Hardin vs. Liberty

Guest HHSalumni

Guest HHSalumni
Should be an exciting game. Will be played at War Memorial Stadium in Liberty this Friday night.

Hardin won last year 56-28 after tallying up 500 total yards of Offense in this heated rivalry.

I am thinking this will be a much closer game, as the Liberty squad is much more experienced than last year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HHSalumni" post="1038231" timestamp="1313861548"]
Should be an exciting game. Will be played at War Memorial Stadium in Liberty this Friday night.

Hardin won last year 56-28 after tallying up 500 total yards of Offense in this heated rivalry.

I am thinking this will be a much closer game, as the Liberty squad is much more experienced than last year.
[/quote]Liberty wins by two touchdowns.

Guest HHSalumni
Ex-Panther

In the other thread you stated "Liberty will kill Hardin" but in this thread you have Liberty by two TD's.

If a win is a Kill, please inform us all. I was under the impression that if you killed somebody, it would not even be close at all.

Hardin 56
Liberty 28      I would almost consider that a Kill.

[quote name="trigger21" post="1038349" timestamp="1313874498"]
a two a school beating down on the mighty panthers ha ha hwo funny? your boy deal really racking up the two ones huh? GO HARDIN
[/quote]
Easily the most uneducated comment I have ever read. Deel will have his men in line for this match up, Panthers by 3 touchdowns.

Guest trigger21
[quote name="SetX6" post="1038355" timestamp="1313875183"]
[quote author=trigger21 link=topic=86959.msg1038349#msg1038349 date=1313874498]
a two a school beating down on the mighty panthers ha ha hwo funny? your boy deal really racking up the two ones huh? GO HARDIN
[/quote]
Easily the most uneducated comment I have ever read. Deel will have his men in line for this match up, Panthers by 3 touchdowns.
[/quote]
Ok  8)

[quote name="SetX6" post="1038355" timestamp="1313875183"]
[quote author=trigger21 link=topic=86959.msg1038349#msg1038349 date=1313874498]
[/quote]
[/quote]

classic

I believe Liberty wins this one by 3 scores. Hardin has a good passing attack that picked H-D apart. The offensive scheme that Haynes runs is awesome. Hardin will score on Liberty via the air a few times. Problem is... Hardin is very small and young, also the Hornet defense can't stop the run. Liberty will have size in the trenches over Hardin. Neither teams are any good, neither makes the playoffs this year. But... Liberty wins this game 42-21. If they run at Hardin?

Guest trigger21
Liberty acts like its doing something by beating a two a school? Man up and play someone and stop trying to get fat on smaller schools. Grades usually wipe out about a third of the Liberty players so come district roster may change.  ???

[quote name="trigger21" post="1038579" timestamp="1313896921"]
Liberty acts like its doing something by beating a two a school? Man up and play someone and stop trying to get fat on smaller schools. Grades usually wipe out about a third of the Liberty players so come district roster may change.  ???
[/quote]
Actually bud, Hardin is 5 miles down the road so it's called a rivalry, I know last year was the first time they played but it's already intense and both teams talk like they will win this game so it's not a given that Liberty takes this, and Liberty lost a total of 0 players on the varsity level to grades last year, IDK about the year before but I know it was pretty bad the year before last, but grades have improved.

Guest HHSalumni
1st time they played each other????

Where have you been? Were you not around in the decade of the 1990's when these two teams were in the same district year in and year out.

[quote name="HHSalumni" post="1038768" timestamp="1313948941"]
1st time they played each other????

Where have you been? Were you not around in the decade of the 1990's when these two teams were in the same district year in and year out.
[/quote]Yep and Hardin never ever made the playoffs. Hardin has one of the lowest winning percentages in the State of Texas since the start of their football program.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="SetX6" post="1038647" timestamp="1313928817"]
[quote author=trigger21 link=topic=86959.msg1038579#msg1038579 date=1313896921]
[/quote]
Actually bud, Hardin is 5 miles down the road so it's called a rivalry, I know last year was the first time they played but it's already intense and both teams talk like they will win this game so it's not a given that Liberty takes this, and Liberty lost a total of 0 players on the varsity level to grades last year, IDK about the year before but I know it was pretty bad the year before last, but grades have improved.
[/quote]

Yeah, this guys is definately a coach at Liberty

[/quote]

Ummm, in pre district, 3a's play 2a's all of the time.  Liberty didn't get fat off of Hardin last year.  Hardin ate Liberty's butt up.  It's actually quite a good match up and I am expecting a close game.  Hardin is not as bad as everyone thinks they will be. Chayse Taylor may be as good, if not better than, Miles Taylor.  Obviously their receiviers took a hit losing James and Hall, but Kale Rives is an impressive looking athlete and will help out a bunch.  This will be a telling game for Liberty.  If they are as good as advertised, they need to strum Hardin.  A loss or a close game might indicate that the Panthers are just the same ol' same ol'.  We shall see.

Hardin did lose valuable players last year,but here's the Deel,inconsistency on Liberty's part may give this game to Hardin.  I dont even want to go there about the grades.Like the coach said,0 lost to grades,so dont bet on losing any players this year.If Hardin plays hard and well they can win it. I have to go with Liberty because they're just a little bit bigger team and could wear down Hardin.  Liberty 22  Hardin 16.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1038869" timestamp="1313961605"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=86959.msg1038647#msg1038647 date=1313928817]
[/quote]

i happen to know him.. he's def. a 17 yr. old student.. lol dunno if hardin's coaches should feel insulted or if setx6 should feel good about himself.. smh
[/quote]

Yeah, this guys is definately a coach at Liberty

[/quote]

Ummm, in pre district, 3a's play 2a's all of the time.  Liberty didn't get fat off of Hardin last year.  Hardin ate Liberty's butt up.  It's actually quite a good match up and I am expecting a close game.  Hardin is not as bad as everyone thinks they will be. Chayse Taylor may be as good, if not better than, Miles Taylor.  Obviously their receiviers took a hit losing James and Hall, but Kale Rives is an impressive looking athlete and will help out a bunch.  This will be a telling game for Liberty.  If they are as good as advertised, they need to strum Hardin.  A loss or a close game might indicate that the Panthers are just the same ol' same ol'.  We shall see.
[/quote]

Well... I was at the Hardin vs H-D game, and if H-D plays just an average game, they would have had a chance to beat Hardin. I seen a 1A team (H-D) push Hardin around in the trenches. Although Hardin picked H-D apart in the air. Hardin is small and Liberty is gonna be bigger and more physical than H-D was. If Liberty runs at Hardin, the Hornets will have a long night. Also Liberty better have a better secondary scheme than H-D had. Hardin has a great passing attack and will connect with#84 and #9. Hardin's defense will be tested by Liberty. Again I say:

Liberty 42
Hardin 21

Guest HHSalumni
Liberty 41
Hardin 34

Going to be a good game, in shoot-out fashion. Hoping Hardin will win, but I believe Liberty will upset the Hornets this year.

I'm not sure how it's gonna play out. But it's always fun to watch the school my kids go to play the school I graduated from. Get to see some heartfelt football, cause none of them boys wants to lose to the other, and old friends. All that being said...I'll have to go for our hornets by a touchdown just because I'd get yelled at otherwise...lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83