PA MEMORIAL vs. BEAUMONT CENTRAL BROADCAST/Titans win!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1041600" timestamp="1314404906"]
Man, PAM came to play, and they're leading, but they're [b]playing dirty.....late hits, smashing players into the turf[/b], ect. Central needs to step it up!
[/quote]What are you talking about??????????

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1042273" timestamp="1314418533"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=87215.msg1041600#msg1041600 date=1314404906]
Man, PAM came to play, and they're leading, but they're [b]playing dirty.....late hits, smashing players into the turf[/b], ect. Central needs to step it up!
[/quote]What are you talking about??????????
[/quote]Did not see any of that going on.

Let me start off by saying that Central did everything in the book that a bad team does.  It starts off up front. Our offensive line cannot block ANYONE.  They get drove back, they get beat around the outsides, they get beat on the insides, our RB's don't know how to pick up the blitz.  Second is coaching. First play from scrimmage was a single back stretch handoff, which we gained 15 yards.  We went away from that and tried that stupid lead draw out of the shotgun.  This play didn't work at all last year and it sure in the heck won't work this year.  Old school coaching mentality at it's best.  Don't go with what works, keep trying the same crap that WON't work.  Tell me how that worked out. 

On defense, we run the weakest zone I've ever seen.  We get beat on slants, we have cornerbacks that never look back for the ball.  We have horrible tackling.  We don't know how to take angles to the ball.  And when you have a blue chipper RB bursting your way, you watch him come to you only to have him put a move on you and take it to paydirt.  No one attacks the ball.  If you are being blocked by an offensive lineman and he releases on you, common sense will tell you there is a screen pass brewing.  Not us.  Also on defense, when playing a good team (PAM), you take away something.  No way they should be able to pass and run on you at will.  Take away one or the other.  Not us.  The kicker is (when down 28-0 at halftime) after halftime absolutely NO halftime adjustments were made.  NON.  We're lucky Memorial called the dogs off or the score would have been ran up.  People don't gather and go to these games to see the same braindead coaching over and over again.  Memorial did what they were supposed to do.  Beat the breaks off of a not so good team (that includes braindead coaching).  In order for us to win ball games this year and maybe even move the ball downfield will probably be to let Mitchell do it himself because he sure in the hack does not have any help.  This is not Central football by a long shot.  We're supposed to hang out hat on defense.  What I seen tonight was el maditor defense.  This is how the coach from 2004 got his butt ran out of town.  Somebody needs to get their behinds in gear and put this team in a position to be competitive at one point or another.  This is downright embarrassing and it seems like you are showing our kids that it's ok to get beat like that. 

I'm off of my soapbox now.  I an only hope that we are SOMEWHAT Competitive against West Brook next week.  Unbelievable.  Un-freakin believable. 

By the way, Memorial is a good team and they will make a strong case for district champs.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1042336" timestamp="1314421591"]
Let me start off by saying that Central did everything in the book that a bad team does.  It starts off up front. Our offensive line cannot block ANYONE.  They get drove back, they get beat around the outsides, they get beat on the insides, our RB's don't know how to pick up the blitz.  Second is coaching. First play from scrimmage was a single back stretch handoff, which we gained 15 yards.  We went away from that and tried that stupid lead draw out of the shotgun.  This play didn't work at all last year and it sure in the heck won't work this year.  Old school coaching mentality at it's best.  Don't go with what works, keep trying the same crap that WON't work.  Tell me how that worked out. 

On defense, we run the weakest zone I've ever seen.  We get beat on slants, we have cornerbacks that never look back for the ball.  We have horrible tackling.  We don't know how to take angles to the ball.  And when you have a blue chipper RB bursting your way, you watch him come to you only to have him put a move on you and take it to paydirt.  No one attacks the ball.  If you are being blocked by an offensive lineman and he releases on you, common sense will tell you there is a screen pass brewing.  Not us.  Also on defense, when playing a good team (PAM), you take away something.  No way they should be able to pass and run on you at will.  Take away one or the other.  Not us.  The kicker is (when down 28-0 at halftime) after halftime absolutely NO halftime adjustments were made.  NON.  We're lucky Memorial called the dogs off or the score would have been ran up.  People don't gather and go to these games to see the same braindead coaching over and over again.  Memorial did what they were supposed to do.  Beat the breaks off of a not so good team (that includes braindead coaching).  In order for us to win ball games this year and maybe even move the ball downfield will probably be to let Mitchell do it himself because he sure in the hack does not have any help.  This is not Central football by a long shot.  We're supposed to hang out hat on defense.  What I seen tonight was el maditor defense.  This is how the coach from 2004 got his butt ran out of town.  Somebody needs to get their behinds in gear and put this team in a position to be competitive at one point or another.  This is downright embarrassing and it seems like you are showing our kids that it's ok to get beat like that. 

I'm off of my soapbox now.  I an only hope that we are SOMEWHAT Competitive against West Brook next week.  Unbelievable.  Un-freakin believable. 

By the way, Memorial is a good team and they will make a strong case for district champs.
[/quote]

Hey soulja, you ever thought that maybe the jags just don't  have what it takes this year.  I highly doubt that the same set of coaches you bragged on the last few years suddenly forgot how to coach football. You know the old saying, You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.  :D

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1042374" timestamp="1314426244"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87215.msg1042336#msg date=1314421591]

[/quote]

Hey soulja, you ever thought that maybe the jags just don't  have what it takes this year.  I highly doubt that the same set of coaches you bragged on the last few years suddenly forgot how to coach football. You know the old saying, You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.  :D
[/quote]Its a little of everything.  It just seems that you have 2 a days and 3 weeks of practice and you should expect to see a better product than that.  If you were at the game, and whitnessed what I whintessed, you'd feel the same way.  I saw quit in the players and staff. (in the first half of the game.  You say 'yea, it was the same coaching staff from last year'.  It was questionable last year as well.

I will always remember this game as the "pitch and catch" game for Memorial.  Because it became a point when it would appear that Singleton would close his eyes and throw passes knowing our defense wouldn't make a play on the ball.  We lined up in that SAME defense all night and Memorial continued to eat it for lunch.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1042341" timestamp="1314421934"]
Central never starts off good when young.
[/quote]That may be true.  But I did expect to see more effort from the team as a whole.  You look across the board at a game like WO-S /Nederland Nederland was down early.  They stepped it up, became more competitive and not only did they compete against the likes of WO-S, but they won the game. And all I asked was we be competitive.  Even That's a tall order for us. 

soulja ur boys will b ok, u guys will b in the running but i think the titans will finish 6-4 at best cause of our soft schedule that will hurt us we play ns wb n lp, playin alice, south houston, n aldine is not gonna help us. aldine is not the aldine of the 80's n 90's when tj use to meet em in the 1st round, i hope im wrong

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1042423" timestamp="1314447312"]
Central always needs the first 2 games to find themselves....and like always, in mid October you'll be like....I wish we can play West Brook now, etc....get off the tissue paper already....see you at the tail gate!
[/quote]Miracles  don't happen twice.  Last year, there was a bell that went off after the WB loss and the change was like night and day.  I don't think it will happen this year.  It may be a more gradual change if any at all.  And I'm not on the 'tissue paper'...  Last night?  Maybe...  Not now.  ;D  ;D

[quote name="sfa87" post="1042430" timestamp="1314450161"]
soulja ur boys will b ok, u guys will b in the running but [b]i think the titans will finish 6-4 at best cause of our soft schedule that will hurt us we play ns wb n lp, playin alice, south houston, n aldine is not gonna help us. aldine is not the aldine of the 80's n 90's[/b] when tj use to meet em in the 1st round, i hope im wrong
[/quote]Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding....we have a winner Johnny! Some of you PAM folks are already trying to buy tickets to the Texas Bowl and make hotel reservations. Dont put the cart before the horse. As you say, "there are 15 more games to win!" I wouldn't look too far ahead. True, PAM looks to be a decent team again this year, but the run through district won't be easy.....and your light pre-season schedule wont help you much. Just sayin. I think i would get ready for Ozen, instead of making state championship predictions.

[quote name="sfa87" post="1042430" timestamp="1314450161"]
soulja ur boys will b ok, u guys will b in the running but i think the titans will finish 6-4 at best cause of our soft schedule that will hurt us we play ns wb n lp, playin alice, south houston, n aldine is not gonna help us. aldine is not the aldine of the 80's n 90's when tj use to meet em in the 1st round, i hope im wrong
[/quote]No. Those guys will be battling North Shore the district title.  They are a legit team.  Remember, Dave Campbell picked them to make it to the State Simies.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1042442" timestamp="1314451196"]
[quote author=sfa87 link=topic=87215.msg1042430#msg date=1314450161]
soulja ur boys will b ok, u guys will b in the running but [b]i think the titans will finish 6-4 at best cause of our soft schedule that will hurt us we play ns wb n lp, playin alice, south houston, n aldine is not gonna help us. aldine is not the aldine of the 80's n 90's[/b] when tj use to meet em in the 1st round, i hope im wrong
[/quote]Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding....we have a winner Johnny! Some of you PAM folks are already trying to buy tickets to the Texas Bowl and make hotel reservations. Dont put the cart before the horse. As you say, "there are 15 more games to win!" I wouldn't look too far ahead. True, PAM looks to be a decent team again this year, but the run through district won't be easy.....and your light pre-season schedule wont help you much. Just sayin. I think i would get ready for Ozen, instead of making state championship predictions.
[/quote]There were PA people talking before the game, but I think they are happy and satisfied for the win and just hopes that this momentum carries over to next week.  I know quite a few of them and for the most part, they want improvement from their squad so that they can compete with the powerhouses.  They play who are on their schedule, who happens to be Ozen and Central. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1042443" timestamp="1314451294"]
[/quote]No. Those guys will be battling North Shore the district title.  They are a legit team.  Remember, Dave Campbell picked them to make it to the State Simies.
[/quote]When was the last time Dave Campbell right about a prediction? lol!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1042491" timestamp="1314455320"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87215.msg1042443#msg1042443 date=1314451294]
[/quote]When was the last time Dave Campbell right about a prediction? lol!
[/quote]Yes, you're right about that. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124