Newton 42 Buna 3 Final/Comments

Great job Newton. They took it to Buna in all parts of the game. Good luck with Marlin hope you guys continue to ROLL... That being said we are proud of the cougars and hope those seniors realize how far you guys have come. You guys were 0-9 last year and turned our program around. Hold your heads up and you younger guys build on what these seniors have started. Great season. Enjoyed watching you guys and look forward to next year. As for the smack talking it's all in fun and if a fan does not think their team has a chance to win then they should not support their team.

Great job Newton. They took it to Buna in all parts of the game. Good luck with Marlin hope you guys continue to ROLL... That being said we are proud of the cougars and hope those seniors realize how far you guys have come. You guys were 0-9 last year and turned our program around. Hold your heads up and you younger guys build on what these seniors have started. Great season. Enjoyed watching you guys and look forward to next year. As for the smack talking it's all in fun and if a fan does not think their team has a chance to win then they should not support their team.

You have a team to be proud of. You never gave up, and have very loyal and vocal fans. Good luck in the future. Our hats are off to you. You have our respect. :)

Good luck to Newton in the playoffs. This was a big year for the buna football program. the seniors played great and stayed positive all year. i could not have been more proud of them. those kids are my friends and former teamates. the only thing that would have made this season better for me is if we had been 2A two years earlier so my classmates and i could have experienced it. these kids came from 0-9 to 7-3 and a playoff bid. their success has completely turned around the program. i cant remember when we have ever had so many fans in the bleachers for a game. barbay is a class act and so is his team. everyone knew that newton was too much for buna to handle, but i am glad everyone stayed so positive. if you dont believe that u have a chance to win the game than there is no reason to take the field. good luck to newton in the future and i hope they bring the title back to southeast texas.

A team has to learn to win and it can't be done in one game or even one yr. Once a team starts winning the fans start showing up, the players work a little harder, the younger kids see that they CAN compete with other schools and a winning program is born. The perfect example of this is Kirbyville, look how far they have come in just the last 4 or 5 yrs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476