Liberty at Huntington

txcan

[quote name="BACK IN THE DAY" post="1045052" timestamp="1314736387"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=87345.msg1044335#msg1044335 date=1314665181]
Huffman has a higher than several hisd schools: kashmere (596), jones (686), furr (865), b.t. washington is slightly larger wih 946. La marque has 996 students. So does the difference in enrollment make a substantial difference on the 3A level and lower?
[/quote]So why are y'all playing Hardin with numbers barely in the 300's and boasting when you ran over them, not impressive for a school size of Liberty to beat Hardin but Very Impressive when little Hardin blew y'all out of the stadium.
[/quote]

if we go by school sizes it would be the equivalent of huffman bragging about beating liberty.. no one in liberty is really that thrilled about being hardin, it's just fun to go back and forth with the trash talk on here being that most of us actually know each other..  smh

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1044776" timestamp="1314719193"]
Wow I guess I need to get out more.I see alot of peeps posting Liberty winning by big.Im sorry but [b]Huntington isnt Hardin[/b] and I think this one is going to be closer.
  Last one to get  the ball wins.  Liberty 32 Huntington 28.
[/quote]

about the only difference is location, when have ya'll ever been good at anything? serious question.. i've juss never heard of huntington being a threat in anything.. at all. maybe i need to "get out more"

[quote name="dreski" post="1045229" timestamp="1314752470"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=87345.msg1044776#msg1044776 date=1314719193]
Wow I guess I need to get out more.I see alot of peeps posting Liberty winning by big.Im sorry but [b]Huntington isnt Hardin[/b] and I think this one is going to be closer.
[/quote]

about the only difference is location, when have ya'll ever been good at anything? serious question.. i've juss never heard of huntington being a threat in anything.. at all. maybe i need to "get out more"
[/quote]
Huntington has been good in Baseball but never in football. They have been good enough in football recently to stomp a mudhole in Liberty. Huntington has 15 starters back from that team.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1045244" timestamp="1314754241"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=87345.msg1045229#msg1045229 date=1314752470]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=87345.msg1044776#msg1044776 date=1314719193]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Huntington has been good in Baseball but never in football. They have been good enough in football recently to stomp a mudhole in Liberty. Huntington has 15 starters back from that team.
[/quote]

another hating falcon.. smh. do you guys have "lets hate on liberty" rallies?

[quote name="89falcon" post="1045244" timestamp="1314754241"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

correct me if im wrong, but they beat a terrible liberty team last year.. do they have a streak against liberty or something? and if u wanna compare liberty v huffman historically we've been stompin mud holes in ya'll for years up until recently, and ya'll are 4a.. juss haven't been reclassed yet.. find another thread to hate on guy

[quote name="dreski" post="1045250" timestamp="1314754715"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=87345.msg1045244#msg1045244 date=1314754241]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

correct me if im wrong, but they beat a terrible liberty team last year.. do they have a streak against liberty or something? and if u wanna compare liberty v huffman historically we've been stompin mud holes in ya'll for years up until recently, and ya'll are 4a.. juss haven't been reclassed yet.. find another thread to hate on guy
[/quote]
You have not beat Huffman recently. All of the same players that Huntington beat you with last year are back.

Sorry to disappoint some of yall but dont count on Huffman moving up. We have about 924 which is more than 80 below the cut off and we aren't gaining 80 in one year. Also I think everyone knows Liberty has a better history than Huffman that is pretty obvious.

Oh and Huntinton has some mean softball teams as well  ;D

[quote name="Panther087" post="1045327" timestamp="1314767145"]
Liberty will probably win this one.  The new coach has done a good job of scheduling.  Maybe he can get a game with Dayton next year
[/quote]

I would like to see Dayton and Liberty rebirth their rivalry. I know the two cities share commerce and entertainment. Why should they not share a spirited football game. They should haave a trophy to play for also..I heard their is a bell at the library in Liberty, Battle for the Liberty Bell, I don't know..do you? I think you do.  8)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LP0175" post="1045335" timestamp="1314771966"]
[quote author=Panther087 link=topic=87345.msg1045327#msg1045327 date=1314767145]
Liberty will probably win this one.  The new coach has done a good job of scheduling.  Maybe he can get a game with Dayton next year
[/quote]

You have a size disparity, Liberty !!  You're just begging for hurt.

I would like to see Dayton and Liberty rebirth their rivalry. I know the two cities share commerce and entertainment. Why should they not share a spirited football game. They should haave a trophy to play for also..I heard their is a bell at the library in Liberty, Battle for the Liberty Bell, I don't know..do you? I think you do.  8)
[/quote]

[quote name="LP0175" post="1045335" timestamp="1314771966"]
[quote author=Panther087 link=topic=87345.msg1045327#msg1045327 date=1314767145]
[/quote]

[/quote]

There is a bell in Liberty.  It is not all that mobile though.  The other point would be Dayton does not need to play Liberty and Liberty should not want to play Dayton.  This dicussion comes up every year and a few from Liberty that just don't get it always do a little jaw rattling.  The folks from Dayton are just baiting.  I was just getting into high school when this match up stopped.  There were times that it got fairly ugly the week leading up. 

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1045320" timestamp="1314762880"]
Sorry to disappoint some of yall but dont count on Huffman moving up. We have about 924 which is more than 80 below the cut off and we aren't gaining 80 in one year. Also I think everyone knows Liberty has a better history than Huffman that is pretty obvious.

Oh and Huntinton has some mean softball teams as well  ;D
[/quote]

dang.. didn't know that... that's almost double liberty's enrollment.

[quote name="Panther087" post="1045327" timestamp="1314767145"]
[/quote]

its the exact same schedule as last year.. and we def. don't need to play 4A POWERHOUSE dayton anytime soon, there's a big difference in talent and coaching. an i hate to admit that, being that i'm from liberty..

Guest beechnut
[quote name="txcan" post="1045806" timestamp="1314844243"]
I should have named this post "liberty at huntington + huffman enrollment"....for those of you that care, snapshot day has been set...
[/quote]

Sorry to rain on your parade cane but yall done on ours to. Liberty by forty three easily.

[quote name="Odessa_rules1" post="1046723" timestamp="1314977005"]
I don't see Liberty winning this game.  Their O-line is week and the team is pretty overrated.  That win against Hardin was pure luck.  Hardin wins that game 9 out of 10 times.  Let's just hope Huntington doesn't run up the score on these boys. 
Prediction?  Pain....45-7 Hardin...at the half.
[/quote]

they win 9 out of 10 times but gets blanked? i don't even need to go into how you sound.. your showing everyone just how much we should value your opinion..

[quote name="no-look" post="1044230" timestamp="1314655527"]
I dont know who will win it...... but why should Liberty win that big? Didn't Huntington beat them handily last year?  Just sayin...
[/quote]

Yeah they did. Huntington took them to the woodshed last year.  I'm sure they're still in their heads.  No way you get over such a beating in a year.  Liberty needs to get some better tackles.  Not a single Div.III prospect in the bunch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder