Tournaments

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest speechless
[quote]Yes, it was the finals of the Huntington tournament.  I think Ken Loyd was running it then.  He usually had teams from Oklahoma and Arkansas in it. [/quote]

Actually, it was not the finals of the tournament.  It was the semi-finals.  Yes, that's right.  Huntington put the #1 team in 2A and the #1 team in 3A in the same half of an 8 team bracket.  Guess who the other semi-final game was?  Huntington and Lufkin Hudson.....yes I said it.  So the championship was Troup against Hudson (40 point spread) and the 3rd place game was HJ v. Huntington (40 point spread).  Hmmmm.....betting the gestapo designed the bracket.  Worst part was HJ was so pissed that when Huntington had to make the trip to HJ the following Tuesday it was a 60 point spread.

[quote name="ST413" post="1103403" timestamp="1320347889"]
There are a couple of more Tiger fans that are planning on making this trip as well.  :)
[/quote]

I received word that Silsbee plans on keeping their game with West Brook on the 30th. Just may have to move the game back to 5 or 6pm, instead of the original 2:30pm.

[quote name="speechless" post="1103360" timestamp="1320345365"]
[quote]Yes, it was the finals of the Huntington tournament.  I think Ken Loyd was running it then.  He usually had teams from Oklahoma and Arkansas in it. [/quote]

Actually, it was not the finals of the tournament.  It was the semi-finals.  Yes, that's right.  Huntington put the #1 team in 2A and the #1 team in 3A in the same half of an 8 team bracket.  Guess who the other semi-final game was?  Huntington and Lufkin Hudson.....yes I said it.  So the championship was Troup against Hudson (40 point spread) and the 3rd place game was HJ v. Huntington (40 point spread).  Hmmmm.....betting the gestapo designed the bracket.  Worst part was HJ was so pissed that when Huntington had to make the trip to HJ the following Tuesday it was a 60 point spread.
[/quote] I sense a little sensitivity issue here..... ;D 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1103439" timestamp="1320349596"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=88273.msg1103403#msg1103403 date=1320347889]
There are a couple of more Tiger fans that are planning on making this trip as well.  :)
[/quote]

I received word that Silsbee plans on keeping their game with West Brook on the 30th. Just may have to move the game back to 5 or 6pm, instead of the original 2:30pm.
[/quote]
Doubt we will make it back by then.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1103375" timestamp="1320346014"]
No-look- it's your turn to respond.  Could the "powers that were" possibly have conspired with the Gestapo to create such a travesty?
[/quote]I must check into this issue to see what caused such a parody.....

I didn't want to start a new thread with my question BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got  a text message from Houston about the Ridge Point (FT. Bend County) vs P.A.M this past weekend. PAM, I realize you have footballers still playing, but what happened? Can any PAM peeps give me your side of the story?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="GrayDog" post="1122252" timestamp="1321656990"]
Ned vs HJ freshmen in the final Sat 10 am.
[/quote]

Heard Nederland won 51-49 against HJ.  Congratulations Bulldogs!!!  Looking forward to the rematch Monday when the Hawks should be at full strength.   

[quote name="GrayDog" post="1126200" timestamp="1321891437"]
Can't imagine what more you could have???  The HJ freshmen team I saw is very good...
[/quote]

You guys got us again - beat us in ot tonight.  Your bigs seem to be better ball handlers than ours at this point.  Good luck the rest of the season! 

Vidor

Evadale
Orangefield
Bridge City

Sure would have liked to seen us in the Nederland tournament as prep for district but a new coach and rebuilding the program are probably why we're playing down. We do have some talent and will compete in district. I expect Pirate basketball to pick up in the next few years with Larry Sterling as coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont