Verifying

MoFo

I heard a rumour that the PA Titans had no paperwork for any player at the certification. I heard they will be allowed to participate during the season but not the playoffs. Just seeing if this is true and where the ball was dropped (pardon the pun).

[quote name="MoFo" post="1040566" timestamp="1314288538"]
I heard a rumour that the PA Titans had no paperwork for any player at the certification. I heard they will be allowed to participate during the season but not the playoffs. Just seeing if this is true and where the ball was dropped (pardon the pun).
[/quote] please stay in your own league.............

[quote name="One4All" post="1040587" timestamp="1314290631"]
[quote author=MoFo link=topic=87137.msg1040566#msg1040566 date=1314288538]
[/quote] please stay in your own league.............
[/quote]

Since they are in STJFL and they are competitors, it seems like a perfectly good question. I would like to know what happened as well.

Ok...was a simple question, figured it would be better to ask the truth on here as oppossed to hearing all the rumors out there.......was just wondering if it was a lack of communication, or if the coaches in PA needed some assitants in learning the proper ways of certifying, I know from experience it can be a very confussing process.

Yes it is not like everyone hasnt heard. I have heard from one extreme to the other and figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I coached for Beaumont the first year and we (and I stress we with me included) made some "rookie" mistakes also. I think it is expected to happen with the formation of a new team, the best thing is to learn from it and try and prevent it from happening again.

[quote name="MoFo" post="1041174" timestamp="1314372504"]
Yes it is not like everyone hasnt heard. I have heard from one extreme to the other and figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I coached for Beaumont the first year and we (and I stress we with me included) made some "rookie" mistakes also. I think it is expected to happen with the formation of a new team, the best thing is to learn from it and try and prevent it from happening again.
[/quote]

agreed......maybe a rep from STJFL should guide a new team through their first certification. Just a thought....

the presidents name& number is listed on the stjfl web site if u guys want valid answers to the valid questions.the stjfl does everything possible to help & assist new/old teams with any problems that arise.most of the rules that are broken are common sense & are found on the web site.

Sounds like a very valid question to me ... I understand the whole certification process might be confusing but in my opinion if paperwork is not in order they should not be allowed to play ... i would be all for the league giving them extra time and/or help with it .. but just saying oh well, you didnt get your stuff together .. you can play anyway doesnt seem fair!  Just my opinion ..

[quote name="sportsfan94" post="1041343" timestamp="1314386665"]
Sounds like a very valid question to me ... I understand the whole certification process might be confusing but in my opinion if paperwork is not in order they should not be allowed to play ... i would be all for the league giving them extra time and/or help with it .. but just saying oh well, you didnt get your stuff together .. you can play anyway doesnt seem fair!  Just my opinion ..
[/quote]
I'm with you on this one. 

The STJFL Board addressed the issue - your local board members should be able to give you all of the details but basically, PA admitted they screwed up, the board is giving them a second chance and will be involved in future registrations, etc. and they cannot make the playoffs this year...seems like a fair decision to me.  Like I said, your local board can probably give you all the intimate details.

Definitely an STJFL board matter; however, it's too bad that a group of adult coaches had to sour the post season chances for a group of kids that had no part in the matter (except for doing what they were told).  Gotta play by the rules coaches!  Like I said in my post earlier, it was more than just a small innocent oversight.  Those guys intentionally broke the rules.  Sorry kids...

The first I heard about this was on this forum.  I have read the posts and I have this to say:

It appears that PA did not have their children certified as required.  The STJFL had dates and times posted well in advance.  I am sure individual team presidents knew of the date and times without having to check the STJFL website.  They are being allowed to play anyway despite not following the rules that are set out in order to participate.

Certifications are in place to make sure that the players meet the age, weight, grade, and residence requirements.  If the children are not going through this process, then why were the other teams made to do it?  If one does not do it; then no one should have had to do it.

Before anyone jumps on my case: I think the children should be able to play.  It's not their faults the adults messed up.  I don't know what the solution is to this mess.  My first thought was to have them certify NOW; however, games have already started.  I just hope that none of the kids get hurt while playing against the PA teams and it is found out that because they were never required to certify, the PA child was in the wrong league (not sure if that is the right word) and should have been in a higher one due to weight or age.  Or did not meet the residence requirements to play on the PA team.

That is just my opinion and I'm sure I will get a lot of backlash from it.  Not trying to be mean to anyone so please, if you do comment, don't be mean to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics