher

D.J. Massey--Senior-catcher

Players to watch:

Frank Smesny--Sophmore-pitcher

Andy Broyles--Junior-pitcher

Dayton was well covered in football. In fact Dugat got player of the week on here..

Post nominations please.

what about from Huffman = Mike Listi been on varsity since soph. year and MVP last year of the district

Zach Sipe 4 year starter in outfield 3 time 1 st team all district OF/UT and honorable metion freshman year

From BH= Chase Barrera INF 4 year starter and Colby Townly 4 year starter

Joel Schooling - (Sr) Pitcher for Silsbee - was last season's 22-3A MVP and has had a great outing playing summer & fall ball for the Big Timers Baseball Club.

I also nominate the following:

From Silsbee - some outstanding baseball players:

Kevin McDonald (Jr) Pitcher/SS

Colby Hargrave (Sr) Catcher

Rocky Calhoun (Sr) OF

Josh Skinner (Soph) Pitcher

Blake Moss (Jr) 2nd Base

Also the following who are outstanding:

From PNG -

Eric Harrington - Pitcher/OF

From Vidor -

VJ Bunner - SS

Ok here's my two cents: Ferguson and Murphy from WB (Both can swing it and are close to flawless on D), Harrington from PNG (can throw it), Rowell from LCM ( Stick plays huge and is probably the best overall catcher in the area along w/Campbell from BH), Riley from Woodville (loves the game and a helluva player), Dishon from BC (speedster and has a cannon for an arm). There it is, I'll have more predictions later

Carnahan from PNG - sophmore catcher last year stepped up when the Indians needed him and hasn't stopped since. Gained a lot of respect this summer. Has been asked to play on Team USA baseball next summer in the Netherlands (was spotted by the UT of Dallas coach at a showcase at San Jac this fall). Has OSU and quite a few other schools following him. Hit the long ball out of San Jac and out of Blinn this fall. Will be the best catcher in the area (no disrespect to the others, but Carnahan has worked real hard in the off-season and has the stats from the fall to prove it.)

Guest BigStik

Silsbee's catcher: Colby Hargrave and at 2nd Blake Moss.

Both are outstanding defensive players and not bad on the offensive side!

2nd team players for sure if not 1st team!

Hargrave is a senior and Moss is a junior.

What summer team do they play for ? The reason I am asking most of the players in the pre season picks has been playing for somebody like the Heat, Columbia Angels, Big Timers, Sun Devils ect. during the summer and fall and has kept there game sharp.

Don't be surprised to see Rowell spending a large amount of the season @ 1B, if it works out for the Bears.

Preseason list:

LCM:

Rowell-inf

Johnson-OF

BC:

Dishon-OF

Stringer-Pitcher

Meeks- Pitcher

Jackson- Catcher Possible Offense MVP

WB:

Ferguson-2b

Murphy-3b

Vidor:

Bunner-SS

PNG:

Carnahan-C

Ned:

Hemlke-P

Mosley-OF

Moshier-INF

Ozen:

James-INF

Silsbee:

Schooling-P Possible area MVP

Calhoun-OF

BH:

Barrea-SS

Huffman:

Listi-P

Dayton- I need to see them first.

This year it is wide open for alot of the positions, last year was full of 2 and 3 year veterans. Early season MVP list :Jackson-BC, Schooling-Sil, Murphy-WB, Hemlke-Ned, Rowell-LCM

Bears, I doubt you will see Rowell at first base at all. I have been told that Chad Richard has been on fire recently and will likely be there (at first) all season. He is someone who should be on this list as well. He along with Sampere at Nederland will likely be the best two in SETX.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder