Some things never change, Jack Alvarez goes for two!!

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/01/3331274/fossil-ridge-defense-slams-door.html

Fossil Ridge defeats Ennis 14-13.

"Ennis scored its final touchdown with 4:18 left in the game to trail 14-13. However, the Lions opted to go for a 2-point conversion and the win."

Now why does that not surprise me? ;D

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/01/3331274/fossil-ridge-defense-slams-door.html#ixzz1WnnxFUmS

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1046659" timestamp="1314973007"]
  Yep, That's Alvarez football...( But Fossil Ridge is not a powerhouse foot ball team..lol ( I think they were 2-8 last year...) But a win is a win... ;)
[/quote]

So what you are saying that this was a bad loss for Alvarez and Ennis?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1046662" timestamp="1314973113"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=87565.msg1046659#msg1046659 date=1314973007]
  Yep, That's Alvarez football...( But Fossil Ridge is not a powerhouse foot ball team..lol ( I think they were 2-8 last year...) But a win is a win... ;)
[/quote]

So what you are saying that this was a bad loss for Alvarez and Ennis?
[/quote]

No ...I just said that's Alvarez football.....I have nothing but respect for Coach Alvarez...I meant no dis-respect...

well if you would have listened to the game as I did you would have also heard that they had no choice.  The holder was hurt a few plays earlier with a stinger or some type of shoulder injury and was being walked off the field.  Coach said at that point he felt the odds were better for a two point try than to try to have someone who has never held a snap attempt it. 

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1046663" timestamp="1314973198"]
Why go for 2 early in a close game? Smh
[/quote]

[b]Maybe,[/b] you go for 2 if it's on the road and you score inside the last 2 minutes and you're trying to pull off the upset (cuz you have all of the momentum), but not with that much time left.  Bad call IMO.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1046988" timestamp="1314989225"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=87565.msg1046663#msg1046663 date=1314973198]
[/quote]

[b]Maybe,[/b] you go for 2 if it's on the road and you score inside the last 2 minutes and you're trying to pull off the upset (cuz you have all of the momentum), but not with that much time left.  Bad call IMO.
[/quote] even with no holder?

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1047007" timestamp="1314990034"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=87565.msg1046988#msg1046988 date=1314989225]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=87565.msg1046663#msg1046663 date=1314973198]
[/quote]

[/quote] even with no holder?
[/quote]

I didn't see that part.  Then it's understandable.  Im surprised they didn't have anybody else that could hold, cuz Ennis is a big 4A school.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1047040" timestamp="1314990935"]
They could have gotten a QB or WR to hold a ball I would think. Can't tell me a 4A school doesn't have a backup holder.
[/quote]

yeah then if all this is true the COACHING staff failed the team because there should always be a reliable backup holder (even on a 2-3 a school let alone a 4 a school)

Have your backup qb be second string just in case, he aint getting on the field anyways.

They according to the broadcasters they interviewed him and Coach said that when it came up the holder was down he got word from upstairs that they saw something they liked on the previous kicks and felt that the play called was better than the risk of a back up holder that had minimal snaps.  Ironically the QB fumbled the snap, who would have known????

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1047050" timestamp="1314991485"]
Anyone that knows Coach Alvarez knows He will gamble a little, on fourth down and half an acre,going for two for the win..Iv'e seen it all from Him....But when the final bell rings most of the time you will have more in the win column,than you do in the lost... ;)
[/quote]

That's what I've heard about him....Actually, I was just talking to one of the asst coaches (Coldspring) a couple of days ago about the 2nd Kirbyville game (last years 3rd round game playoff game)...We were talking about a few big plays that changed the course of the game and one of the most surprising moments came when Alvarez chose to kick the ball back to Coldspring on 4th down late in the game (from inside Coldspring territory)....Coaching staff was yelling at each other on the headsets to watch for the fake (no way they're really punting from here on the field, etc) and then were absolutely stunned when they really punted...I think Coldspring ended up scoring on the ensuing drive and the rest is history...

I know this might ruffle some feathers but i dont care.....

I was very VERY upset when Jack left. I wanted him to be a Coach Barbay, or Coach Hooks or even a Coach Walcoviac (ms),my point is i was hoping he wanted to leave a legacy, a name that when you heard Kirbyville you automatically thought of him. But instead he left when the getting was good. the coaches listed above stayed with their teams when it was going to be a good year or a bad. in most cases even their bad years they were still good, that has alot to be said about the coaching staff. not saying Coach Neese will not or is not a great coach i pray he does great, and i think its funny we still have a Coach Alvarez. but im still upset he bailed and ran.... :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124