Bickham

Football is what brings in the $$$$$ so let the AD do what he feels is best for the athletic department. Thats why you hired him, right ? Plus, you guys have one of the nicest gyms in the state. The complaint should be about not having the football field, softball, & baseball fields ready in time for the season. I'm sure that one is not on the coach......... Great job coach Bickham !!!!!!!!!

Yall need to leave Bickham alone he has brought Deweyville from zero to hero. 3 years ago you probably couldnt pay someone to be a deweyville fan. Great job Dwight dont worry about all the na sayers. And all the posts earlier this year about him running up the score i can bet those teams ran up the score on deweyville back in the day. Every dog has its day

I came from a 5A school and yes they have more of a buget to work with and it would be nice for D'ville but it isnt that way.I think Coach Bickham has done a fine job and cant wait till next football season, and if I have to buy my kids shoes so be it! The coaches he has brought in love to coach and they fit in with us . As far as Jackson,I did like coach Jackson and my son was friends with his and I hated to see him go but thats is life! I wish him and VInes and Tibbs all of the best.Our kids will get out there and give it 100% like they always do and we will be proud of them as we are.I believe Bickham is going to do what he can for baseball ,basketball and volleyball. We all know you have to start somewhere and this is only his 2nd year lets give him some time before we write him off! I think he is here for the long haul.And I just want to say how proud of the Football team and for them to keep thier heads up they gave it 100 % and that is all we ask!

I'm not saying anything about Bickham's coaching ability or him personally.I just think they gave a couple of coaches a raw deal.Someone once told me coach Jackson was the winningest basketball coach in Deweyvile history i don't know if thats true or not.But to tell him he wasn't going to coach basketball anymore what does that tell him.Why didn't they just fire him and tell him we dont want you here no more.

I have known Dwight Bickham for quite a few years. I know him as a coach and as a person. As a coach his players are prepared well and play hard - they represent Deweyville very well. As a person it is amazing to me that someone would say he doesnt care about the kids involved with the Athletic Program at Deweyville.

If I am not mistaken he currently coaches kids of ex-teammates and classmates of his from years past. Please dont suggest he doesnt care about the young athletes that participate in Deweyville Athletics.

We make AD's accountable for the total athletic program - thus - they must have the authority to hire their own staff. Hold Dwight accountable for the staff he has hired - dont make up problems before they have actually occurred.

Coach Bickham........great coach.......great person!! He cares about his players and the community. He has brought pride back into the program. The athletes are proud of their accomplishments. Bickham has also taught them that win or loose, you must live your life in a respectful way. He has been great for the football boys!! Thank You Coach Bickham!!!!

I dont really think anybody has said anything bad about coach Bickham.I just think it wasnt right how they handle things last year with some coaches thats fine let him bring in all new football coaches key word being football.Coach Jackson was a great basketball coach so why get rid of him.You might not like his style but it got results and he had some pretty good athletes that lived with him.But the natural thing to do at small school is a coach comes in wins a couple of years and then he's gone and if Bickham is at good as every one says he is you think some bigger school wont get his interest.

Give it up Lumberman367, why can't you understand the situation when a new AD comes in? It's HIS option to retain or let go his Staff. So I get you liked Coach Jackson, as I'm sure others did also, but he's GONE, moved on, why can't you? Why try to reflect negatively on Coach Bickham, who's done nothing but work hard with these kids to bring pride and winning back to Deweyville. The Coaches that are Coaching other sports, let them Coach and then judge the results, you are putting the Cart before the horse. Basketball, Baseball, and other sports are just begining, lets play the games and see the results. It maybe that you just might be surprised at how competitive, and well Coached we are in the other sports.

I dont really think anybody has said anything bad about coach Bickham.I just think it wasnt right how they handle things last year with some coaches thats fine let him bring in all new football coaches key word being football.Coach Jackson was a great basketball coach so why get rid of him.You might not like his style but it got results and he had some pretty good athletes that lived with him.But the natural thing to do at small school is a coach comes in wins a couple of years and then he's gone and if Bickham is at good as every one says he is you think some bigger school wont get his interest.

I think more people care about football than basketball anyway, so you might want to head to the basketball post. And, your first two sentences are contradicting.

Guest maverick24

I am not sure if some of the people have never been to another school besides their own, but Football is king! At any school around the state more money is spent each year on the FB program, thats just the way it is. Football also brings in more money than any other sport. Have you ever seen 15,000 people at a HS baseball or basketball game? Do you see any other schools travel their Bands to other sports NO! This is not just something at big D. all schools are like this. If you have a coach and staff that are winning games you should keep your mouths shut and enjoy. I am sure all sports will get what they need to compete at BIG D. I hate it when people use this place to bash coaches. Being a coach trust me we all do what we can to win games. and trust me every kid is a starter and a all-star in the folks eyes! Let the guy coach and the ad do his job!!!!

Well you know that is true, football does bring in a lot of money, but face it there is life after football and all in all every AD's job is not just to coach football. They have to not only support other sports, but hire people who are knowledglable in their respective sports. I do know that AD's prefer to bring in coaches they know and are familar with. But my feelings are if a coach has had sucess in the past, don't fix what ain't broken. However, if you do decide to bring in someone else make sure they know what they are doing, don't make the kids suffer, just because you want to hire your friend who doesn't know jack about sports. Hats off to the Deweyville football team for a good season!

How many years did the previous basketball coach take his team to the playoffs? How about baseball? Volleyball? I know the Basketball team hadn't been to the playoffs in about 6 or more years. How can someone deserve to keep their job doing that? In football you would be fired. Sometimes people are replaced just for bringing about a playoff program.

This is all getting out of hand dont you think. Everyone seems to be doing alright where they are. Congrats to the success of the deweyville pirates and i hope for even more in their future.My stay there was great and i learned a lot. Just remember judge not unless ye be judged. Hard work is never an issue. As far as baseball goes in the time i was there deweyvill emade the playoffs 3 out of five years in a fairly tough baseball district and the playoff games we lost were to the eventual state champs once and quarter and semifinalists later.

Once again good luck to coach Bickham and all of the coaches at deweyville along with the players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder