Dayton vs. Angleton Game Thread/Angleton wins

WOSgrad

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an all around good game that was full of momentum plays. Angleton controlled the 1st quarter but then it was all Broncos for the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Then Angleton came fighting back in the 4th. Now on the "onside kick" it seemed to be a pooch kick and nobody from Dayton felt the urge to go after or even attempt to get under it and an Angleton player simply ran under it and caught it and then on the very 1st play Jackson took it to the house for a touchdown. Dayton has a very good team after the first quarter they contained the Wildcat offense pretty good. But like I said this was just an all around good game by both teams.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1053748" timestamp="1315628638"]
This was an all around good game that was full of momentum plays. Angleton controlled the 1st quarter but then it was all Broncos for the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Then Angleton came fighting back in the 4th. Now on the "onside kick" it seemed to be a pooch kick and nobody from Dayton felt the urge to go after or even attempt to get under it and an Angleton player simply ran under it and caught it and then on the very 1st play Jackson took it to the house for a touchdown. Dayton has a very good team after the first quarter they contained the Wildcat offense pretty good. But like I said this was just an all around good game by both teams.
[/quote]Have to agree Wildcat this was a good game by both teams !  Angleton is a very good team and somebody had to loose . Everyone wants to rag on the coaches play calling if things don't go our way , but the reality of it is that when you play very good teams like Angleton sometimes it doesn't matter what plaly you call. Anlgeton had a bigger & deeper team than we did and Dayton gave them all they wanted ! Really was a fun game to watch !

Congrads to Angelton ,the Wildcats came back strong in the 4th qtr.and did what they needed to do.We had our shots and came up short.JD and McBride played ,but far from 100% w/41 rush yds between them.That hurt us by not being able to run and eat up the clock.Herrera was outstanding tonight throwing for 29/43/0=292 yds.I do not like the new style of punting they have Carranco trotting a few steps sideways and punting,has his timing way off=39 yds on 2 punts=19.5 yds per giving Angleton great field pos.to go up quick 14-0.On the onside kick I didn't see a fair catch signal.A great game to watch sometimes you don't get the breaks.

Dayton fans, you have a heck of a football team over there. Not much depth, but the kids play hard. And that Carranco kid has a hell of a leg. He is a great weapon to have on your team. He'll be playing on Saturdays. Also your QB is quick like a cat and has a good arm on him.
As for the game, you guys had us down real good and it looked bleak, but the Cats came through at the end. Great game to watch. Probably won't see each other the rest of the year, so good luck the rest of the way. I'm sure you all are going to make another deep run in the playoffs!

Then you did not pay attention to the way they punted last year.  It is the same scheme they used then.  Juan got right after his older brother got on his butt. 

[quote name="liltex" post="1053837" timestamp="1315634808"]
Congrads to Angelton ,the Wildcats came back strong in the 4th qtr.and did what they needed to do.We had our shots and came up short.JD and McBride played ,but far from 100% w/41 rush yds between them.That hurt us by not being able to run and eat up the clock.Herrera was outstanding tonight throwing for 29/43/0=292 yds.I do not like the new style of punting they have Carranco trotting a few steps sideways and punting,has his timing way off=39 yds on 2 punts=19.5 yds per giving Angleton great field pos.to go up quick 14-0.On the onside kick I didn't see a fair catch signal.A great game to watch sometimes you don't get the breaks.
[/quote]

Congrats to the Wildcats. Great game to watch! Both teams played their heart out. Pretty clean game too. I figured it would be tight and it didn't disappoint.  Just a couple of observations.

1. Broncos need to catch the punts! We're giving up extra yds. by being so far back. Not to mention any return that might be possible.

2. Broncos need to block the punts! On at least two occasions we had an oppurtunity to block the kick and it looked to me like the player just stopped. Almost like he was protecting against the fake. On one of these, Angelton was punting from around their own ten yard line. Would have been a game changer. It's high school football. Get after the kicker!

3. I thought the lack of a consistent running game was the final nail in the coffin. Great to see Mcbride & Delasbor back in action, but as someone said earlier, they were far from 100%. Just a couple of first downs in that 4th quarter may have been the difference.

All in all it was still a great game by two very good teams. Kudos to Angleton for the onside kick. Great call and good execution. The 52 yard field goal made the drive worth it. ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1053933" timestamp="1315659526"]
Congrats to the Wildcats. Great game to watch! Both teams played their heart out. Pretty clean game too. I figured it would be tight and it didn't disappoint.  Just a couple of observations.

1. Broncos need to catch the punts! We're giving up extra yds. by being so far back. Not to mention any return that might be possible.

2. Broncos need to block the punts! On at least two occasions we had an oppurtunity to block the kick and it looked to me like the player just stopped. Almost like he was protecting against the fake. On one of these, Angelton was punting from around their own ten yard line. Would have been a game changer. It's high school football. Get after the kicker!

3. I thought the lack of a consistent running game was the final nail in the coffin. Great to see Mcbride & Delasbor back in action, but as someone said earlier, they were far from 100%. Just a couple of first downs in that 4th quarter may have been the difference.

All in all it was still a great game by two very good teams. Kudos to Angleton for the onside kick. Great call and good execution. The 52 yard field goal made the drive worth it. ;D
[/quote]#4  It was good to be going to the North end zone.  Never seen a game like this where the south bound offenses looked horrible and the north bound offenses couldn't be stopped.

Great football game between two teams that will be playing football when most schools are breaking out the round balls. When you match two teams of this caliber up this early in the season, it only helps both teams. Congrats to the Wildcats on a great game and good luck the rest of the year. As for the Broncos, when I sit and watch our team scratch and claw and give everything they have out on that field, its only makes me that much more proud to be a bronco fan.

Very good post.....

[quote name="broncoman" post="1053983" timestamp="1315663319"]
Great football game between two teams that will be playing football when most schools are breaking out the round balls. When you match two teams of this caliber up this early in the season, it only helps both teams. Congrats to the Wildcats on a great game and good luck the rest of the year. As for the Broncos, when I sit and watch our team scratch and claw and give everything they have out on that field, its only makes me that much more proud to be a bronco fan.
[/quote]

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="1053692" timestamp="1315627000"]
The ball was kicked into the air for a VERY short. Distance and was not touched by any Broncos.  An Angleton player caught.the ball in the air, before touching the ground, and suddenly it was Angleton's ball
[/quote]

Now that I know the rule, I need to apologize for the way I acted to my fellow posters who were at the game.  Knightrider, I know you and others were there right behind me thinking me a fool.  Sorry.

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="1053986" timestamp="1315663640"]
[quote author=bandgeekforlife link=topic=88006.msg1053692#msg1053692 date=1315627000]
The ball was kicked into the air for a VERY short. Distance and was not touched by any Broncos.  An Angleton player caught.the ball in the air, before touching the ground, and suddenly it was Angleton's ball
[/quote]

Now that I know the rule, I need to apologize for the way I acted to my fellow posters who were at the game.  Knightrider, I know you and others were there right behind me thinking me a fool.  Sorry.
[/quote]No need to be sorry ,lol i was in shocked we let it slip away from us. We'll learn from it i hope. We'll get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And no, no way we thought of you being a fool. Don't even think that ok? All in fun my friend  ::)

[quote name="knightrider" post="1054004" timestamp="1315665117"]
[quote author=bandgeekforlife link=topic=88006.msg1053986#msg1053986 date=1315663640]
[quote author=bandgeekforlife link=topic=88006.msg1053692#msg1053692 date=1315627000]
[/quote]

[/quote]No need to be sorry ,lol i was in shocked we let it slip away from us. We'll learn from it i hope. We'll get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And no, no way we thought of you being a fool. Don't even think that ok? All in fun my friend  ::)
[/quote]

Thanks!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder