P. A. Memorial @ Beaumont Central... predictions

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HubTx" post="1039050" timestamp="1313977468"]
Looking forward to broadcasting this one Friday night at The Butch!!!! Both teams have great QB play, and I'm ready to watch them go at it!!!!
[/quote]I agree.  I look forward to it as well.  I hope my Jags have an impressive showing and battle with those 2 Memorial blue chipper players (Singleton and Holmes).

[quote name="HubTx" post="1039063" timestamp="1313978210"]
And for the record, don't put a lot of stock into a scrimmage, no matter who it was against... I'm not a believer in basing a team's talent off of a scrimmage... It's pre-season and you don't show it all!!!
[/quote]That's true.  I know.

[quote name="jr1979" post="1039070" timestamp="1313978611"]
No disrespect Soulja, but I gotta go with them Titans on this one. Too much experience in the skill position.
[/quote]I think our D-Line will be getting after Singleton and will be punching Holmes in the mouth.  We'll hold our own.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1039077" timestamp="1313978775"]
[quote author=jr1979 link=topic=86998.msg1039070#msg1039070 date=1313978611]
No disrespect Soulja, but I gotta go with them Titans on this one. Too much experience in the skill position.
[/quote]I think our D-Line will be getting after Singleton and will be punching Holmes in the mouth.  We'll hold our own.
[/quote]
Haven't seen either of the two of you play this year, but I hear that O-Line for Memorial is Massive.....

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1039314" timestamp="1314026619"]
Running downhill all night and the receivers will be catching those on the money passes from Singleton friday night, this will be a repeat from last season 48 -14
[/quote]And you think we'll just let you run downhill?  I think we'll be ready for Memorial's running game.  The X factor is will we be ready for Singlton when he decides to High Tail it.  If we can key in on this, I like our chances with the upset.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1039327" timestamp="1314030693"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=86998.msg1039314#msg date=1314026619]
Running downhill all night and the receivers will be catching those on the money passes from Singleton friday night, this will be a repeat from last season 48 -14
[/quote]And you think we'll just let you run downhill?  I think we'll be ready for Memorial's running game.  The X factor is will we be ready for Singlton when he decides to High Tail it.  If we can key in on this, I like our chances with the upset.
[/quote]You guys are gonna have to pick your poison, stop holmes, singleton and mayfield running or stop singleton as he chunks the ball all over the field.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1039395" timestamp="1314039394"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86998.msg1039327#msg1039327 date=1314030693]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=86998.msg1039314#msg date=1314026619]
[/quote]You guys are gonna have to pick your poison, stop holmes, singleton and mayfield running or stop singleton as he chunks the ball all over the field.
[/quote]You guys are going to have to pick your poison as well.  Come after Mitchell and leave single coverage on our recievers or sit back and give him time and let him pick you apart. Also by sitting back, you may cause him to scramble, which is not a good thing.

Saw most of the Central/Lamarque scrimmage. Based on that, I have to give the nod to PAM in this one. The Titans will be in Central's backfield all night. The Jags definitely appear to have some issues on the O-Line that are going to cause them some problems if it's not corrected. Not sure if Central's D can stop that passing attack, either. It would suprise me if Central wins.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1039414" timestamp="1314041840"]
Saw most of the Central/Lamarque scrimmage. Based on that, I have to give the nod to PAM in this one. The Titans will be in Central's backfield all night. The Jags definitely appear to have some issues on the O-Line that are going to cause them some problems if it's not corrected. Not sure if Central's D can stop that passing attack, either. It would suprise me if Central wins.
[/quote]That Central O-Line was going up against probably the best front 7 they will face all year.  I doubt Memorial's defense are fast off the edges and hit hard like the Coogs.  Also, I don't think our O-line was ready for that kind of scrimmage after scrimmaging a horrible Worthing team.  There is a major increase in quality between worthing and lamarque.  I expect we go go work on O-Line drills this week and we'll be ready to move the football this Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder