19-4A vs 20-4A...Who's better and why?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1051023" timestamp="1315359758"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=87675.msg1051015#msg1051015 date=1315359144]
Not all true Knightrider.Sat @ stallworth last year to watch LCM play GCM.Outside the band,pep,cheer crowd LCM did not have 50 fans there.
[/quote]If the game would have been at LC-M the home stands would have been filled.  I believe three years ago in the last game of district Dayton played CE King (both undefeated in district) for the championship.  CE King didn't have over 200 people in the home stands.  Pathetic, just pathetic.  Crosby, BH, and Dayton are the only teams that have good home crowds in 19-4A, but in the end, PN-G has more season tickets sold than the homeside stands of those teams.  Come to think of it, with the expansion, PN-G's homeside seats more people than the total capacity of Crosby, BH, and almost Dayton.
[/quote]I was at that game at C.E.King. yes, it was pathetic to see the number of fans on the C.E.King side. And both teams playing for the district championship. Was sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\

I think BH/GCM/Lee/Dayton/Crosby do a decent job at filling thier stands (their where people who left the png crosby game because of lack of seats on the coug home side, and people where standing next to the gate on the PNG side. just watching the game... that was a playoff atmosphere.

King/north forest fan support is poor.

Don't count the Cougars out this season, they have a lot of games that can be used as building blocks until we end the season with Dayton then BH if where not undefeated in district by then i'll be surprised. After 2 big games against our 2 rivals, The cougs will be very ready for playoffs.

Other thoughts... BH doesn't want to play PNG, i think png matches up well, i think they want nederland or central no offense to those teams but to beat BH u need to be huge on the line and able to prevent sealing blocks. Also im expect BH's defense to be pretty good this year.

Also, Cougs will take any comer from 20-4a you can talk but almost no one on these boards have seen those twins play. Ask PNG stoping them is not going to be easy (for anyone).

But we will see but the Cougs are going to be well prepared for any opponent by the end of the season we will have played Mont/PNG/Dayton/BH/Dawson 4 of those teams are almost assured playoffs PNG should make playoffs.

I'll take the Cougs non-district + district schedule over the 20-4a district for playoff prep anyday.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1049845" timestamp="1315234619"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=87675.msg1049749#msg1049749 date=1315194135]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=87675.msg1049698#msg1049698 date=1315189913]
Livngston is hands down the best team in either district.  After that Nederland is probably the only team that has a chance at beating BH or Dayton without a bunch of turnovers happening.  I see it like this:

Livingston (speed)
Dayton (offensive power)
BH (defense and clock control)
Nederland (all around coaching)
Crosby (by default)
PNG (offesive coaching and a gay indian)
LCM (Offense)
GCM (heart)
Vidor (heart)
[/quote]

Nederland over Crosby... Recent playoffs tend to contradict this. and what does By Default mean?
[/quote]

Nederland has a much better all around team this year and don't forget it took a trick play to beat us. And if we do play the kittens in the playoffs this year, they will have to come play at the Dog Pound since we played at your house last year.
[/quote]

Hum if im correct that was just the separation score... if im not mistaken a safety/Rush td/Trick play did you in... p.s. we missed the xp which means at worse its a tie 19-19, I also tend to remember kneeling the ball on the 30 wasn't it?

Not all true Knightrider.Sat @ stallworth last year to watch LCM play GCM.Outside the band,pep,cheer crowd LCM did not have 50 fans there.
[/quote]If the game would have been at LC-M the home stands would have been filled.  I believe three years ago in the last game of district Dayton played CE King (both undefeated in district) for the championship.  CE King didn't have over 200 people in the home stands.  Pathetic, just pathetic.  Crosby, BH, and Dayton are the only teams that have good home crowds in 19-4A, but in the end, PN-G has more season tickets sold than the homeside stands of those teams.  Come to think of it, with the expansion, PN-G's homeside seats more people than the total capacity of Crosby, BH, and almost Dayton.
[/quote]

They didn't have 100 much less 200.  If they had 30 fans there I'd be shocked!

[/quote]If the game would have been at LC-M the home stands would have been filled.  I believe three years ago in the last game of district Dayton played CE King (both undefeated in district) for the championship.  CE King didn't have over 200 people in the home stands.  Pathetic, just pathetic.  Crosby, BH, and Dayton are the only teams that have good home crowds in 19-4A, but in the end, [b]PN-G has more season tickets sold than the homeside stands of those teams.  Come to think of it, with the expansion, PN-G's homeside seats more people than the total capacity of Crosby, BH, and almost Dayton[/b].
[/quote]

The population of PN and G is upwards of 26,000 is it not?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1051340" timestamp="1315416090"]
When did this become an argument about who has more fans? lets get back to the subject please.
[/quote]

When you compare the 2 districts, fan support is a huge difference in atmosphere, etc. I think that's one thing that 20-4A has over 19. Every game is exciting. I think the case could be made that the kids play better when they have the whole town supporting them.

But, since you brought it up.... I'd like to hear more on the idea of you thinking Livingston will show Dayton how a real team plays.

[quote name="dayton" post="1051344" timestamp="1315416375"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=87675.msg1051340#msg1051340 date=1315416090]
When did this become an argument about who has more fans? lets get back to the subject please.
[/quote]

When you compare the 2 districts, fan support is a huge difference in atmosphere, etc. I think that's one thing that 20-4A has over 19. Every game is exciting. I think the case could be made that the kids play better when they have the whole town supporting them.

But, since you brought it up.... [b]I'd like to hear more on the idea of you thinking Livingston will show Dayton how a real team plays.[/b]
[/quote] I myself would like to know too. Dayton don't know how to play real football? *shakes head* Dayton has been accused of paying off refs, recruiting players, cheating, but I guess that might fall under not playing real football...etc...  ::)  ??? ::) ??? Maybe there is still a little anger from last season?

[quote name="liltex" post="1051363" timestamp="1315418015"]
Well I'm hoping next UIL alignment we lose N Forrest and gain Liv so the arse whuppin can continue on a more reg.basis ;) ;D
[/quote]Well NF will be gone.. That school will be shutting down... All students will be going to other schools around that area.

[quote name="liltex" post="1051363" timestamp="1315418015"]
Well I'm hoping next UIL alignment we lose N Forrest and gain Liv so the arse whuppin can continue on a more reg.basis ;) ;D
[/quote]

I would guess that there ends up being a team closer than Livingston that fills that spot.  Back on subject though...the part about having the fan support makes the kids play harder...I couldn't agree more.  I think it also helps with the number of kids coming out to play in the first place.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1051372" timestamp="1315418398"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=87675.msg1051363#msg1051363 date=1315418015]
[/quote]Well NF will be gone.. That school will be shutting down... All students will be going to other schools around that area.
[/quote]

NF is NOT shutting down. The district is shutting down and being absorbed by most likely HISD. They will play as a part of the HISD district.

[quote name="KennyRogers88" post="1051381" timestamp="1315419212"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=87675.msg1051372#msg1051372 date=1315418398]
[/quote]

NF is NOT shutting down. The district is shutting down and being absorbed by most likely HISD. They will play as a part of the HISD district.
[/quote] So what your saying is.. that NF will still be there with students going to that school but under HISD? My understanding is that they will be bused to other area schools. HISD can't afford to pick up a whole other district.. They have a hard time now affording what they already have. So why would they pick up a whole other district? :-\

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1051393" timestamp="1315419930"]
[quote author=KennyRogers88 link=topic=87675.msg1051381#msg1051381 date=1315419212]
[/quote]

[/quote] So what your saying is.. that NF will still be there with students going to that school but under HISD? My understanding is that they will be bused to other area schools. HISD can't afford to pick up a whole other district.. They have a hard time now affording what they already have. So why would they pick up a whole other district? :-\
[/quote]

It is my understanding that they will keep the schools open.

"North Forest ISD can still operate for the upcoming school year, and it is being given the option to appeal the state's decision. The district's acting superintendent, Edna Forte, says North Forest ISD is in the process of filing that appeal now.[b] But as of now, the state is planning to annex the district to Houston ISD, which would then determine whether to keep the campuses open or place current North Forest ISD students at HISD schools already open."[/b]

[quote name="KennyRogers88" post="1051408" timestamp="1315420908"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=87675.msg1051393#msg1051393 date=1315419930]
[quote author=KennyRogers88 link=topic=87675.msg1051381#msg1051381 date=1315419212]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is my understanding that they will keep the schools open.

"North Forest ISD can still operate for the upcoming school year, and it is being given the option to appeal the state's decision. The district's acting superintendent, Edna Forte, says North Forest ISD is in the process of filing that appeal now.[b] But as of now, the state is planning to annex the district to Houston ISD, which would then determine whether to keep the campuses open or place current North Forest ISD students at HISD schools already open."[/b]
[/quote] I'm not disputing the quote you just posted, but I would like to know where you got it from. I am a factual kinda person.. There is another article that states the appeal but behind that statement it says the state plans on closing the doors by July 2012.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/North-Forest-ISD-will-fight-state-order-to-close-2081342.php
[b][font=comic sans ms]This article was published in July, maybe things have changed[/font][/b]

[quote name="rollinac" post="1051421" timestamp="1315421418"]
Awesome...so NF goes under and gets picked up by another extremely well run school district.  Terrible all the things that went on in that district.  What happened to that Supe from North Forest anyway??
[/quote]I dunno

(Better) Dayton fields 1 of the better teams year after year.Lawd if we ever suit 40(PNG)seniors-twice the norm,we gonna roll.(Why)BOT I'd like to know the differance in the # of seniors in 19-4a vs.20-4a?Willing to bet 20-4a as a dist.prolly has 100 more seniors than 19-4a has.So when comparing apples to apples ya'll got more mature apples in da basket.Example;2009 we played Vidor(playoffs)they had 33 to our 19 seniors

[quote name="dayton" post="1051235" timestamp="1315405003"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=87675.msg1051023#msg1051023 date=1315359758]
[/quote]If the game would have been at LC-M the home stands would have been filled.  I believe three years ago in the last game of district Dayton played CE King (both undefeated in district) for the championship.  CE King didn't have over 200 people in the home stands.  Pathetic, just pathetic.  Crosby, BH, and Dayton are the only teams that have good home crowds in 19-4A, but in the end, [b]PN-G has more season tickets sold than the homeside stands of those teams.  Come to think of it, with the expansion, PN-G's homeside seats more people than the total capacity of Crosby, BH, and almost Dayton[/b].
[/quote]

The population of PN and G is upwards of 26,000 is it not?
[/quote]True..., but if you look at the ratio of season tickets.
PN-G has about 4500 season tickets sold out of a district population of 26000 that is about 1 out of every 7 holding a season ticket
Dayton (my best guess) would have about 10,000 living in the district (most people live outside the city limits). probably less than 500 season tickets sold, that is about 1 out of every 20.  I still think it is impressive that Dayton pretty much averages around 4000 to 4500 a home game, that is about 50% of the total district population going to a home game.  Makes you proud that the kids are being supported that much.
All that being said, I would still wish Dayton was in 20-4A, the away games were an event.  Now you go to North Forest or CE King and the home stands are bare.

[quote name="knightrider" post="1051077" timestamp="1315364739"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=87675.msg1051073#msg1051073 date=1315364266]
King was playin for a playoff spot not a dist championship 8)
[/quote]Oh ok, my bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::) I thought both of us were undefeated in district and fighting for the district championship? :o
[/quote]The year I am thinking of, BOTH teams were undefeated in district going into the last game.  Dayton destroyed CE King, but it was for the district championship.  I think it was the 2008 season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami