North Shore QB out for the year

jabu84

NS has drank from the Spread cool-aid and are starting to lose their physicallity on offense.  Those Katy games use to be tight slugfest but now, they have those big O-linemen and are not consistant as they use to be....

Another spread offense has infected a team. I swear people be forcing that offense.  When I hear "spread offense" on the high school level I think the best athlete on the team at QB and everyone else just stay out of his way and hope he wins us a game because we suck something awful. Just sayin

they rotated QB's every play....same way RR Stony Point did(Same OC).....Thomas is actually the bigger run threat. They should be OK, and I expect them to bounce back. North Shore's offense is designed to take advantage of defensive agression and over pursuit.......Katy's defense is about as disciplined as you can get....I expect NS to look better vs Ike this week.

I'm beginnng to wonder if Coach Aymond is slowly on his way out at NS?  He's been there a long time, had some great teams, his kids are in college or grown, he's probably got grandkids, but I don't know this for certain, his talent pool has been slowly depleted over the past few years in the Galena Park/Sheldon/Channelview areas...jobs at the refineries on Sheldon Road, on the San Jac River, and over in LaPorte-Pasadena are few and far between; we are a mobile society and families move where the jobs are located; plus all of the growth on N-Betlway 8 in the Redstone area and in Humble-Atascocita have taken a few families away from the Galena Park area.  I wonder if Coach Aymond still has the same fire and passion that he had 10 years ago?  Plus, his coaching staff gets cherry picked and a few really good assistants have moved onward and upward.  It will be interesting to watch over the next few years.  I think over the next few years, depending upon how the district is composed, PAM has a real shot to be King of the Hill.  When PAM scrimmaged PN-G, I was surprised at the size and speed of PAM's DL and LBs.  Outstanding speed along the front 7 ... they closed down running lanes and misdirection plays designed to get to the corner in a blink of an eye.  The OL had size too.  The RB # 2 - Nate Holmes - will probably be the best player on the field in every game he plays.  Now is the time for PAM.  Here's to hoping the NS QB rehabs quickly and gets healthy.  A co-worker of mine is a Katy Tiger parent (for a player that does not play much)...and he said its not the same NS team from years gone by.  He said NS was gassed in the 3rd and 4th Q.  Katy was steamrolling in the 2nd half.

NS has more boys in their school than most schools in 21-5A so I'm not ready to feel sorry for NS.  Also, their group of 10th graders edged PAM's 9th A team last year by a TD.  Aymond just needs to get back to good ole fashioned smashmouth football and the rest will take care of itself.  Also, right there @90 and the Beltway, both sides go to GPISD so in short, NS won't be hurting for talent and numbers...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86