Hardin vs. Hull-Daisetta Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

In a game conditions scrimmage, at the end of a pretty sloppy 1st quarter.  Hardin leads Hull-Daisetta 6-0.  Hardin scored on a 40 yd pass. XP failed.

Jut before the end of the 1st, Marbury had a 80 yd TD called back on a clipping call.

I've watched Hardin practice, I will say I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm reading here. At this point in the scrimmage Hardin probably didnt  have any starters in, HD was able to score then. Looks like a real long year for HD, and we already know HD55, Yall won state in '79

Also, before so many other haters chime in, I realize we beat a small 1A school in a scrimmage, which will probably have no reflection as to what our year could be like, we are in a heck of a district and are probably gonna struggle through it. But we did beat a long standing rival and it feels real good right now

[quote name="bushpilot" post="1037275" timestamp="1313717990"]
I've watched Hardin practice, I will say I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm reading here. At this point in the scrimmage Hardin probably didnt  have any starters in, HD was able to score then. Looks like a real long year for HD, and we already know HD55, Yall won state in '79
[/quote]

hahahaha

[quote name="HDcats0422" post="1037582" timestamp="1313774690"]
I didn't see "blown coverages", I seen a stupid defensive package against a throwing team! Manned up on the outside with no safety, which is easy to go down field on and across the middle. Hardin's coaches just took what they were given
[/quote]Easy killer... I was referring to the first Hardin TD pass, right after HD fumbled the opening snap. If you recall the Hardin WR ran down the middle wide open with no one guarding him. Coach Slack yelled at Drake, saying what where you doing, that was your man. Hardin 6-0. H-D gave Hardin the game with mistakes. H-D was dominating on the offensive line and when the 80 yard TD gallop was called back it crushed H-D's momentum. Refs did not help either. Clipping on an 80 yard TD run by Marberry and a phantom strip of the ball on the 1 inch line, when the RB was on a knee. Hardin won and had a great passing attack. Congrats. Also Hardin was running 4 wr sets all game, H-D was playing man to man, most of the time your not gonna have a safety playing center field with those sets. Not in small school football.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1037591" timestamp="1313775640"]
[quote author=HDcats0422 link=topic=86858.msg1037582#msg1037582 date=1313774690]
I didn't see "blown coverages", I seen a stupid defensive package against a throwing team! Manned up on the outside with no safety, which is easy to go down field on and across the middle. Hardin's coaches just took what they were given
[/quote]Easy killer... I was referring to the first Hardin TD pass, right after HD fumbled the opening snap. If you recall the Hardin WR ran down the middle wide open with no one guarding him. Coach Slack yelled at Drake, saying what where you doing, that was your man. Hardin 6-0. H-D gave Hardin the game with mistakes. H-D was dominating on the offensive line and when the 80 yard TD gallop was called back it crushed H-D's momentum. Refs did not help either. Clipping on an 80 yard TD run by Marberry and a phantom strip of the ball on the 1 inch line, when the RB was on a knee. Hardin won and had a great passing attack. Congrats. Also Hardin was running 4 wr sets all game, H-D was playing man to man, most of the time your not gonna have a safety playing center field with those sets. Not in small school football.
[/quote]
Does HD ever just "lose" a game to a better team, it seems like they give them all away? Also, Hardin, running 4 WR sets, really, are you sure? They've only done that for the last 100 years, well for sure the last 4 that Haynes has been here. I hate that came as such a big surprise to yall, its not like we've played each other that much.....

It was a good scrimmage, but if they're running 4 wide and only running the ball 5% of the game then adjust! Don't have you LB's 2 yards off the ball. But on the fumble at the goalline....the runner was not down and ball was clearly stripped, we watched it straight on from the side

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HDcats0422" post="1037642" timestamp="1313780164"]
It was a good scrimmage, but if they're running 4 wide and only running the ball 5% of the game then adjust! Don't have you LB's 2 yards off the ball. But on the fumble at the goalline....the runner was not down and ball was clearly stripped, we watched it straight on from the side
[/quote]

Uh oh.....a Bobcat steps up to take on HDBobcat55.  This cannot end well. 

[quote name="incognito123" post="1037775" timestamp="1313789413"]
[quote author=HDcats0422 link=topic=86858.msg1037642#msg1037642 date=1313780164]
[/quote]

Uh oh.....a Bobcat steps up to take on HDBobcat55.  This cannot end well. 
[/quote]We are family and our family member is #44 on Hardin's team. The player with the pancake blocks and big hits lead blocking for the Hardin QB. Well... his regular real number is 12.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83