Baytown Lee vs. Angleton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1037873" timestamp="1313800650"]
Angleton on o
Play action incomplete
31 at qb
False start
Still at 30
2nd down and ten
Run to 2 for ten yards
Lee defense looks very suspect already
Lol
Angleton runs a reverse on the third play for a 60 yard td
Not sure what thatdoes for you in a scrimmage but it worked
[/quote] :o

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1037873" timestamp="1313800650"]
Angleton on o
Play action incomplete
31 at qb
False start
Still at 30
2nd down and ten
Run to 2 for ten yards
Lee defense looks very suspect already
Lol
Angleton runs a reverse on the third play for a 60 yard td
[b]Not sure what thatdoes for you in a scrimmage [/b]but it worked
[/quote]

Sounds like it scores a 60 yrd TD :D

I think he got the ball about two times, and he had another that he dropped.
He played probably two or three plays on defense.
Probably only played 7 or 8 plays on offense truth be told.

They never had a game portion.

It was the most unusual scrimmage I have ever been to.  The first team probably only played about 15% of the time, if that.
Lee may have been trying to avoid injuries.  The first drive lasted maybe 10 plays, and the last 4 of those plays had the second team.
Lee's first team didn't get the ball again until about 75 minutes later.
On that drive, they moved down to about the 35 of Angleton in 6 plays....then put the second team in again.
Never saw the first team in again the rest of the night.  So, out of about 80 plays on offense probably, the first string was in on 10-12.

Lee's offense looked potent enough.
Johnson ran well, very shifty.  Zellars is a good runner.  Landry, Richardson, Randle and the other tall kid are all above average receivers.
The offensive line left a lot to be desired, particularly with the pass protection, but I could be remembering the times when the second string was in.

Second string for Lee means JV guys that suited up and third string means freshman guys that suited up for varsity.
There were probably 28 guys on varsity in all.  I am hoping that a few more will turn up once school starts, but I am not going to hold my breath.

The Lee defense was downright awful. 
Angleton's 4th team offense could have hung 50 on Lee's first string defense.
Angleton has a lot of fast, quick backs.  The 4th string running back could probably start at corner for Lee.
I think Angleton is going to have a very good offense this year.  The qb is good enough and he has all sorts of weapons.  Lot more misdirection this year than I recall from last year.

The Angleton defense is not as ferocious this year as last year, with Diggs no longer patrolling the middle.
The defense can be had, but overall Angleton is a very good team.

If it were a real game, my best guess would be Angleton 63 Lee 35

Lee is in for a rough century.

They just don't have anyone physical enough to play defense the way it needs to be played. 
Zellars would make a good linebacker, and Richardson and Landry and the like would make good d-backs.
They don't really have anyone that can do any penetrating and hitting.

#8, I wanna say the other Richardson, is the only one that had any success getting into the backfield and making a play.
It was just one mis-direction after another, creasing them up the middle, getting the edge with the greatest of ease.

It was tough to watch as a Gander fan.
I don't think Angleton would have had much luck stopping Lee's offense either though.

Lee is going to have to out-score opponents.
I'd like to see them next week in a real game when they are trying to put the best people in there to try and win a game.
Then I will have a better idea of whether I need to waste my gas money driving from Missouri City to Baytown and beyond every weekend.

Sounds about right.
Angleton's second and third team are definitely much better than Lee's.  As UHCoog pointed out so eloquently, Lee has a second team?Not really, it's just freshmen and sophomores that were brought up for this scrimmage to give enough bodies.  Angleton's guys were probably seniors that just aren't good enough to crack Angleton's lineup, but they are a hell of a lot better than these sophomores and freshmen guys that have no business being on varsity.  It was a score every other play once they got in there.
Of course I wouldn't expect your buddy to be able to discern the difference between Lee's first and second team offense.
Speedy, Landry, Zellars and Johnson simply didn't play more than 12 plays(if that) the whole scrimmage.

Hell, they didn't even keep the first team in for the entire first drive of the whole scrimmage.  After 8 plays or so, the second team came in.
Like I said, it was unusual.

First team on first team it was 3-1 Angleton.
But again, Angleton;s first team ran about 25-30 plays total probably on offense.  Lee's maybe 10-12, and Lee's first team was never stopped, never had to start over back at the 30. 
They moved the first time to the 20 in 8 plays or so, and the second time they moved maybe 45 yards in 5 or 6 plays and then were pulled in favor of the second team.

I felt that Angleton could have stopped Lee's first team a time or two though eventually, which is why I gave the score prediction I did. 
No way Lee could stop Angleton.

Maybe Jabu can shed some light on what exactly Lee was doing last night with the substitution patterns.

I can't say as I blame the coach necessarily.  When you only have 28 guys on the team, and the whole team really revolves around those 7-8 guys that are actually really good players, you can't be messing around in scrimmage getting someone hurt.

Selfishgly speaking, it made for a long night for me.
After that second series of 1 v 1's which was after 8:00 pm by this point, I just KNEW they were saving the guys for a game portion or something.  Nope.  Sat around another hour watching to no avail.

I really was not able to glean much from the scrimmage.  Lee has a horrible defense when Speedy, Zellars and Landry are not playing both ways.  I can't say as they would have stopped them if they had played both ways.  Probably not. 

Which is again why I think we will find out much more about Lee next week.
This week seemed more like an NFL pre-season game.  Very little playing time for anyone that will actually be playing on Friday night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476