West Brook vs. Central 9/2/2011 Predictions?

I dont know about this one. Both teams looked pretty much like garbage in Week 0, and confirmed that both teams need alot of work in order to improve. Central desperately needs to address inadequacies in their offensive line. West Brook needs to make some changes in offensive personnel. If I had to guess on a winner, I'd give the edge to West Brook, but only because of better coaching.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1043763" timestamp="1314620100"]
I dont know about this one. Both teams looked pretty much like garbage in Week 0, and confirmed that both teams need alot of work in order to improve. Central desperately needs to address inadequacies in their offensive line. West Brook needs to make some changes in offensive personnel. If I had to guess on a winner, I'd give the edge to West Brook, but only because of better coaching.
[/quote]I got word from another West Brook contact, 82.  They said that when Brook ran their offense, they were productive (first half of Ozen game).  They got into trouble when West Brook was trying to hard to showcase a particular player.  I heard that's when they got into trouble.  All in all, if West Brook runs the ball like they're supposed to, they should win.  We'll only be competitive if somehow, within a week, our staff can find a way to address the O-Line issue and get that Jaguar Swagger back.  Right now, it's not there.

Thats pretty much hittin the nail on the head, Soulja. It wont be too hard to figure out who the "showcase" player will be come Friday night. But, you're right, it was like a tale of two halves. In the first half, we looked decent. Moved the ball efficiently. Second half, not so much. Mainly because we quit spreading the ball around, and tried to run it on every play.

Soulja, i picked against my own school in the Pick'em last week cause I knew we would loose that one... :(

But after a tough week of practice and some gut checking, Central rebounds in a hard fought battle and ends West Brooks Beaumont Bowl win streak.  Not predicting a score but just a win. :)

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1043919" timestamp="1314632079"]
Soulja, i picked against my own school in the Pick'em last week cause I knew we would loose that one... :(

But after a tough week of practice and some gut checking, Central rebounds in a hard fought battle and ends West Brooks Beaumont Bowl win streak.  Not predicting a score but just a win. :)
[/quote]

Followed by 8 more wins, a district crown and 6 playoff wins to take state!  :D

We can all dream can't we?  But they will win this coming Friday.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1043919" timestamp="1314632079"]

[/quote]I hope you're right.  I picked us to win last week, but went on the preview show on Wednesday and stated that we'll lose but Memorial would not put up 38 points on us.  Boy, I've been eating crow all weekend, and I don't like it one bit! 

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1043922" timestamp="1314632223"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=87356.msg1043919#msg1043919 date=1314632079]

[/quote]

Followed by 8 more wins, a district crown and 6 playoff wins to take state!  :D

We can all dream can't we?  But they will win this coming Friday.
[/quote]Pssst...  Ha ha!  Yea right!  :D :D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1044103" timestamp="1314646458"]
Central.
[/quote]Thats a good possibility they will win. Based on how we played, in the second half, against Ozen, it wouldn't suprise me a bit to see Central pull it off. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope we come out slinging the ball around, but my gut feeling tells me it will be more of the same.

Well as always, I have to disagree with a "player gettin showcased"...lol....did anyone figure that the Beaumont bowl stays in the west end....the way you mature a qb is to throw him in the fire...but u want him to get use to being in the game....can we run the ball?....heck yeah!...ask PAM....do we need to work on the passing game? yes...absolutely...it's really easy to sit back and criticize...a kid starting his 3rd or 4th game....try using a brain before assuming that a player is getting showcased...the more time our "show case player" gets whippn that ball the better he will be in November...it goes by fast, no time for regret, and no time to please critics....try and think to form a logical explanation of why the coaching staff would do this....I can relate...not because of my awesome little league coaching experience, but from my real world training of the finest fighting force in the world....the US Marine Corps... preparation, planning, strategy, defense, offense alternate planning and supplementary planning...only we can't see video one week prior... ;)

If the show case kid(s) were not related to a coaching staff...we would not be having this conversation....

I was always kept an open door policy...still do...and so does Coach Stump....I don't think we need to leave a door open on this matter....meaning if you have something to say, don't beat around the bush say it....but to the right man's face...not behind a screen.... ;)

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1044299" timestamp="1314662762"]
Well as always, I have to disagree with a "[b]player gettin showcased[/b]"...lol....did anyone figure that the Beaumont bowl stays in the west end....the way you mature a qb is to throw him in the fire...but u want him to get use to being in the game....can we run the ball?....heck yeah!...ask PAM....do we need to work on the passing game? yes...absolutely...it's really easy to sit back and criticize...a kid starting his 3rd or 4th game....try using a brain before assuming that a player is getting showcased...the more time our "show case player" gets whippn that ball the better he will be in November...it goes by fast, no time for regret, and no time to please critics....try and think to form a logical explanation of why the coaching staff would do this....I can relate...not because of my awesome little league coaching experience, but from my real world training of the finest fighting force in the world....the US Marine Corps... preparation, planning, strategy, defense, offense alternate planning and supplementary planning...only we can't see video one week prior... ;)

If the show case kid(s) were not related to a coaching staff...we would not be having this conversation....

I was always kept an open door policy...still do...and so does Coach Stump....I don't think we need to leave a door open on this matter....meaning if you have something to say, don't beat around the bush say it....but to the right man's face...not behind a screen.... ;)
[/quote]Hey, man, I'm just the messenger.  :D :D

Well as always, I have to disagree with a "player gettin showcased"...lol....did anyone figure that the Beaumont bowl stays in the west end....the way you mature a qb is to throw him in the fire...but u want him to get use to being in the game....can we run the ball?....heck yeah!...ask PAM....do we need to work on the passing game? yes...absolutely...it's really easy to sit back and criticize...a kid starting his 3rd or 4th game....try using a brain before assuming that a player is getting showcased...the more time our "show case player" gets whippn that ball the better he will be in November...it goes by fast, no time for regret, and no time to please critics....try and think to form a logical explanation of why the coaching staff would do this....I can relate...not because of my awesome little league coaching experience, but from my real world training of the finest fighting force in the world....the US Marine Corps... preparation, planning, strategy, defense, offense alternate planning and supplementary planning...only we can't see video one week prior... ;)

[/quote]

MAN>>>>Sgt. I could not have said it better. Some people are born in and "eclipse". Negative. I do wonder how many critics have "actually coached" and "have kids that play". Go sign up for Little league, They need some coaches. Sgt is right and West Brook will win Friday!

Well as always, I have to disagree with a "player gettin showcased"...lol....did anyone figure that the Beaumont bowl stays in the west end....the way you mature a qb is to throw him in the fire...but u want him to get use to being in the game....can we run the ball?....heck yeah!...ask PAM....do we need to work on the passing game? yes...absolutely...it's really easy to sit back and criticize...a kid starting his 3rd or 4th game....try using a brain before assuming that a player is getting showcased...the more time our "show case player" gets whippn that ball the better he will be in November...it goes by fast, no time for regret, and no time to please critics....try and think to form a logical explanation of why the coaching staff would do this....I can relate...not because of my awesome little league coaching experience, but from my real world training of the finest fighting force in the world[b]....[u]the US Marine Corps... preparation, planning, strategy, defense, offense alternate planning and supplementary planning...only we can't see video one week prior... ;)[/u][/b]If the show case kid(s) were not related to a coaching staff...we would not be having this conversation....

[/quote]

You had me till the highlighted part...
Marine Plan A - Charge directly at the enemy
Marine Plan B - Count to 2 and charge directly at the enemy
Marine Plan C - Count to 4 and charge directly at the enemy....Plan D requires too many fingers while holding your weapon
Contingency A if enemy is not there....yell "HOORAH" real loud and charge directly at the machine gun fire
Contingency B - Go to bar, get plastered, start fight
Can't blame you though....your officers come from ancrapolis ;)

If Soulja doesn't have confidence then it may be a long year on the Northside...

I like Central's chances.  WB's oline, dispite coach Bowser's pleading, forgot how to block in the 2nd half after Ozen switched to a 4-2 alignement.  Also, that big 3 tech going down gave WB some size on the Dline which they lack now.  Of course, Central won't try to run downhill on WB but try to run out of shotgun so I guess I just talked myself out of picking Central....

[quote name="SFA85" post="1044396" timestamp="1314668314"]
I like Central's chances.  WB's oline, dispite coach Bowser's pleading, forgot how to block in the 2nd half after Ozen switched to a 4-2 alignement.  Also, that big 3 tech going down gave WB some size on the Dline which they lack now.  [b]Of course, Central won't try to run downhill on WB but try to run out of shotgun [/b] so I guess I just talked myself out of picking Central....
[/quote]85, I sware, you're a mind reader, man.  I don't know how you did it!

[quote name="rollinac" post="1044360" timestamp="1314666894"]
[quote author=Le Sgt Rey (French) link=topic=87356.msg1044299#msg1044299 date=1314662762]
Well as always, I have to disagree with a "player gettin showcased"...lol....did anyone figure that the Beaumont bowl stays in the west end....the way you mature a qb is to throw him in the fire...but u want him to get use to being in the game....can we run the ball?....heck yeah!...ask PAM....do we need to work on the passing game? yes...absolutely...it's really easy to sit back and criticize...a kid starting his 3rd or 4th game....try using a brain before assuming that a player is getting showcased...the more time our "show case player" gets whippn that ball the better he will be in November...it goes by fast, no time for regret, and no time to please critics....try and think to form a logical explanation of why the coaching staff would do this....I can relate...not because of my awesome little league coaching experience, but from my real world training of the finest fighting force in the world[b]....[u]the US Marine Corps... preparation, planning, strategy, defense, offense alternate planning and supplementary planning...only we can't see video one week prior... ;)[/u][/b]If the show case kid(s) were not related to a coaching staff...we would not be having this conversation....

[/quote]
[b]
You had me till the highlighted part...
Marine Plan A - Charge directly at the enemy
Marine Plan B - Count to 2 and charge directly at the enemy
Marine Plan C - Count to 4 and charge directly at the enemy....Plan D requires too many fingers while holding your weapon
Contingency A if enemy is not there....yell "HOORAH" real loud and charge directly at the machine gun fire
Contingency B - Go to bar, get plastered, start fight
Can't blame you though....your officers come from ancrapolis ;)[/b]

If Soulja doesn't have confidence then it may be a long year on the Northside...
[/quote]
That's what happens when u ruffle our feathers... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder