Biggest Blow out ever

sxedoc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1050774" timestamp="1315339026"]
Grad, was that the Wos team that went undefeated but loss first round?
[/quote]

No, they had one loss going into the playoffs (a 20-14 loss to Silsbee) in 1993.  They defeated Jasper in bi-district 41-17 but lost to La Marque 25-8 in the area round.

I think it was 2001.
Lee beat Sterling 62-7.
I believe it was either 49 or 56-7 at the half.
They had a running clock in the second half.
Tate threw for 7 td's in the first half alone. 
Lee(9-0 at the time) proceeded to play state ranked North Shore the next week at Dement stadium and got dismantled, probably 60-28 or something along those lines.  Lee just didn't have a defense.  NS had just enough defense to make it diffficult on Lee.
That may have been the year that Lee lost to Humble in the second round of the playoffs(after working over Clear Creek in tthe Dome).  The years run together for me.  Humble REALLY stoned the Lee offense.  35-7 I'm remembering vaguely.

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=8y7813.msg1050774#msg1050774 date=1315339026]
[/quote]

You may be thinking of their 1989 season when they went 10-0. They were ranked #1 in the state, and lost in the 1st round. That's the same yr PNG went to the Quarter finals and lost to a5m Cons. In the Dome.

[quote name="NHS1990" post="1050818" timestamp="1315342376"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=8y7813.msg1050774#msg1050774 date=1315339026]
[/quote]

You may be thinking of their 1989 season when they went 10-0. They were ranked #1 in the state, and lost in the 1st round. That's the same yr PNG went to the Quarter finals and lost to a5m Cons. In the Dome.
[/quote]

PN-G's one regular season loss that year was to WO-S.

And 1989 wasn't the only season where that was the case.

It depends on what your idea of a blowout is. Mine is when two teams who are supposed to be on a similar level of play and one dominates the other. BH beating Dewyville does not impress me at all. When a team who beats someone by 70 points in a semi-final game now thats the kind of game I consider a blowout. 1992 Waxahacie coached by one Thomas Brooks won in the semi finals 70-7 I believe inroute to the 1992 state championship were they defeated A&M Consoladated. That to me is a blowout.

Guest UHCoog14
Watched LaMarque hang 70 on Baytown Sterling in the late 90's.
Also watched J. Charles and the PAM Titans  score 35 pts on Sterling in the first quarter. Luckily they called off the dogs early.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1050992" timestamp="1315357468"]
In the late 80's Newton beat Crosby in a playoff game played at PN-G 70 to 0.  I believe it was a second or third round playoff game.
[/quote]
That was Jasper that beat Crosby 70-0, not Newton. It was 1983, I think. Might have been 1984. Newton was 3A then while Crosby and Jasper were 4A.

I saw Jasper beat Cleveland 82-0 once. There were three touchdowns called back on drives that we didn't score and about a 650 yard difference in production. We knew it was gonna be ugly because something happened that caused a bunch of Cleveland's starters to leave the team. Jasper was the preseason pick to win 4A that year in DCTF and I think we were #3 in the AP rankings going into that game...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder